Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox 360 how good is it?

Kansas_SkinsFan

as much as i would love to comment on this, first- this belongs in the tailgate, it'll be moved shortly.

secondly, the 360 is incredible. i dont own one myself, but being a lifeless teenager, i've done hours of research on it. it has very very good graphics. madden 06's graphics are mindboggling. however, i would not purchase madden 06 for the 360 (and it has nothing to do with the fact that ESPN NFL is better). simply put, madden next-gen has been a huge disappointment from what i heard, it has wonderful graphics, no doubt, but it lacks many features from the pre-next gen version of madden 06. i truly belive madden 07 will blow evreyone away, but i think madden next-gen just doesn't cut maddens standards.

also, 360 ranges from $300 and $400. hefty, but look into the one you purchase.

as for your ps2- the ps3 will be backwards compatible with ps2s library of games. also, the ps3's graphics are said to be much better then the 360, and the ps3 also has numerous promising titles, giving it an incredible library to work with. it will also use the blu-disc, which has about 7 times as much memory per game as the 360's games.

this is all just from what i've heard and read of course, i could be completely wrong. but by the sound of it, the ps3 will be the better bang for your buck.

I don't think this is the proper forum for this so it will probably be moved.

That said, I've heard that the graphics are awesome. I've heard some complaints about the controls. Another forum I belong to has a couple of guys that bought one already. They have a whole thread about it.

Also, buy it. I make the processor for it so you'll keep me employed. If you want to wait for the PS3 or new Nintendo, that's Ok. I make those processors too. :D

I own it. I bought Madden and Need for Speed Most Wanted. Madden is OK, the game is fun to play, the graphics are awesome. It has been stripped of many features, but I bought it so I will make the best of it. Need for Speed is awesome, and great to play online. Gonna take Madden online later and see what its about.

good luck finding one , but id try to play a friends or soemthing first , its a good system but im a bit dissapointed , madden is a joke , i cant begin to get started on it and the xbox live has been nothing but lag and disconnects so far , graphics on some game are awesome and i can see how it will be much better on 2nd waves of games , dotn look at tony hawk for graphics or really perfect dark for that matter but madden and call of duty and kink kong those are ones to check out graphic wise ,all in all i woulda been fine if they didnt make the 360 and stayed with the regular xbox , maybe it will get better tho with the online play and games like madden now need to not exist

I don't think you can judge the system by the opening lineup. From what I have heard the games seemed to have been rushed but the system itself is incredibly powerful. If you just wait a while I am sure great games (HALO 3) will come out. I will wait for the PS3 because aside from Halo no games on the last XBOX impressed me.

The 360 is awesome!

And the launch titles were hurried it seems, but still better than almost any other system launch.

Call of Duty 2 This game rocks!!! If they didn't make the online side of it so incomplete, this game would have easily gotten a 10. Online is still a lot of fun, even thou it's only 8 vs 8.

Kameo Another great launch title!! It's so much like Zelda, with a heavy influence from Lord of the Rings.

Madden It's fun to play, but you better bring your sense of humor, because you are going to laugh your head off on how stupid the computer players are.

I could literally make a comedy routine off of Madden.

The NBA game is most likely the best sports game created, it is amazing.

As for the backward compatiblity for XBOX that is BS, you only need a patch, the first one will let you play up to 300 games, the other patch they are working on will let you play the rest. The problem was the graphics card was so advanced it didn't render the other games that well.

I did a write up on both systems a few months ago.

The graphics are great especially if you have HDTV, the Xbox360 has the advantage for now of being the only next gen console out and should increase their base significantly until March 06 when the PS3 looms on the horizon.

It is said to be easily twice as powerful as the Xbox360 and 7 player with wireless controllers can play simultaneously and they allow for co op to be on separate tvs.

Blu Ray is going to be a challenge for DVD technology but it wont be the Beta vs VHS this time or how firewire was dissed and people were listening to USB being the best spin a few years back

Blu Ray is going to be a challenge for DVD technology but it wont be the Beta vs VHS this time or how firewire was dissed and people were listening to USB being the best spin a few years back

Blu Ry will never challenge DVD. You are nuts if you think most people will replace their DVD player. At best Blu Ray will be the next laserdisc, that is , if they agree on a sandard with HD DVD. The days of people purchasing content on media are coming to an end, the replacement to the DVD will be video on demand.

I did a write up on both systems a few months ago.

The graphics are great especially if you have HDTV, the Xbox360 has the advantage for now of being the only next gen console out and should increase their base significantly until March 06 when the PS3 looms on the horizon.

It is said to be easily twice as powerful as the Xbox360 and 7 player with wireless controllers can play simultaneously and they allow for co op to be on separate tvs.

The Xbox360 is stronger than the High End PC's out on the market right now.

So how exactly is Sony going to double that power?

If they can double it, that would be great.

But it seems very hard to believe at this time.

I love my 360 and all the CPU integration via windows media player and the extender. They did it real big with this. Just as MS changed the Internet gaming business with live and the original x-box, the media integration will replicate those efforts with the 360.

Can you expand on this? This was one of the things that interested me in the xbox 360. What can it do over the original xbox (which wasn't much).

Can you expand on this? This was one of the things that interested me in the xbox 360. What can it do over the original xbox (which wasn't much).

You have so much more control over this system than any other system ever made in history.

You have 4 pages you can flip back and forth on, by just tapping the directional pad.

The first page is Xbox Live. Here you can see and interact with your friends list, and goto the xbox market place to download movie + game previews, games, download content for games, pictures, and whatever else they offer.

The Second page is Games. This is were your downloaded stuff is stored, and where you can find games that are stored on your HD.

The Third page is Media. Here you can hook up your 360 to a computer to download music, pictures and videos. And you can probably upload.

The last page is a systems page. Basicly this is like popping open your xbox trey where you can find your family settings, memory, console settings, network settings, etc.

So I can just connect to my desktop and play the music files through the 360? Does it need to be the special version of Windows XP (Media Center)?

I'm not sure, because I just play my sterio.

But it will for sure work with any windows xp program.

The 360 has a USB 2.0 port, actually 2 of them.

Just hook it up, and goto the Media page and click music. From there they'll give you the option to download songs off of your PC, or anything else that takes USB2.0 ports.

Archived