Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Enough with the Gibbs bashing (Merged)

NCSkinzFan

I'm 21 and have been a Skins fan since the day I was born. I remember our SB run in '91 with Gibbs at the helm and have watched our blowout, of the Broncos in SB XXII on tape many times. Now I see all these "fans" calling for Gibb's head!

Are you f'in kiddin' me?!?!? Gibbs coming back is the BEST thing that could have EVER happened to this franchise. Did you ever think who would be here if Gibbs didn't come home. The man is a winner, plain and simple, he has showed us this in football and NASCAR. He came in, inheriting a team completely constructed by Spurrier. You can't expect us to be Super Bowl contenders after only two freakin' years after rebuilding the team. I mean it took Bill Walsh three years to build the dynasty in San Fran and Chuck Knoll 4 years to bring the Steelers to greatness in the '70's. It is sheer ignorance to blame our struggles on Gibbs. I think he's done a fabulous job keeping this team together and we are steadily making progress every week, much much better than we were last year. We protected the ball the best we have all season today and our defense has been up to the task both times in the last two weeks. And as for our offense, has our 52 point outburst vs SanFran (who beat Tampa Bay) been forgotten. We just need to put all the pieces together and when that happens, we'll be goin' places.

In closing, all the whining bandwagon fans need to refrain from throwing mud on the names of our PROVEN coach and players and band together like TRUE skins fans do and cheer on the B and G. Most of our personal is in place, we just need one or two more pieces to complete the puzzle and I'm guarenteeing that we will be big time contenders within the next two seasons. So get hyped!

:wavetowel

PS-We're not done yet...This season ain't over til its over!

I'll tell you a little secret that you will learn in due time...

It's not what you did that matters. It's what have you done for me lately.

I'm a huge Gibbs supporter. But the last three weeks have given me much room for pause. Is a 60 some year old Gibbs the same as a 40 some year old one? I can tell you this... my Dad isn't the same at 63 as he was at 43. Not even close when it comes to aggessiveness and discipline. I'm wondering if that is missing with Gibbs II. This team just lays down in the fourth quarter. :(

I'll tell you a little secret that you will learn in due time...

It's not what you did that matters. It's what have you done for me lately.

I'm a huge Gibbs supporter. But the last three weeks have given me much room for pause. Is a 60 some year old Gibbs the same as a 40 some year old one? I can tell you this... my Dad isn't the same at 63 as he was at 43. Not even close when it comes to aggessiveness and discipline. I'm wondering if that is missing with Gibbs II. This team just lays down in the fourth quarter. :(

what's missing is Dextar Manley and Charles Man, Tony McGee, Daryl Grant, Dave Butz, and the Possee

we are just a couple players short

Great post. Its too bad most people on the board dont understand. Im 16, havent exporeinced Gibbs first run, and STILL have faith. This is why we never win, a guy doesnt take us to the superbowl in 1 or 2 years, and we fire him( well snyder does). You people make me sick. Few people on this board know whats going on, and what we are building. if we win the rest of our games(probly wont), you guys will be back on the bandwagon, riding shotgun. Its complete bs, , how about we keep a head coach for more than a year or two, and SEE what happens. im sick of all this " game has passed him by" talk, believe it or not, the game is still played with the same shape ball and most of hte rules are the same. Football is still Football. Gibbs was inventive back then, and is still inventive. As far as im concerned, the bandwagon fans can leave. Just remember one thing, continuity is the key to success in the nfl. Any of you disagree with me, show me a case where this does not hold true.

You people make me sick. Few people on this board know whats going on, and what we are building. if we win the rest of our games(probly wont), you guys will be back on the bandwagon, riding shotgun. .

OK, After sticking with this team for 27 seasons I have a hard time accepting being lectured about loyalty by someone who watched our last Super Bowl with footy pajamas on and a Whinnie the Pooh mobile rotating over his head. :)

Gibbs doesn't coach his team to win. He coaches not to lose. I don't put our turnover problems on him, or our pass blocking problems, but I do put our ultra-conservative playing style late in games on him. It's time Gibbs realizes the year is 2005, not 1982. We have Clinton Portis, not John Riggins. We have Casey Rabach and Derrick Dockery. not Joe Jacoboy and Russ Grimm. I'm not sure if Gibbs tenses up late in games, or if he's so dillusional that he thinks he can run the ball straight up the middle every play against 9 defenders in the box and pick up first downs.

