Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who would have thought

johnny23

I sit here and read these threads, it's no doubt we're all fans of the redskins. There are also reasons we are not out there Hired by the team to do these jobs. I see people wanting to Fire Joe Gibbs, trade Clinton Portis, cut Royals, benching Brunnell, and the list goes on and on. I drive nearly 4 hours each way to every home game to support this team. At the end of many of the games, I call my sales Rep who sold me the tickets and thank him for allowing my family members, friends, colleagues, and myself the opportunity to make that trip to watch MY favorite team week in and week out. That said, where is all of the dedication, loyalty, and appreciation for what these people do?

When you sit and think about what has been accomplished already this year, to me and alot of other fans that sit around me are feeling extremely good. Who would have thought that the redskins that went so bad last year, could be only 2 games out of first place in the division with 3 division games remaining. 2 of which we have already beaten. It saddens me that I see the Redskins Community here bashing and crying. Yesterday, I had the priveledge of watching in Fed Ex field what I felt was one of the best played games this year in the entire NFL.

Joe Gibbs was calling a conservative game plan, and why not? The game was very tight it could have gone either way. I see people wanting him to "open up" the offense, thats a great idea, suppose one of those deep passes were intercepted and returned for a touchdown. Would you then chastize him for throwing the game away? Better yet, he gets bashed for calling the plays which were better suited for the game that was played.

The only thing I observed that I would have wanted to have been better, is Brunell's decision making. BUT I am definately not on that field, and I definately am not seeing from his eyes. These players on that field playing, are not "normal". They all possess skills and mindsets that are mind blowing.

That's why they get paid to play, and we pay to watch this game. I'm not going to yell and scream to fire or whatever to anyone. I enjoy the excitement and the momories that this game brings to me and my family.

When I was walking down the ramp out of the field yesterday, my 7 year old looked up at me and asked me, why are you smiling dad. My comment was...wow what an experience. To have had the pleasure to watch Santana Moss reach a 1000 yard milestone, a running back like LT run that ball, and watch my favorite coach Joe Gibbs, my favorite team, and seeing Marty S calling what was everything I was hoping for...a slugfest. Unfortunatly we lost.

Thank you Redskins Organization for Everything.

Hail to the Redskins!

I agree 100% with your sentiments. I love football season, love the game, and love the Redskins enough to never get too down on the whole experience.

However, you can't blame a lot of us for being frustrated with the long-time funk the team seems to be in. The emotional payoff is just so much better when the games have post-season significance.

great post, and everyone should realize that if the Skins somehow manage to win against St. Louis, Arizona, Dallas, Giants, and Eagles that we have a VERY GOOD CHANCE of making the playoffs?

On a sidenote: FedEx Field was the loudest it's been all year. Great job everyone!

great post, and everyone should realize that if the Skins somehow manage to win against St. Louis, Arizona, Dallas, Giants, and Eagles that we have a VERY GOOD CHANCE of making the playoffs?

On a sidenote: FedEx Field was the loudest it's been all year. Great job everyone!

Is that sarcastic? I dont mean to ruin this thread with pessimism/realism... but you are saying that if we do something that we have a very low chance of doing, we will have a very high chance of making the playoffs...not exactly a huge morale boost.

Excellent post Johnny :notworthy

Joe Gibbs was calling a conservative game plan, and why not? The game was very tight it could have gone either way. I see people wanting him to "open up" the offense, thats a great idea, suppose one of those deep passes were intercepted and returned for a touchdown. Would you then chastize him for throwing the game away? Better yet, he gets bashed for calling the plays which were better suited for the game that was played.

note - from my perspective only

There's conservative, then there's too conservative. I have no problem with conservative playcalling, as long as it works. It usually does for 3 quarters. Then with lead heading into the fouth, we go from conservative to too conservative. That's what's fustrating, as it has hurt us time and time again. Instead of building that lead we just....I don't know try to run out the clock I guess. Rarely in todays NFL does that work. Rarely, with a defense who's aggressiveness opens them up to big plays, does that work. How many more fourth quarter collapses will it be before they figure that out?

