Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Meaningful games in December!

Mr. Nostril

Right now, the Redskins are 5-6. If we win out, we'll be 10-6, and likely be in the playoffs. So, we have to lose one more games before our games aren't meaingful.

The date of our next game, December 4th. So, we have at least one meaningful game in december.

Also, if we play as well as we played in any game this season(except the loss to the Giants), we will win the next two games. So, that means we're likely to play a meaningful division game in the middle of december.

Whether you like to admit it or not, I consider this reason to celebrate.

Guest sith lord

How can you be sure we'll win the next 2 games. The Rams have a horrible defense, but they can still score points. Same goes for the Cardinals. The only teams that we would be a shoe in to beat is the Texans, 49ers, Jets, Saints, Ravens, and Browns.

How can you be sure we'll win the next 2 games. The Rams have a horrible defense, but they can still score points. Same goes for the Cardinals. The only teams that we would be a shoe in to beat is the Texans, 49ers, Jets, Saints, Ravens, and Browns.

LOL look at the teams you metion. All have no QB like us. This is a league that if you have a good QB you will be in it to the end. If you do not you will lose close games all yr

I can't be sure.

That's why there was an "if" associated with the hopes to play meaningful divisional games.

Either way. Next Sundays game against the Rams is a meaningful game and it takes place in December. And if(remember, I said if) we step up the plate, there can be meaningful division games in late in december.

Right now, the Redskins are 5-6. If we win out, we'll be 10-6, and likely be in the playoffs. So, we have to lose one more games before our games aren't meaingful.

QUOTE]

...and if we lose out, we'll be 5-11.

The real problem is that this team is the bizarro universe Redskins. Gibbs' original teams were better in the second half than the first. They were damn near untouchable with a 10-point lead late in the game. Those teams played tough, seesaw games just like this bunch does, but they somehow found a way to make one more play than the other guys. It just isn't possible to imagine those teams collapsing late in the game week after week.

Here's the epitaph for the 2005 Washington Redskins: "They found a way to lose."

At 5-3 I was thinking about winning the division. Now I'm just thinking about winning a game. If they do, then the following weeks game becomes meaningful. And so on.

The Redskins are still their own worse enemy. If they were playing well then it would be conceivable that they could win out and make the playoffs because the schedule is favorable (toughest opponents at home). But right now they can't even win a game.

The only thing I can say is that in 2001 we lost the first 5 games and then won 5 in a row. Including wins in Denver and Philly. If that could happen, then anything is possible.

we'd probably lose to the ravens like we always do, and probably the saints as well.

we'd beat the rest though :)

Archived