OK, After sticking with this team for 27 seasons I have a hard time accepting being lectured about loyalty by someone who watched our last Super Bowl with footy pajamas on and a Whinnie the Pooh mobile rotating over his head. :)

HAHA nice one man, calm down, Why does age matter? Im loyal as hell, and im sure you are too. I just want to know why we are bashing Joe Gibbs. When we win, we praise him, When we lose, we bash him. Cant we stick with him through thick and thin? Has he not deserved to coach more than two seasons? The guy is a class act, and instills the right atitude into the players. I dont understand why we always have to change coaches. And about the comment on my age, maybe I have a little more baised opinion on continuity, because all ive witnessed were losing seasons and coaching changes. Imagine how disheartening it is, to have never expericned glory? Maybe for once, just once, I want to see us stick with a coach,a good one thats not named norv turner, and see what the outcome is? Id rather go 6-10 with Joe Gibbs the first 2 seasons with joe gibbs then win a superbowl, then go 8-8 or 7-9 consistently with some other guy

Truskinsfan18 def. appreciatin' the support...I thought it was me vs. the world here. Youth def. has the right idea here. :cheers: It's DARN sad that a coach's entire winning legacy can be neglected during only 2 rebuilding years. Again what do you honestly expect..Gibbs comes in and takes us to the Super Bowl in two years?!? What kind of stability and future will this franchise have if they switch coaches every two years? Switching coaches often has been the recent trend with us and look where its gotten us. And I know for a FACT that when we start winning again, there will be a BILLION "Gibbs for President posts" and "Redskins are #1, Bring on Dallas" posts from the same people who are throwing stones right now.

HAHA nice one man, calm down, Why does age matter? Im loyal as hell, and im sure you are too. I just want to know why we are bashing Joe Gibbs. When we win, we praise him, When we lose, we bash him. Cant we stick with him through thick and thin? Has he not deserved to coach more than two seasons? The guy is a class act, and instills the right atitude into the players. I dont understand why we always have to change coaches. And about the comment on my age, maybe I have a little more baised opinion on continuity, because all ive witnessed were losing seasons and coaching changes. Imagine how disheartening it is, to have never expericned glory? Maybe for once, just once, I want to see us stick with a coach,a good one thats not named norv turner, and see what the outcome is? Id rather go 6-10 with Joe Gibbs the first 2 seasons with joe gibbs then win a superbowl, then go 8-8 or 7-9 consistently with some other guy

Just funnin' with you. ;) Hey we all are diehards or else we wouldn't be here. I personally think this team has improved by leaps and bounds. My only gripe is the coach not going for the throat in the 4th. That has cost us the last three games. I hope that Campbell at least gets some practice reps with the starters and would like to see him make an appearance in a game if we lose our 7th game. Something tells me that we should be bold like Cincy was last year benching Kitna for the future. However if we can muster up two wins in a row we'll have something to play for. That won't be an easy task but if we could play the 4th qtr like the first three we will win the next two.

I do think a team is a reflection of it's HC...

yeah and Gibbs is feeling the pressure coming back after 12 years out of football entirely..

He will figure it out...I guarantee it and when he does the entire NFL will take notice. That is unless the phony fans get under his skin and he leaves..

perfect timing on that holding call by those officials though...I'm suer they would have called Holding on San Diego at such a critical time..oh wait..they didn't on LT's Overtime run..

I respect Gibb's reentry to the NFL. Everyone had huge hopes for him coming in and to tell you the truth, from the beginning I knew it would take 2-3 years for him to get back into the grove to things. Seems to me everyone else gave him half a season and then tried to claim he sucked.

With the exception of the O-line this team had to be tore down and rebuilt from the Spurrier era. I just hope Gibbs gets more aggressive in the 4th in the future.

Let's not forget it took Parcell 3 years to get the Pats winning and Vermeil had back to back 4-12 seasons in St Louis before he won his super bowl. I don't think people really want to toss Gibbs out of town. They just want to see him show more intestinal fortitude late in games instead of depending on a defense, that has a knack for giving up big plays, to win it for them.

This gave me my first laugh tonight since watching that debacle today. Thanks man..........I needed that.

If you look at the touchdown drives, the Redskins were effective passing on first and second downs. During the 4th quarter it was consistently run-run-pass that stalled out our drives. Santana Moss scored a touchdown on a play where we sent out 2 receivers for goodness sake! We fans are more frustrated at the players for not executing, but Gibbs has to look at the play calling as well... especially in comparison to the successful TD drives.

Archived