OldTownFan

For being badass

For leading the team to victory tomorrow with a great game

For outdueling Tomlinson

For layin the smackdown on Rod Woodson

For layin the smackdown on Brian Mitchell last year

For speaking up

For Thursday get-ups, which make my week, and leave me waiting for the next one

and of course, as you said this summer over the radio, on a show talking about how your favorite part of a lady is her toes....

for...

PLAYA PIMPIN

In the WP he states why he might not have gotten the rock in the second half..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/25/AR2005112501039.html

If it were my team, I'd run all the plays for myself," Portis said. "But I'm not the offensive coordinator, and I probably put us in that situation by fumbling. I don't know if that was definitely the reason, but I put us in that situation."

The man is pure class!!!!

L. Tomlinson is the best runner, followed by S. Alexander, so not sure how C. Portis is even close to Tomlinson/Alexander. Don't get me wrong...I'm probably a little bitter today, but I don't think he stacks up to those two guys (look at all the fumbles Portis has...):mad:

Portis is all mouth... but rarely backs it up by taking the team on his shoulders and simply willing them to victory. Three weeks in the row he's had the chance to simply gain a first down and provide the team with a win..... and three times he's been stopped. Sure.... some of this can be attributed to the O-line... but a premier back often makes something out of nothing and breaks a big gain DESPITE poor execution from the O-line.

I think he's overated and isn't the back most people equate with a top back when they hear his name.

Sorry....I'd prefer a bigger back who gets to the hole and falls forward. Not a back who's already tripping and looking for a place to fall down before he hits the LOS. Face it, we would have done better finding a bigger back via the draft to play with Betts.

I know people love him and love his personality, I'd prefer it if he simply made plays on the field and won a game for us every now and then.

Portis is all mouth... but rarely backs it up by taking the team on his shoulders and simply willing them to victory. Three weeks in the row he's had the chance to simply gain a first down and provide the team with a win..... and three times he's been stopped. Sure.... some of this can be attributed to the O-line... but a premier back often makes something out of nothing and breaks a big gain DESPITE poor execution from the O-line.

I think he's overated and isn't the back most people equate with a top back when they hear his name.

Sorry....I'd prefer a bigger back who gets to the hole and falls forward. Not a back who's already tripping and looking for a place to fall down before he hits the LOS. Face it, we would have done better finding a bigger back via the draft to play with Betts.

I know people love him and love his personality, I'd prefer it if he simply made plays on the field and won a game for us every now and then.

Yeah right.

A bigger back?

How would Jamal Lewis or Stephen Davis do with this offensive line?

Oh wait I know, check out what Lewis has done with a Ravens offense that looks alot like ours last year. A bad Oline and no passing threat. Is Jamal anywhere near 1300 yards?

Didn't think so.

Clinton Portis is making the best out of a bad situation. I'd really love to see what any other back in the league would do with this underachieving line. I seriously doubt anyone would do much better than Clinton Portis.

Archived