Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ex-Redskin Jailed

Mickalino

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/13256737.htm

Chiefs player jailed on alleged domestic abuse

DL Dalton being held pending charges after grabbing estranged wife by hair

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Kansas City Chiefs defensive lineman Lional Dalton was jailed Friday after an alleged fight with his estranged wife.

Dalton, 30, was being held pending formal charges after he allegedly grabbed his estranged wife by the hair and pulled her down, said Johnson County District Attorney Paul Morrison.

Morrison said the woman was visiting from Florida for the Thanksgiving holiday when the incident was reported.

Dalton, who signed a two-year contract as a free agent with the Chiefs last year, was arrested at his Stilwell home about 1:40 a.m., according to Johnson County jail records. His first court appearance was scheduled for Monday.

The Chiefs, who could not be reached for comment, play the Super Bowl champions New England Patriots on Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium.

Lional Dalton, 30, is accused of grabbing his estranged wife by the hair and pulling her down, said Johnson County District Attorney Paul Morrison. He was released from jail on a $2,500 bond. Dalton is barred from contacting his estranged wife for 72 hours. He’s scheduled in court next week.

The charge Dalton is facing is a class B misdemeanor. He faces up to six month in prison and a $1,000 fine if convicted.

Dalton’s attorney, Kevin E.J. Regan, said his client plans to plead not guilty. Regan declined comment on the facts of the case. He said he would investigate the matter with “due diligence” and handle it in the appropriate manner.

Dalton’s estranged wife was in town from Florida for the holiday when the incident was reported, Morrison said.

Dalton, who signed a two-year contract as a free agent with the Chiefs last year, was arrested at his Stilwell residence about 1:40 a.m. today, according to Johnson County jail records

Dalton played like crap here. That 2003 defensive line to me was one of the worst I have EVER seen for the Redskins and I am talking about reviewing in my mind all the teams since 1971-72.

it appears now that he has anger management problems as well as a fat belly.

just more for Lional to work on, I suppose.

yeh, that 2003 line was pretty horrible. We had Bruce Smith as our main player. Jermaine Haley, Bernard Holsey, Lionel Dalton, Wynn, Upshaw, wow, what a line of crap. What sucks even more is we gave up draft picks for Dalton and Haley I believe.

Archived