Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ty Joe Gibbs, at least we can play with best after only 2 years!

GoForIt

Yes the loses we had are the toughest in football. I would say I would rather get blown out 50-0 but I thought about it and seen the difference in this team since Gibbs came back. In the last 2 years were playing with the best in football, something No other coach except Gibbs has performed here. All of our losses except NY was because we beat ourselves, at least we can play with the best right now and sooner or later we will stop beating ourselves and start beating these other teams. We wont suffer too much longer under Gibbs and dont let any fool make you think he cant turn this team around because he already has the last 2 seasons. Only took 2 years to play with the best in the NFL and even beat some of the best, and its going to get better each year just as it has all ready. Joe Gibbs inherited a disaster from the past coaches and in just 2 seasons gave us a team that can play toe to toe with any. If he turned a strait up losing team into something that can at least make games worth watching in only 2 years, then what do you think he can do in 3 years? Dont tell me another coach could of done that for this team because they couldnt have. It would of took them at least 5 years to beat dallas or any division leading team with what they were handed. At least it was fun this year, we finaly had hope and a fighting chance, something we havent had except 1 out of the last 12 years. There hard work will eventualy pay off, its only a matter of time. I wanted this year but if thats not the case, I will take next year anyday.

Yes the loses we had are the toughest in football. I would say I would rather get blown out 50-0 but I thought about it and seen the difference in this team since Gibbs came back. In the last 2 years were playing with the best in football, something No other coach except Gibbs has performed here. All of our losses except NY was because we beat ourselves, at least we can play with the best right now and sooner or later we will stop beating ourselves and start beating these other teams. We wont suffer too much longer under Gibbs and dont let any fool make you think he cant turn this team around because he already has the last 2 seasons. Only took 2 years to play with the best in the NFL and even beat some of the best, and its going to get better each year just as it has all ready. Joe Gibbs inherited a disaster from the past coaches and in just 2 seasons gave us a team that can play toe to toe with any.

You make a good point. We have definitely improved overall. Our offense while not a top notch unit has made vast improvements. Last year was almost unbearable. However, we have regressed on defense.

The question that I have is what are we going to do to improve next season?

Our divison is going to be very tough again with NYG, Dallas and a revamped Philly team.

Offense:

We can't really upgrade our O line much save getting a more talented OG to replace Dockery although I feel that he has improved a lot over last season.

A huge question mark remains at QB. Brunell has also improved greatly over last season but how much more does he have in the tank? What do we have in Campbell? Will we see an improvement at the QB position? That is anyone's guess.

WR and TE need upgrades but will we make the right moves? We cannot go into the season with the WR corps that we currently have. The same can be said for the TEs.

Defense:

Will we upgrade both DEs?

Our secondary is really one or two players away from being dominant. We need another CB but without a lot of day 1 picks and more pressing needs at other positions where will we find one?

As you can see, there are a lot of question marks and it will take the right moves and a little luck to get to where we want to be.

this has been a really tough schedule...who knows a couple of good bounces and get rid of some bogus calls and the division could be ours.

So true and if we came this far with what we had in only 2 years, it sure gives me hope for things to come. :cheers:

Is loss is a loss is a loss, no matter how much you sugar coat it. We are a losing team and no better than we were two years ago, four years ago or 10 years ago. There's no credit here due anyone and anyone thats proud of what our team is doing doesnt ask for much in life.

Another dissapointing season, but this team is better. Somebody said that we have been competetive all those years except for spurrier's second year. Bull! Those teams in the past gave up. This team might be blowing it at the end of each game, but you can see that they are playing with everything they can muster. Sorry to say though, it's just not enough. As bad as all of this looks, we still have a shot at the playoffs. A small one, but when was the last time we could say that at the end of november?