Anyway, again good post :cheers:

The mood will change around here when we're 9-6 heading into the Philly game :)

I agree, to me it doesn't matter if we make the play-offs or not. bottom line is, I'm going to be at Fed-Ex screming my rear end off cheering the Skins on...and enjoying the moment. We are a better team than we were last year, and we are still improving. For that I'm happy. Just think....we could be much much worse off....New Orleans Saints...need I say more. Thanks for the words all... I appreciate it...and I appreciate that I'm not the only one out there that feels this way.

I sit here and read these threads, it's no doubt we're all fans of the redskins. There are also reasons we are not out there Hired by the team to do these jobs. I see people wanting to Fire Joe Gibbs, trade Clinton Portis, cut Royals, benching Brunnell, and the list goes on and on. I drive nearly 4 hours each way to every home game to support this team. At the end of many of the games, I call my sales Rep who sold me the tickets and thank him for allowing my family members, friends, colleagues, and myself the opportunity to make that trip to watch MY favorite team week in and week out. That said, where is all of the dedication, loyalty, and appreciation for what these people do?

When you sit and think about what has been accomplished already this year, to me and alot of other fans that sit around me are feeling extremely good. Who would have thought that the redskins that went so bad last year, could be only 2 games out of first place in the division with 3 division games remaining. 2 of which we have already beaten. It saddens me that I see the Redskins Community here bashing and crying. Yesterday, I had the priveledge of watching in Fed Ex field what I felt was one of the best played games this year in the entire NFL.

The only thing I observed that I would have wanted to have been better, is Brunell's decision making. BUT I am definately not on that field, and I definately am not seeing from his eyes. These players on that field playing, are not "normal". They all possess skills and mindsets that are mind blowing.

That's why they get paid to play, and we pay to watch this game. I'm not going to yell and scream to fire or whatever to anyone. I enjoy the excitement and the momories that this game brings to me and my family.

When I was walking down the ramp out of the field yesterday, my 7 year old looked up at me and asked me, why are you smiling dad. My comment was...wow what an experience. To have had the pleasure to watch Santana Moss reach a 1000 yard milestone, a running back like LT run that ball, and watch my favorite coach Joe Gibbs, my favorite team, and seeing Marty S calling what was everything I was hoping for...a slugfest. Unfortunatly we lost.

Thank you Redskins Organization for Everything.

Hail to the Redskins!

Robert Royal possesses skills and mindsets that are mind Blowing?? Are you kidding me?

Look, I also drive 4.5 hours each way to and from the 'Skins game. I pay ~$375 per game for the "Priviledge" to see my 'Skins play...not a $ problem for a player, but a good deal of change for the average person. This is Year 13 after Gibbs I, where the team has been a consistent underachiever. We've seen a lot of shenanigans of players and coaches, come and go. But it's we fans who help pay those players and coaches salaries, it's we fans that buy all the %$%$# 'Skins merchandise and jerseys, and it's we fans who brave 30 degree ,rain soaked Sundays to watch this team in January. Don't even try to say that we as fans don't have a right to vent our frustration.. Although I don't get vulgar about it, or boo JoeGibbs, I have a right to yell...a $375.00 right.

How dare you suggest we just sit back, enjoy the experience, watch the team underperform, then drive 4.5-5.5 hours home with "a smile on our face" after the team yet again fails when it has a chance to give us fans hope. I'd personally rather lose by 30 than the way they have lost these last three weeks.

You talk of incredibly gifted athletes...if they are so gifted, then why do they make so many STUPID mistakes? These 'gifted' players get a helluva lot of money to play a GAME. It's no secret that usually whomever plays the game the best will win. I won't smile if the 'Skins don't give their best to win. If they play all out, don't do stupid things, and still lose...well, then the better team won. I take my son or daughter to the game A lot. They enjoy it, and I do everything possible to make it a cherished and fun outing. But in the NFL, you play TO WIN. But to your credit, I'm sure that right now all the 'Skins players are smiling for the fun experience.....

