Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Funky 4

Yorigos12

Okay, I'm a lifetime Skins fan and have been going to almost every home game since I was 6...and will always be partial to RFK. I love the band as a whole, but do not enjoy the "Funky 4."

They are OKAY when we are winning, or at least have momentum building in the game. But, when we are losing, or have just turned the ball over (like last week against the Raiders), I LOATHE the celebration of 4 guys dancing in the end zone.

It should be re-considered and maybe replaced with something that is less for humor and more for increasing the intensity in the stands...and ONLY used when we are ahead or in a good situation; where the team needs the fans help.

:eaglesuck

Question: Did they happen to drag the Funky 4 out in those games in recent years where the Skins were getting shelled (I'm thinking the 34-0 Dallas game, and some of the Philly games)?

I agree that the 4 are getting old but I can't see them going away soon. They've made it worse by adding that stupid intro commercial, and against the Raiders the 4 barely got onto the field before they had to stop. :doh:

Funky 4? No problems with them...However I do have problems with some drunk ass in my section trying to start the wave after the Raiders kicked the field goal to lead the game...I hate the friggin wave.

You HAD to bring up "The Wave!" Don't get me started about that damn "Wave! " I loathe "The Wave." Nothing says "I have no interest in this game whatsoever" than "The Wave!"

You HAD to bring up "The Wave!" Don't get me started about that damn "Wave! " I loathe "The Wave." Nothing says "I have no interest in this game whatsoever" than "The Wave!"

You don't like the wave because you don't understand it, it's history, or what it represents. I spent 3 years in northern North Dakota in the Wave Hall Of Fame, saluting the 73 greatest wave inspirers of all time. Wally the Wavemaster, ever heard of him? He singlehandedly got the whole Rose Bowl to do the wave. Benny "High Hands" Trembleton, it's been reported that you could pick his raised hands out across the field.

If you learn the history, you will then not only enjoy it, but may also strive to perfection that these winners of waving have achieved.

:D :laugh:

It might have something to do with your age. As old as you are you probably can't participate therefore you don't like it. :D

Yeah, the wave is the most retarded thing ever. If you're at the game doing the wave you probably should have gone to an amusement park instead that day.

You don't like the wave because you don't understand it, it's history, or what it represents. I spent 3 years in northern North Dakota in the Wave Hall Of Fame, saluting the 73 greatest wave inspirers of all time. Wally the Wavemaster, ever heard of him? He singlehandedly got the whole Rose Bowl to do the wave. Benny "High Hands" Trembleton, it's been reported that you could pick his raised hands out across the field.

If you learn the history, you will then not only enjoy it, but may also strive to perfection that these winners of waving have achieved.

:D :laugh:

:laugh:

Benny "High Hands" Trembleton. The best of the 73. And the only native of North Dakota, home of the Wave HOF.

maybe it was just the people around me last week, but when the funky 4 came out NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, paid attention to them...

I'm not completely sure about this, but I also think they brought them out during a critical review because I seem to remember watching the scoreboard and not them..... timing was horrible.

The wave is worse. Any fan who starts the wave when the Skins are down, should have their tickets revolked and their dedication examined.

that was a funny response, and I'm sure you kidding right?

The Funky 4 suck, bad. I mean, I can't dance, I but I can do what they are doing? And don't tell me it takes a special talent to do it on the field? The Funky Four are absolutly horrible ... soooo bad! ha ha ha ha.

Archived