Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are Redskins Fans the Most Abused in Sports?

RF4L

Seriously. Can anyone think of any team's fans in any sport that are abused to the degree that we are?

Cases in point...

Solid starts to so many seasons to get our hopes way up, only to ultimately crash and burn.

Unbelievably creative ways to lose games that we are certain are in the bag - like a holding penalty to take us out of FG range, when we finally get a game turning turnover.

An almost palpable anti-Redskins bias on the part of officiating crews that regularly turns victories into gut-wrenching defeats.

Repeatedly seeing former Redskins, players and coaches, excel after they leave, especially when they face their former team.

:point2sky :twitch:

Seriously. Can anyone think of any team's fans in any sport that are abused to the degree that we are?

Cases in point...

Solid starts to so many seasons to get our hopes way up, only to ultimately crash and burn.

Unbelievably creative ways to lose games that we are certain are in the bag - like a holding penalty to take us out of FG range, when we finally get a game turning turnover.

An almost palpable anti-Redskins bias on the part of officiating crews that regularly turns victories into gut-wrenching defeats.

Repeatedly seeing former Redskins, players and coaches, excel after they leave, especially when they face their former team.

I agree with you 100%!

Cases in point...

You took the words right out of my mouth. I agree 150%...

It's not easy being a Skins fan :D. Especially if you are relatively a young fan (like me). Folks that have been skins fan since the Super Bowl days have totally different views IMO. I have NO FREAKING CLUE/IDEA of how it feels to be a fan of a Super Bowl winning team. Now, I gotta watch cause "those" guys gonna pop up and tell me to root for the Colts. Bottom line, everyone has their opinion based on their own point of references. That's why the old(er) skins fan can never relate to the young(er) generation Skins Fan. I have seen the Joe Gibbs history (on tape/film) and I would love to see the history repeats soon! But until then? you're right, we shall be bashed. But you know what scares the other (cowpukes) fans? sticking to your team even after all that bashing. Just a different view point ;). Because, just imagine, what type bashing we would be doing if we won.

Are you kidding, we have the opportunity almost every week to be so excited about getting the big win after 3 quarters, then reality sets in as our boys aren't in good enough shape to last that 4th quarter. Either that, or they never seem to learn from their mistakes, thinking they can relax after getting a 10 point edge and just coast to the victory!

Hmmmmmmmm! I wonder which of the two it is?

I guess we had it so good in Joe Gibbs first tenure that destiny decided to take a dump on us for an indefinite amount of time. When Joe Gibbs comes back and we still lose this way, it makes you think we are truly cursed.

It's not enough that we beat ourselves. We have to get the worst calls by the refs too. People say it all evens out. Well I can think of 3 games of the top of my head that the refs stole from us - Dallas and Green Bay at home last year, Tampa this year. Can anyone think of 3 similar games the refs gave us in return?

I feel most sorry for the youngest fans. At least I'm old enough to remember most of the glory days. Any kid who became a skins fan in the Norv Turner era has really had it bad. 10-6 in '99 was the highlight. 10-6 used to be considered a disappointing year for us when I was a kid.

I guess we had it so good in Joe Gibbs first tenure that destiny decided to take a dump on us for an indefinite amount of time. When Joe Gibbs comes back and we still lose this way, it makes you think we are truly cursed.

It's not enough that we beat ourselves. We have to get the worst calls by the refs too. People say it all evens out. Well I can think of 3 games of the top of my head that the refs stole from us - Dallas and Green Bay at home last year, Tampa this year. Can anyone think of 3 similar games the refs gave us in return?

I feel most sorry for the youngest fans. At least I'm old enough to remember most of the glory days. Any kid who became a skins fan in the Norv Turner era has really had it bad. 10-6 in '99 was the highlight. 10-6 used to be considered a disappointing year for us when I was a kid.

Well said. I admire the patience of the young Skins fan.

DUDE!!! I feel the same way, I feel the Redskins are cursed!!!!!! Finally someone thinks the same way I do. I remember the games from Theismans broken leg to today and since the death of Cook, life as a Redskins fan SUCKS!! I have so much love for this team that it hurts me when they loose because of the players that do so well and it seems that all the sudden a hole the size of Saturn opens for LT to walts through!!! What is this!!! We need to denounce this curse. I think the Indians put a curse on us because of the name and logo. I say we change the name to the Skins and put a hoggs head on the helmut. LOL!! Seriously I feel the same way that you do. Thank You Xtreme Skins!!!!

Archived