Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Original Hogs Should Be Inducted Into The Hall-Of-Fame as a unit!

melonhead1959

well, I don't think George Starke and Fred Dean are on the radar screen for the HOF, however, for a line that TWICE helped a running back set the Super Bowl rushing record you would think at least ONE of these players would be voted in? :mad:

how can an all-decade player like Russ Grimm not make the Hall of Fame meanwhile they put James Lofton in?

are these guys totally mad?

OK, it's time for the old, "If you were starting a team, would you want..." question.

Monk or Lofton? :rolleyes:

And on topic: Sadly, I think the only Hogs that have a real shot at the hall are Jacoby and Grimm. Although I'd fully support a ballot initiative that would induct all five...six, if you count unofficial Hog Donnie Warren.

Wasn't the Rams defensive line...the Fearsome Foursome...inducted into the HOF as a unit?

Well, the original Hogs, Jacoby, Grimm, Bostic, May, and Starke should be inducted into the HOF as well.

They have won more championships!

Think about it....

:logo:

Nope.

Only 2 have been enshrined.

Deacon Jones 1980

Merlin Olsen 1982

Lamar Lundy and Rosey Grier are not in the Hall.

I think Grimm well get in eventually, but right now other than him, there is no momentum whatsoever for Jacoby let alone anyone else on the line.

to look at this realistically, you have 3 players on the OL that played in each of the Super Bowls, Grimm, Jacoby and Bostic. Bostic made one pro bowl in 1983. I don't expect to see him join the ranks of Mike Webster and Jim Otto as a center in the HOF.

Grimm, however, should be in with the combination of pro bowls, big game performances and consistency over the years.

Archived