So in closing, I'm praying for at least a 10-6 season. I'm not giving up on my SKINS or Joe Gibbs. As the old saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day. Give Joe time.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Actaully we've been "competitive" in pretty much every season aside from Spurrier's second' date=' when the coach had clearly just given up.The NFL is designed for every team to be competitive. It's hard NOT to be competitive.[/quote']

I dont call getting blown out nearly every game being competitive, especialy on the National telivised games. I dont recall any coach except Gibbs walking into Dallas and winning for us. I rest my case

Is loss is a loss is a loss, no matter how much you sugar coat it. We are a losing team and no better than we were two years ago, four years ago or 10 years ago. There's no credit here due anyone and anyone thats proud of what our team is doing doesnt ask for much in life.

Im proud of where this team came from in just 2 years and we are only a few players short of being a Super Bowl team, and Joe Gibbs will get them some how some way. Yes it sucks losing the way we are, but it wasnt Gibbs who tackled the defensive linemen to put us out of field goal range. The only reason some people cant see how far Gibbs has brought this team is because they cant see past the very first and most important step of coaching, Rebuilding! He inherited a mess 2 years ago and all ready can play with the best. By next year this will be his team, the one he built for long term, then lets see all the morons come out and call for his job. I guarantee you will be the first one to say, yea I stood behind him the whole time and knew he could do it, "what ever". If you cant stand to watch a 2 year old team beat 5 year old teams and some even the BEST in the NFC, then go back to your cave.

Another dissapointing season, but this team is better. Somebody said that we have been competetive all those years except for spurrier's second year. Bull! Those teams in the past gave up. This team might be blowing it at the end of each game, but you can see that they are playing with everything they can muster. Sorry to say though, it's just not enough. As bad as all of this looks, we still have a shot at the playoffs. A small one, but when was the last time we could say that at the end of november?

So in closing, I'm praying for at least a 10-6 season. I'm not giving up on my SKINS or Joe Gibbs. As the old saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day. Give Joe time.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Great thread and well said :applause:

I dont call getting blown out nearly every game being competitive, especialy on the National telivised games. I dont recall any coach except Gibbs walking into Dallas and winning for us. I rest my case

As Boswell pointed out today, Norv actually had a winning record in his last five seasons. He made the playoffs in '99 and the Fortune 500 team started off something like 6-2 before it fell apart. Marty's 2001 finish was something of a miracle. And Spurrier's first season was okay.

Overall, the Redskins were mediocre before Gibbs II. And they are mediocre now.

What the Redskins continue to do under Gibbs is what they have done for years: give away winnable games. How is Rabach's holding penalty different from something like Davis fumbling in the endzone against Arizona or any of the bizarre ways we've lost to Dallas over the years?

This time consistently finds new and exciting ways to lose. And if Brunell and Moss didn't pull two rabbits out of their hats in Dallas, this season would be a complete and total disaster.

the team has definitely improved...... what frustrates and saddens me is the fact that this team goes into a shell when it has the lead. playing not to lose will only make you lose. case in point, the last 3 weeks. we should be 8-3 or 7-4, not 5-6 where we need to run the table.

Good thread. We've made strides from where we were when Spurrier left. At that point, we were putrid. We quit.

Over the past two years, we've begun to build back up to where we were under Norv (I know that sounds bad, but we were a viable team over his last two seasons). The key is to keep the staff and a lot of the players around and ESTABLISH something. Norv got us a division and the playoffs in 5 or 6 years. Does anyone doubt that Gibbs can surpass that if he stays aboard for the duration of his contract???? I don't.

Gibbs essentially started from scratch because of how bad we were during the second half of Spurrier's second season. Last year was tough, this year is a little better. The last step for us is learning how to win the games that we deserve to win...we'll get there!

Good thread. We've made strides from where we were when Spurrier left. At that point, we were putrid. We quit.

Over the past two years, we've begun to build back up to where we were under Norv (I know that sounds bad, but we were a viable team over his last two seasons). The key is to keep the staff and a lot of the players around and ESTABLISH something. Norv got us a division and the playoffs in 5 or 6 years. Does anyone doubt that Gibbs can surpass that if he stays aboard for the duration of his contract???? I don't.

Gibbs essentially started from scratch because of how bad we were during the second half of Spurrier's second season. Last year was tough, this year is a little better. The last step for us is learning how to win the games that we deserve to win...we'll get there!

Its so great to see REAL redskin fans somewhere! :applause:

Archived