Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ticket Holders: Our team needs you!

skinfaninny

As you may have guessed from my userid, I don't live near DC. I don't really have the option of attending home games. I know someone that has season tickets for the Skins and attends every game. He told me something the other day that I found shocking.

Apparently he (and his brother) likes to stand up and cheer and yell during the games. That's what people are supposed to do, I thought. You know, give our team a real homefield advantage. Up until this year, he was always told to sit down and shut up by the people around him. They even had the ushers tell them to sit down and shut up.

This season, the people around him were getting into the games a bit more, and didn't mind him standing and yelling. They even joined him. Except for the Oakland game. It seems that they didn't feel the need to be the 12th man last Sunday. And look what it cost us. It's almost like neither the players or the fans could find the energy to beat the Raiders.

NFL players thrive on hearing their fan base scream and yell for them. They always play better at home when their fans are cheering them on. They feed on it. Now we have a HUGE game coming up this week against one of the better teams in the league, and this is what we need:

We need every Skins fan that attends the game to scream their friggin heads off every time the Chargers offense is on the field. We need to make it so that Brees can't even hear himself yell the snap count. We need to cheer every play that goes well for the Skins. We need to be the loudest and best 12th man in the league. I know we can do it. The team needs your help. Please, I want to hear the cheers all the way up here in NY.

I did notice On TV it didn't seem as loud last week.

It wasn't very loud at all...... and I expect it to be even less of a factor this week because a) it's Thanksgiving weekend, B) Skins are coming off 2 straight losses and most people think they are done, and c) a lot of people don't think we have a chance in hell to win this game, and d) it's cold.

Attendance should be similar to the Vikings game last January, but I hope I'm 100% wrong

I've been in the bottom and noesbleed sections, where its loud as anything normally. But I've also been in the club level seats, maybe your friend sits there. Those "Rich" folks are all uptight and don't like yelling and such. I'm glad most choose to sit inside on their nice warm little armchairs and watch it on a monitor.:D

As you may have guessed from my userid, I don't live near DC. I don't really have the option of attending home games. I know someone that has season tickets for the Skins and attends every game. He told me something the other day that I found shocking.

I live in NJ and go to about six games per year. I'm taking the kids out of school on Monday so we can get to the game and avoid holiday traffic coming back. I know you live a little farther out, but you can get to two games per year, can't you? We need all the loyal Skins fans we can get because there are a lot of fickle fans who sell their FedEx seats to the highest bidder on ebay and that usually means FedEx has a big opposing-team fan base. Get out to FedEx.

Just like I was saying:

"Thank you for all the support you've given us," Blache said in his closing remarks during our interactive fan chat. "We're going to need you to be as loud as you can on Sunday. This offense and running back is one of the best we've seen all season. We're going to need everyone home screaming and shouting and being that 12th man for us! Love us, stay with us, and we're going to make you proud."

I was still loud through most of the game - but sitting in row 409 it was quieter than previous games. I think it is b/c some of the fans are getting disgusted and saw that game just slip away. I include myself in this statement:

We love our team put are really getting tired of our beloved Redskins pissing this season away w/ turnovers, bad decisions and losing games there is no excuse for losing.

I'll continue to go to the games and cheer. No question. However, I'd like to see butterfingers and some of these other guys get a little madder and take this stuff personally. Did anyone see Halter after that last game? I thought his head was going to explode. I'd like to see a little of that out of the coaches and the players.

It was definitely not as loud for the Oakland game. And that surprises me. I was in Row 9 of 454, 3rd down, Oakland ball, 4th quarter. I turn around, and the entire area from Row 9 to Row 19 -- not one person was yelling. Not one. I'm talking from aisle to aisle, ten rows, not one person yelling. It made me sick.

This game will be much worse. Nobody is interested in attending this game.

What? It wasn't loud vs. Oakland? But, we had a "12th Man" flag; a great, loving gift to us fans.

Seriously, I think that flag is kind of lame and I wish Chris Paul would just go away. My goal now is to not get to the stadium until after he does his schtick.

"I think I'm just going to sit here and not make noise. What? A flag says I should be loud? Chris Paul says I should be loud? Well, okay. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Who is Chris Paul, anyways? AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! GO DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Archived