Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Good, Bad, Ugly & the Bright Side

sircharlz

The Good:

The defense was able to get pressure on the QB, which we haven't seen for weeks. They did a decent job of containing and they actually held their end of the deal today. Keeping SD to 17 points is pretty good.

Antonio Brown held onto the ball.

Marcus Washington is still a beast.

The Bad:

Carlos Rogers looks lost to often. He's got skills, but gives too big of cusion at the wrong times.

Calling a pass play with 30 seconds left in regulation. If we would have run the ball we could have run down the clock and then tried the field goal. SD wouldn't have had a chance to win it in regulation. Mute point now.

The Ugly:

Mark Brunell's stupid mistakes on 3 consecutive drives at the end of the game. The 20yd overthrown ball and 2 passes short of the marker. Way to get us on a roll - lose 3 in a row and 2 at home.

Once again, football in December is going to be meaningless. Oh, I always hold out hope and figure out the scenarios for us to still make it, but right after this loss it's hard to believe.

The Bright Side:

We only have to endore a few more games with MB at the healm. We may even get to see our future QB at this year! I always support whoever starts, but enough is enough now. I like Mark, but for goodness sakes, his record as our starter is pathetic.

Looking at some other teams QB situation, if we trade Ramsey we could probably get a very good deal. I like Ramsey, but we've jerked him around so much it's not right.

Thanks for letting me rant - this is far more safe than beating the dog.

We do not make holes consistently for the run, R.R. can't catch, penalties, no pass rush without blitzing, WR's out and new, turnovers, D-breakdowns for big runs. The coaches put us in a position to win all games but one and each time the team blew up or did not have the rush to stop the other team. A few more players a little luck a few good officials and we will be back. We are better than last year and this is progress.

The way i see it in order to make the playoffs we need to sweep our last 5 games and go 10 - 6. Dallas needs to lose to us and 1 other and that will put them at 10 - 6. With the sweep of Dallas we got the wild card over them.we need the Giants to drop 2 besides us to win the division.If the Giants lose to Seattle they go to 7 - 4. If we beat them and they drop 2 others they go 9 - 7.If we split the Giants I think they get the division depending on the Cowgirls game next week. Can it happen yes. Will it happen? Im not holding my breath on it.

Yeah I'm not even worrying about playoffs now I just want to see Jason Campbell.

As far as Rogers I thought he had a heck of a game and looked way better than Disney. I was very glad to see he took over as a starter pretty much.

Another good thing was I thought Phillip Daniels had a pretty good game. He had a sack and a couple pressures....kinda rare. Maybe we changed something around or he just went up against a crappy tackle. But he had a good game.

What?????

we needed more yardage for the FG attempt???...

it was a 53 yarder, and if it was from 51 hall would have made it, because it hooked right the last two yards. You are telling me CP or even MB couldnt have somehow gotten us 2 yards on a run instead of just kinda rolling out and throwing the ball away? Sure Mark, you saved us from a turnover, but you left 36 freakin seconds on the board. You could have tucked it in and ran for two yards for christs sake.

Good:

Rogers is coming around. Was getting beat a bit early but came out strong at the end. Looks like he's earned his starting job.

O-Line did a great job pass protecting. Brunell sacked just once I believe.

D did a great job early on pressuring. Should have kept blitzing.

Bad:

Still not utilizing Portis the right way.

Walt Harris, Casey Rabach, and Robert Royal.

Ugly:

Late game playcalling.

Punting.

The way i see it in order to make the playoffs we need to sweep our last 5 games and go 10 - 6. Dallas needs to lose to us and 1 other and that will put them at 10 - 6. With the sweep of Dallas we got the wild card over them.we need the Giants to drop 2 besides us to win the division.If the Giants lose to Seattle they go to 7 - 4. If we beat them and they drop 2 others they go 9 - 7.If we split the Giants I think they get the division depending on the Cowgirls game next week. Can it happen yes. Will it happen? Im not holding my breath on it.[/quote

To many Ifs. Skins are good enough to win a game, but not great enough to finnish a game. Teams know this. Just be down by 3 or 7 points going into the 4th quarter and punch us In the nose. Thats ugly. A good side? I don't see one. Bright side? Don't see one. This Is so sad.

Archived