I'm sure you are right Johnny23 about throwing the ball more. It may have been intercepted and ran back for a touchdown, but we'll never know if we don't try to get the ball down the field right? The wide receiver has the advantage. A flag being thrown for a pass interference call, Brunell could throw it short and the wide receiver could come back to the ball..But Joe Gibbs needs to open up that avenue to have a chance to win the game don't you think? I think Joe Gibbs should seriously think about that more and not be sooo afraid about the negative aspects of it all...Because if you're negative, it will happen that way. Brunell has the arm to throw down the field, and I'm sure he also has the confidence too. Santans Moss could get it done you know, just look at the Cowboy game.

What I want to see more of is chances that have a positive feel to them..Because after all, we are trying to win the game right? It seems to me that the last several games Joe Gibbs has been afraid to try to score touchdowns and lead by a touchdown or two or three.. It's all good to try and stay close at the end of the game in all, but come-on, we are not that good yet to be in that situation. I say, throw the ball down the field more and more. Who knows, we may just win some games..

I too would love to have season tickets to see the games and just be glad that I can see them in person, but I can't beacause I live clear across the country in CA. I would also be dissapointed when we lose a game. Aren't you?

I still say this team is better now than over the past 5 years. Games all over the league are very close. We were winning close games at the start of the year, we're losing close games in the middle. I say we start winning close ones at the end.

Hail to the Redskins. :logo:

If we beat all those teams you just mentioned..

We will make the playoffs and win the division. :D

We are fans and we do have to right to voice our opinion. It is the fans that pay the multi-million dollar salaries for the players. I hate it when people say it's just a game. It is not just a $%#^&*@ game!!! Winners don't know how to lose! Last time I checked they keep score and players get incentives if they win. I am not going to be some "Tool" like some of the other fans and pretend nothing is wrong with this team. I love the Redskins & I love football. I have been a fan for as long as I can remember. I have been wearing Redskin shirts sense I was a baby. I'm not some fat slob that drinks beer and talks about football like I know everything even though I never played. I am 30 year of age and I am in better shape then most people in their 20's. I played football, baseball, and soccer all throughout school. I continued to wrestle with a torn rotator cuff for over 3 months. I was in pain every day. But I did it so I could continue to wrestle. And I didn't even get paid for it. Athletes don't put their body through hell because it’s just a game. I have never meet an athlete that felt good even though they lost.

Now that I am done venting, I have something positive to add. Gibbs is a winner. And I do believe he will turn this team around and I do believe he will learn from his mistakes. Who would have ever thought Gibbs would use the Shotgun..?

Some one said earlier in the whole thread that there should be more posts. Well some of these posts on this thread are the exact reason I do not post.

Some one said a few posts back, how dare I insinuate that they can't vent frustration....I don't know..read my little article again, friend. In no way shape and/or form does it even remotely insinuate anything about not being able to vent. Venting is healthy and all that blah blah stuff...I'm no psychotherapist or anything but that's just plain common sense.

I'm glad that you pay xxx number of dollars to see your team, but remember this, I'm certain that there are others that spent alot more money as you do to watch the same game, and probably don't get overly upset over it. After all it is a game for entertainment purposes.

They also speak of watching them being under-acheivers...personally anyone playing on that field has nothing to prove to me or anyone else about achievement. After all ...I don't see you or myself out there. Until you can play at their levels ...you can't exactly sit back and call them under acheivers...I think their quite the opposite. Not to mention respected for that accomplishment. If their so gifted why do they make stupid mistakes? Well, case in point, they are humans. I think we are all entitled to have mistakes. Are you always 100% perfect? Do you always make 100% correct decisions? Are all of your decisions "smart"?

Another person wrote in there that they were an athlete for over 30 years...that's great...I'm proud of you. I assure you, I am not some "tool" that sits back and thinks that nothing is wrong with this team. In fact, if you read my message it says nothing about them being perfect or nothing wrong. It says who would have thought coming from last year we'd be 2 games back...blah blah...I'm sure you may be able to read my post again.

Read the thread before you post people...The thread is more for thought...to send a positive message. If you interpret it as being whatever...then whatever...I'm not asking for people to agree or disagree with me. I just wanted to "vent" what I am feeling. This is why I do not post very often.

Archived