Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will The Skins Make Playoffs?(poll)

santanamoss89

We're not in the driver's seat. 9-7 doesn't make it. 10-6 is even a bubble. If we somehow go 10-6 we will have a great NFC East record but we still won't be in the driver's seat.

Question is: If after the last three years if someone said "you're gonna be 9-7 with a chance at 10-6 this year." Would you have been happy? 6-10 to 9-7 is great progress. As long as the momentum continues. HTTR...

BTW: Great play by Lavar this week and last. glad he's back.

If we go 10-6 we probably would be in the drivers seat of our division unless the winner of next weeks giants cowboys game wins the rest of their games besides against the Redskins.

Nope.

Postseason chances ended with the Raiders loss.

I'm still hoping for 8-8 or better with a sweep of Dallas and Philly (one can hope).

We're a better team than in 2004, but failure to execute....poor play calling and a failure to finish off teams have cost us this year.

A few additions, O-coaches scrapping some plays and some players stepping up and I think we will be playoff bound in '06 (but I say that every year :( ).

basically all you are saying is YOU don't believe the skins can win out..

yeah it's not easy but it ain't over...

It's not over until it's over. For the past three weeks, we've gotten some tough breaks, but have played admirably. I like our chances. The Giants and Cowboys lost this week. We can beat them both when they come to Fed EX Field. We certainly can beat the Rams. Our toughest game from here on out with be at Philadelphia. 9-7 is good enough for a wildcard birth.

I'd like to know how any of you view any of our remaining games as easy considering we lost to a crappy tem at home last week. That 3rd string QB of the Rams had 300+ passing yards today. Granted it was against a bad team but who in their right mind thinks we'll just waltz into the dome next week and bag an easy win? Wake up.

If the Redskins run the table, they get in. One more loss could be the end of our playoff hopes.

Redskins remaing schedule:

Dec 4 @St. Louis

Dec 11 @Arizona

Dec 18 Dallas

Dec 24 N.Y. Giants

Jan 1 @Philadelphia

NY Giants remaing schedule:

Dec 4 Dallas

Dec 11 @Philadelphia

Dec 17 Kansas City

Dec 24 @Washington

Dec 31 @Oakland

Dallas remaining schedule:

Dec 4 @N.Y. Giants

Dec 11 Kansas City

Dec 18 @Washington

Dec 24 @Carolina

Jan 1 St. Louis

If the Redskins run the table, they get in. One more loss could be the end of our playoff hopes.

Redskins remaing schedule:

Dec 4 @St. Louis

Dec 11 @Arizona

Dec 18 Dallas

Dec 24 N.Y. Giants

Jan 1 @Philadelphia

NY Giants remaing schedule:

Dec 4 Dallas

Dec 11 @Philadelphia

Dec 17 Kansas City

Dec 24 @Washington

Dec 31 @Oakland

Dallas remaining schedule:

Dec 4 @N.Y. Giants

Dec 11 Kansas City

Dec 18 @Washington

Dec 24 @Carolina

Jan 1 St. Louis

yea if we lose 1 game were probably done. But I think we can out.

basically all you are saying is YOU don't believe the skins can win out..

yeah it's not easy but it ain't over...

No, I don't think they'll win out especially if they can't finish games like in Tampa and for two weeks here.

we should be 8-3 right now.....but we're not.

We are as good (or better) than the remaining teams left on the schedule.

If we execute and finish teams we should be able to run the table.

But saying it and doing it are totally different things--

They have not proved to me that they can do that yet.

Despite this, I'll still be at the Dallas game screaming my head off.

But 3-2 right now would make me very happy (especially if we beat Dallas and Philly). Thus, 8-8. If we run the table....you can make a whole thread saying "goskins, I told you so!" and I'll type AzSkins was right 100 X's on that thread.

And I hope you're right ;), but I'm not at all sold that they can do it.

Win our division?????????????????? Dude we need to try to win a single game first...dropped the last three...not good. Now we are tie with the Beagles for last........

insted of saying just win a game i probably would of went with the jim more:

playoffs?playoffs? we'll be lucky if we win one more game

somehow...someway we are actually still in it i believe after the next two weeks we are actually 7-6 with a shot to win the division with the last three games being against the giants cowboys and eagles....unfortunately i think the only game we can afford to lose would be against the eagles

in a very very lucky scenario we could win the division but not if we have more than one loss and not if our one loss is to the giants or cowboys...i just dont think we will do it the way things are goin right now :rolleyes:

Three games ago I just knew we would be In the post season. No longer. at best I see us at 7-9 with wins over Arizona and the Cowturds. Really. This team has heart I see that, but It's not enough to win games. They cant win a game going into the fourth quarter and teams know this. Vikings are a game ahead of us? This Is sad.

We have to win out we will be in the playoffs. We have every tiebreaker in our division, I guess thats the one bonus to having 4 AFC losses.

How can you say that??? We lost ummmmmm...got shut out by the Giants. We own no such tiebreaker against them. Sad thing is that we'd be a game back had we beat SD. :(

insted of saying just win a game i probably would of went with the jim more:

playoffs?playoffs? we'll be lucky if we win one more game

:laugh: Yeah, guess I could have gone with that. Or maybe something along the lines of "...it's all good, we are tied for second place in our division with the Eagles....while Dallas and Giants are tied for first..." I really do hope we get to the playoffs, at least the first round. I have to agree though, I think even 10-6 doesnt mean a playoff spot necessarily unless we do somehow win the division. Every one here needs to rub the Budda for some good luck to roll our way for a change...those two home losses have left a bitter taste in my mouth.....

I mean, I wouldn't say there's a Coaching disconnect, especially not on Coach Gibbs behalf, but one would have to wonder what the conduct of analyses up to game prep is from the assistants and what back briefs are they providing to Coach Gibbs? What adjustments are being made at half time based on that game prep and things they've seen during 1st half, things they didn't see but may see in the 2d.

Go all the way back to a 1 minute and a second left in TB, TB hadn't been running the ball effectively all game, ball's inside their own 45 yd line and no time outs, a field goal wouldn't do, but some how we didn't believe they were going to go for the TD. Raiders scouted , as part of their game prep, our 2 Tampa pass coverage. They told their assistants let us know when/ if you see this coverage in the 1st half and keep looking through-out the game.

Well they saw it relayed it down to the sideline and they coached up Collins and the WRs result Mike LB on a WR, TD! Yesterday, 3d and 2 , ball inside our own 40, 3d QTR it's okay to pass, but jeez don't just jump in the shot gun and give our intent away, instead run a play action and go for the high percentage pass...nothings wrong with that.

Then CP runs the ball down to the 25 yd line, with an opportunity for a high percentage FG attempt and only seconds remaining in the game. But our assistant Coaches thinking we're comfortable with our offense elect to get the ball closer, result 5-6 schedule and doubt left in rest of season. Name me one NFL team that wouldn't have kicked the ball in that situation---a 42yd field goal.

Yeah I'm a Skins fan through and through, but it's rough right now. Not because we aren't a good football team but because we have some disconnects out there that we haven't solved yet. Closing argument look at LT's stats and then look at CP's they're pretty much identical...difference is that LT has longer runs. Why? Well you make the call. I'm not in the club house and not real close to sideline activity but this is what it looks like. I mean you got professional assistants making decisions out there that's well, scary. This is painful. Go Skins and Hail!

This is the 12th man and that's all I know!

Archived