Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Killing the clock. Are good teams doing this?

psrichmond

No, they (the winning teams) aren't. I thought on our last possession, after the first 1st down, when we threw it twice we might not play to lose again. I was wrong. We played to lose after the 2nd 1st down. I keep saying it. We need to play all four downs if its going to play out like this every week. 4th and 1, go for it. 4th and 10? Yeah... go for it then too. Especially with the punter we have.

I won't happen (going for it on 4th down).

Sometimes I'm afraid that Gibbs will punt it away on 3rd and long because he is afraid to lose the ball and give up a good spot on the field.

I think he is so afraid of losing that he is scared to take a chance and score more. The only time we try to score is when we are behind by more than 2 scores. Otherwise we play conservatively and lose.

I won't happen (going for it on 4th down).

Sometimes I'm afraid that Gibbs will punt it away on 3rd and long because he is afraid to lose the ball and give up a good spot on the field.

I think he is so afraid of losing that he is scared to take a chance and score more. The only time we try to score is when we are behind by more than 2 scores. Otherwise we play conservatively and lose.

:laugh: that 3rd and long idea might be of help to us

I have a plan for next week. I'll bring a cute puppy and a hammer to the game. If we're up going into the 4th qtr I go to Gibbs holding the puppy and hammer and say "you play aggressive this quarter or the cute puppy gets it!" :)

gibbs is a 'turn the other cheek' christian, he'd probably toss you another puppy.

Archived