Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A nice compliment to Shawn Springs!

dcsmooth

Mr. Champ Bailey would certainly be nice to have once again at the Corner Back position. But, enough of that.

Walt Harris and Ryan Clark:doh:, I don't know what you guys are doing but you're killing us... you're killing us! Please don't let the receivers get behind you and, it'll be nice if either one of you decide to pick off a ball or two. I look forward to seeing that! Now, have an AWESOME game!!!

last time i checked ryan clark is tied for the lead on our team with two int's and is doin a pretty good job at his position...it is walt harris alone getting toasted...and carlos rogers against the bucs but clark is a pretty good compliment alongside taylor and is probably on the lower end of our worries for the team

Okay people...true, Harris has gotten burned a couple times. But its not all his fault. QBs are getting all day to throw the ball because we've got no pass-rush. That makes an above-average but not great corner like Harris look mediocre. Last year, when we were generating pressure, he looked much better (albeit in the nickel slot). And if we start getting pressure this year, he will look much better, guaranteed.

And don't forget the Dallas game -- Harris played phenomenally, and was one of the main reasons we won.

i completely agree...i still dont think harris is even above average in the nfl though and i wish he wasnt our best choice for a starter opposite springs but he is.....but you are absolutely right if we could put some mud on the qb's jersey and give him a little pressure when we blitz our secondary would be just fine

last time i checked ryan clark is tied for the lead on our team with two int's and is doin a pretty good job at his position...it is walt harris alone getting toasted...and carlos rogers against the bucs but clark is a pretty good compliment alongside taylor and is probably on the lower end of our worries for the team

Well, I guess its necessary to school another rookie.

interceptions are not an indication of how well you can covers. They are an indication of a QB throwing foolishly or someone else batting a ball up in the air for you to pick off. But they don't ever tell anybody exactly what kind of coverage skills you have, or lack of skills. If Ryan Clark was a good cover guy, why are we getting beaten so often on these deep throws? If he is such a good tackler, where was he on all those long runs?

You have to get over being a homer.

any c/b will get burnt if the q/b has all day tp pass.. our d-line sucks... our blitzing scheme is getting old.. they are always line up to block the blitzer, and if theres no blitz.. our front four is goign against 6- 8 blockers... need to get nfl teams, to know us as not a blitzing team. that way, Offenses will get back to 5 blockers, giving our front four a better chance of pressuring.. LESS BLITZ!!!!!! right now, Everyone knows us for our blitz...... is that a good thing??? new d- packages?? less blitz.. more surprises????

it's not just Ryan Clark or Walt Harris or the D-line it's the Defense in general.all the way around.myself,i blame G.Williams because he's the one at the top of the D totem pole.he has failed to find the way to make our defense as successful as it was last year.save the 1000 excuses.he's in charge,he's to blame!it's not our offense this year so obviously Joe Gibbs must know what he's doing regarding adapting to it all.it's the D.the offense falters when the D forces us to be one dimensional.

Well, I guess its necessary to school another rookie.

interceptions are not an indication of how well you can covers. They are an indication of a QB throwing foolishly or someone else batting a ball up in the air for you to pick off. But they don't ever tell anybody exactly what kind of coverage skills you have, or lack of skills. If Ryan Clark was a good cover guy, why are we getting beaten so often on these deep throws? If he is such a good tackler, where was he on all those long runs?

You have to get over being a homer.

So the kid isn't Sean Taylor(B). What he is though, is the best safety in the league making the minimum. Oh yeah, and on those long runs he was getting eaten up by blockers because of Holdman, who instead of at least occupying a blocker got knocked out of his shoes so that the same FB could move up on Clark.

Okay people...true, Harris has gotten burned a couple times. But its not all his fault. QBs are getting all day to throw the ball because we've got no pass-rush. That makes an above-average but not great corner like Harris look mediocre. Last year, when we were generating pressure, he looked much better (albeit in the nickel slot). And if we start getting pressure this year, he will look much better, guaranteed.

And don't forget the Dallas game -- Harris played phenomenally, and was one of the main reasons we won.

Yea that is a good point.... :logo:

right. ryan clark is doing very well. walt harris... i guess you can blame getting burned on the pass rush (or lack of), but his bad tackling skills... i dont know..

Archived