Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Casey Rabach MERGED

ChampSkinsFanatic

Again, we found a way to lose a 4th quarter lead. This offense just doesn't have a clue how to win a ball game in the 4th quarter. I don't want to hear anyone praising Brunell anymore. He is a loser, who has lost five out of six games. Royal has no business being a starter. Rabach had to pull the worst penalty out of his rear end at the worst time. Portis again fails to gain any significant yardage in the 4th quarter. Did anyone else feel the conservative nature of Joe Gibbs has finally caught up to him??

I predicted the Chargers would win this game last week after the Raiders game, check my post if you think I am BS'n. I know Joe Gibbs, and I know he doesn't understand you can sit on a lead anymore. The teams in the NFL are just too good to do that anymore. Portis Portis, failed pass. How does he not know the other coaches see this, week after week after week. I said we should of started Campbell this week, what did we have to lose?

This was a must win, with Dallas losing, Tampa Bay losing, and a couple other NFC losses which would have really increased our chances. I really thought Joe Gibbs would have instilled a sense of urgency, and meaning to each and every game. Losing even by a point is losing. Joe, please quit telling me in your confrences that these guys fight their guts out, because players that do,find a way to win. All they needed was one of the last three to still have a chance. Please start realizing that you must play the fourth quarter like you did in the first three.

I do know this, my hat is off to LT for not giving up, and playing his ass off for a win. Clinton Portis needs to look at this film, and see what a all pro running back can, and should do to win a game.

Why in the hell would Rabach tackle a guy in that situation? Granted if another team did that to the Skins, the refs wouldn't call it. But right there if the Skins don't gain another yard, at least its a 41 yd FG. I mean he didn't have to do that. Why in the hell would he tackle a guy who was literally out of the play?

i cant blame portis , how much does he weigh? he IS NOT john riggins we cant cram him up the gut between tackles blah blah every damn play , brunell has to take some blame and our o-line does not step up when we need it most in fact they hurt us in crucial situations bugel , gibbs , breaux and anyone else 65+ needs to step down , its all about the new school now and if you cant adjust your style with the changes of time then stop trying .....

Why in the hell would Rabach tackle a guy in that situation? Granted if another team did that to the Skins, the refs wouldn't call it. But right there if the Skins don't gain another yard, at least its a 41 yd FG. I mean he didn't have to do that. Why in the hell would he tackle a guy who was literally out of the play?

You had to bring the ref thing in it didnt you, you know what it makes you sound like? It was a BLANTANT hold, and 99.9% IMO would of called a hold on that.

Just stick to the facts and agree that Rabach held, took us out of FG posistion and was one of the contributers of why we lost the game.

Dont blame Gibbs, dont blame the playcalling, dont blame Brunell or Walt Harris or anybody else because if it wasnt for Rabach's stupid holding penalty, we would be 6-5 and in playoff contention right now. I mean, even if he just stood there, portis could have at least got a couple of yards. He knew damn well what was at stake and lost this game. Plain and simple. Halls 53 yd kick had the distance, it was just a little bit off, so now you know that if Rabach didnt hold, we would have won.

Dont blame Gibbs, dont blame the playcalling, dont blame Brunell or Walt Harris or anybody else because if it wasnt for Rabach's stupid holding penalty, we would be 6-5 and in playoff contention right now. I mean, even if he just stood there, portis could have at least got a couple of yards. He knew damn well what was at stake and lost this game. Plain and simple. Halls 53 yd kick had the distance, it was just a little bit off, so now you know that if Rabach didnt hold, we would have won.

In that situation, you never hold. That was ridiculous on Rabach's part.

just do me a favor and someone post the noncall holds on LT's OT run...

let's see...we get called for holding that pulls us out of FG range and yet LT and the Chargers are allowed to hold twice in one play on LT's TD..yeah that's not biased..

Yes we shoulda been more aggressive on offense..but yes the refs were one-sided in the 4th..

We deserve to lose as long as we believe that eventually the refs will call a few our way...

You had to bring the ref thing in it didnt you, you know what it makes you sound like? It was a BLANTANT hold, and 99.9% IMO would of called a hold on that.

Just stick to the facts and agree that Rabach held, took us out of FG posistion and was one of the contributers of why we lost the game.

Yeah I brought the ref thang in it because i don't feel all the penalties called that 4th quarter were justified. Take the Lavar 15 yd unsportmanlike for instance. OK! I see Cahrger players getting up talking after the play or even doing something extra yet they don't call anything. I just want consistency. And if you read my post I blamed Rabach and not the Refs. I'm just saying the Refs aren't consistent both ways. You have to feel in the Denver & Tampa gm we were shafted don'y you?

Dont blame the ref's. Wasnt their fault. Football is a game of men against men. Calls get called and you deal with them. The Skins shouldnt have put themselves in the psition they put themselves in. Alot of people f**cked up. Royal, Frost,Rabach,Gibbs. DL.

I want to be positive, I dont want to bash. We have glaring problems and they are not being dealt with. NO PASS RUSH. PUNTER SUCKS. BRUNELL and his one receiver eye. PORTIS not getting carries..

The list goes on... I'm just a fan and I have no right to question our coaching. I just want the skins to make my Holidays fun , put us in the playoffs and give me reason to cheer and have swagger over the rest of these teams that I truly believe we are better than..

My thought coming in to this year was that I know nothing about football. Benching Ramsey and seeing Brunells actions confirmed that. I am sitting back this year and will keep doing so until someone offers to pay me to do this for a living. Why? Because its easier for me to go with the flow and enjoy this team than think I have a clue and get pissed off because I believe i know better.

Harris did make that last pick. Too bad our offense did nothing with the interceptions we got.

I say cut Robert Royal, or NEVER, EVER throw to him again.

You would think after the first two drops, the message would have gotten through to not throw to him, but yet he drops more, he even dropped a wide open first down.

You can't blame Brunell: 17/27 for 194 yards - he completed 63% of his passes (not bad)

You can't blame Portis: 29 for 87 - that's 3 yards per carry (pretty average)

Rabach? Well, that penalty WAS the nail in the coffin. The Skins were killing themselves all day with penalties. Penalties are a direct result of poor coaching.

I have to blame Gibbs for this loss. For two weeks in a row, his extremely conservative playcalling has lost us two games. I don't mind playing close games as long as we win. We absolutely need to go for the jugular in the 4th quarter and we're just not getting it done. We had NO turnovers and we actually had a pass rush and STILL couldn't win. Williams' defense reminds me of pipe that sprung a leak: you fix the leak over here...only the spring a leak over there. What I'm saying is one week we're getting lit up in the air...the following week we're getting the ball ran down are throats.

We are just not consistent enough to win the division or go to the playoffs. We have to win 4 out of 5 just to have a winning season. 3 out of 5 just the be .500 It's quite possible (but highly unlikely) that we don't win another game.

Archived