Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we hadn't started 3-0 (a.k.a the "Revert your expectations" thread)

Mr. Nostril

If this team hadn't started 3-0 we would be thrilled that our team has a good chance of finishing out 8-8. We would be thrilled at the fact that our team kept up with one of the top 5 teams in the leage(I put Indianapolis, Denver, Cincinatti, and Seattle ahead of them.). We would be looking forward to next season. And we would be thrilled with how much Gibbs has improved this team.

However, we get off to a lucky(We were two fluke long bombs, and a missed field goal from being 1-2) 3-0 start, and suddenly, our expectations were that we'd go 16-0 and win the super bowl.

If this team improves as much next year as we did this year, we'll be a team that has the capability of going very deep into the playoffs. Don't look at the fact that our record won't be much better. Look at our offensive improvement, and the fact that we played a very tough schedule. Also, look at the fact that if we run the table(something I consider not impossible, but very unlikely) we can still make the playoffs. Finally, look at the fact that we have a young, promising quarterback learning on the bench, and next year, we will no longer have an old sack of **** at the position.

At this point, everyone should revert back to their expectation for the season, prior to us playing the bears, rather than after we played the Seahawks. When you do that, you will see, that this season was a success for the Washington Redskins.

This offseason, we get a pass rushing DE, sure up the OL, and get that rookie QB ready to play. Then the rest of the league will be forced to sit and watch as they pedal right past them.

I don't think the expectations were to lofty, even after 3-0.

We've lost 3 games in a row, 2 at home.

We lost in Tampa because we allowed a struggling Chris Simms to light us up.

We lost to a bad Raiders team at home.

We now lost to a good Chargers team that we led by 10 points in the 4th quarter.

I think fan frustration and disappointment over these losses is not only understandable but justified.

Nobody thought the Skins were a Super Bowl team at 3-0 but we had every reason to believe and even expect that come December, they'd be playing for a playoff spot.

This is a very deflating fade by the Skins.

They were 3-0 and they're offense hadn't started clicking yet! If you told me when they were 3-0 that Brunell was going to have 300+ yard and multi TD games at Denver and KC, I would have thought we'd been 5-0 and on our way to winning the division. That's the cruel irony is that the offense turned it around and it has gotten us nowhere.

One thing is for sure. The Redskins getting off to a 3-1 start in the first quarter season is absolutely meaningless. Norv, Spurrier, and now Gibbs have had promising starts that ended in failure.

What's stunning to me is how quickly this season has fallen apart. I thought they'd at least wait until Christmas to break my heart this year.

What's stunning to me is how quickly this season has fallen apart. I thought they'd at least wait until Christmas to break my heart this year.

Agreed...the wheels have fallen off.

We couldnt have asked for much more from the nfc east this week, and we still cant take any advantage of it.

If this team hadn't started 3-0 we would be thrilled that our team has a good chance of finishing out 8-8. We would be thrilled at the fact that our team kept up with one of the top 5 teams in the leage(I put Indianapolis, Denver, Cincinatti, and Seattle ahead of them.). We would be looking forward to next season. And we would be thrilled with how much Gibbs has improved this team.

However, we get off to a lucky(We were two fluke long bombs, and a missed field goal from being 1-2) 3-0 start, and suddenly, our expectations were that we'd go 16-0 and win the super bowl.

If this team improves as much next year as we did this year, we'll be a team that has the capability of going very deep into the playoffs. Don't look at the fact that our record won't be much better. Look at our offensive improvement, and the fact that we played a very tough schedule. Also, look at the fact that if we run the table(something I consider not impossible, but very unlikely) we can still make the playoffs. Finally, look at the fact that we have a young, promising quarterback learning on the bench, and next year, we will no longer have an old sack of **** at the position.

At this point, everyone should revert back to their expectation for the season, prior to us playing the bears, rather than after we played the Seahawks. When you do that, you will see, that this season was a success for the Washington Redskins.

This offseason, we get a pass rushing DE, sure up the OL, and get that rookie QB ready to play. Then the rest of the league will be forced to sit and watch as they pedal right past them.

I think that is a pretty smart post.

I'll go one further.

Week 1) Rookie QB in first ever game throws INT in end zone

Week 2) Two Hail Marys against a team that had figuratively taken the pads off

Week 3) Field goal try hits the up right.

This redskins team is very close to rooting for the Texas to win 3 games this year so reggie bush would be wearing burgandy and gold next season.

This is a 2-14 team, hiding at the bottom of the middle of the pack.

I think that is a pretty smart post.

I'll go one further.

Week 1) Rookie QB in first ever game throws INT in end zone

Week 2) Two Hail Marys against a team that had figuratively taken the pads off

Week 3) Field goal try hits the up right.

This redskins team is very close to rooting for the Texas to win 3 games this year so reggie bush would be wearing burgandy and gold next season.

This is a 2-14 team, hiding at the bottom of the middle of the pack.

They have more than made up for their early season luck by losing games the should have won. Take the last 3 for example. They are similar to the Cowboys in that they choke in close games. But even these losses pale in comparison to what the Cowboys suffered against the Redskins.

14-13, nothing figurative about that

They have more than made up for their early season luck by losing games the should have won. Take the last 3 for example. They are similar to the Cowboys in that they choke in close games. But even these losses pale in comparison to what the Cowboys suffered against the Redskins.

14-13, nothing figurative about that

I agree with this. Although someone else apparently read my thread and decided we deserve to be a 2-9 this year. I say, we deserve to be 5-6. We beat the Cowboys and the Seahawks, and we shouldn't have. We lost to the broncos and buccaneers and we souldn't have.

Also, we had a very good shot of beating everyone except the Giants. We're probably better than most teams that are 5-6 after 11 games. I just think that are expectations got too sky high after the 3-0 start.

I don't think the expectations were to lofty, even after 3-0.

We've lost 3 games in a row, 2 at home.

We lost in Tampa because we allowed a struggling Chris Simms to light us up.

We lost to a bad Raiders team at home.

We now lost to a good Chargers team that we led by 10 points in the 4th quarter.

I think fan frustration and disappointment over these losses is not only understandable but justified.

Nobody thought the Skins were a Super Bowl team at 3-0 but we had every reason to believe and even expect that come December, they'd be playing for a playoff spot.

This is a very deflating fade by the Skins.

Chris Simms is struggling?

Archived