Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shawne Merriman highlights of 2005: Man is Beast

The Full Monty

http://rapidshare.de/files/8079312/merriman.wmv.html

Follow the link above and wait for download.

For old fans of his Maryland days, football enthusiasts, and those who wanna know what the Skins will be facing, "BestInWest" from the San Diego Union Tribune Chargers forum made a highlight vid ---those are so in vogue these days.... :D

Merriman, as an OLB in the 3-4, has played a great season so far and the vid shows it. The man has 7 sacks as part of San Diego's 33 total sacks ---and he didn't even play the first game against Dallas and was used sparingly the next 2 or 3 games. As a contrast, our entire defense has only 15 sacks....

What do you think? Any pattern we all see from the highlights with regards to how they use him?

yeah what a beast. a beast who's unblocked most of the time. cover skills = 0. impressive. :doh:

You must be blind. I've rewatched the vid a couple times now and I seem him COMPLETELY OWNING both Right Tackles and Left Tackles. His speed off the edge is incredibe and he has the power to bull rush and fight through blocks.

I don't care what team he plays for, having 7 sacks and being among the team leaders in tackles midway through your rookie season without even playing in the first few games is absolutely impressive.

My goodness, if a player is so-so in coverage but has 7 sacks to show for it, isn't impressive I'd hate to know how you apply that standard to the Redskins, it's not like our LB's aren't having their own problems in both departments.... :laugh:

Oh, and Holdman does suck.

Well he seems to be a good player already so maybe we could've used him as a defensive end or a rusher in passing situations, but we certainly couldn't have plugged him in at starter at either OLB, perhaps next year if we'd unload Arrington.

You must be blind. I've rewatched the vid a couple times now and I seem him COMPLETELY OWNING both Right Tackles and Left Tackles. His speed off the edge is incredibe and he has the power to bull rush and fight through blocks.

I don't care what team he plays for, having 7 sacks and being among the team leaders in tackles midway through your rookie season without even playing in the first few games is absolutely impressive.

My goodness, if a player is so-so in coverage but has 7 sacks to show for it, isn't impressive I'd hate to know how you apply that standard to the Redskins, it's not like our LB's aren't having their own problems in both departments.... :laugh:

Oh, and Holdman does suck.

He was unblocked most of the time. Thats a fact. Its easy to get sacks when nobody blocks you (dont you agree? :rolleyes: ). He's 6th in total tackles (ahead of their nosetackle & backup ilb). Why do you say he didnt play the first few games? He was inactive in week 1, thats right but after week 1 he was active every week and had 1-2 tackles/game. Oh and Holdman DOES NOT suck. He's one of the best backup olb's in the NFL...

He was unblocked most of the time. Thats a fact. Its easy to get sacks when nobody blocks you (dont you agree? :rolleyes: ). He's 6th in total tackles (ahead of their nosetackle & backup ilb). Why do you say he didnt play the first few games? He was inactive in week 1, thats right but after week 1 he was active every week and had 1-2 tackles/game. Oh and Holdman DOES NOT suck. He's one of the best backup olb's in the NFL...

Nobody knew about sean taylor last year and now see they have to watch out for him and hes stats are now down a bit(of course the miami car jacking shooting is a distraction along with his injured ankle.)

Lets see Merrimans second year before we yell and scream...OMFG WE SHOULD OF GOTTEN HIM...:D

He was unblocked most of the time. Thats a fact. Its easy to get sacks when nobody blocks you (dont you agree?).

Sure if you're not blocked like in the opening shots but over half of those hits or sacks come against blockers. Maybe you're blind. It's ok my fellow Skins fan. Anyone with working eyes can look at these approximate times on the video file that show Merriman either running around or bulling through an offensive tackle or in some cases a blocking tight end.

:26

:54

1:24

1:46

1:53

2:13

2:44

2:51

3:01

He's 6th in total tackles (ahead of their nosetackle & backup ilb). Why do you say he didnt play the first few games? He was inactive in week 1, thats right but after week 1 he was active every week and had 1-2 tackles/game.

Yeah he was inactive week 1 and was played sparingly the next few games.

Oh and Holdman DOES NOT suck. He's one of the best backup olb's in the NFL...

Holdman sucks and he is currently the property of the NY Giants and the AFC West teams that we've played.

Lets see Merrimans second year before we yell and scream...OMFG WE SHOULD OF GOTTEN HIM...

Given the need for CB I still would've taken Rogers. The OMFG draft pick of 2005 was Chris Canty being availabe in the 4th round and us drafting an h-back who didn't make the team.

I wanted Merriman as an edge rusher and all around freak... I wish we had our hands on him.

He hasn't even started until recently and missed a lot of camp. I don't care how many LBs we have on this team, Merriman can play DE too which would make him invaluable to this team.

It's early, but Merriman has made a huge impact on San Diego and Rogers hasn't done much for us yet.

Sure if you're not blocked like in the opening shots but over half of those hits or sacks come against blockers. Maybe you're blind. It's ok my fellow Skins fan. Anyone with working eyes can look at these approximate times on the video file that show Merriman either running around or bulling through an offensive tackle or in some cases a blocking tight end.

:26

:54

1:24

1:46

1:53

2:13

2:44

2:51

3:01

Yeah he was inactive week 1 and was played sparingly the next few games.

Holdman sucks and he is currently the property of the NY Giants and the AFC West teams that we've played.

Given the need for CB I still would've taken Rogers. The OMFG draft pick of 2005 was Chris Canty being availabe in the 4th round and us drafting an h-back who didn't make the team.

I really think you have absolutely no idea how Merriman did/does. The only thing you've seen about him is this great highlight video where he was unblocked numerous times or even got owned (by curtis martin). I mean how can you turn such miserable plays in to a good plays? because he made tackles after ****in up? Wow. impressive.

I really think you have absolutely no idea how Merriman did/does. The only thing you've seen about him is this great highlight video where he was unblocked numerous times or even got owned (by curtis martin).

No you're wrong I've watched quite a bit of him, actually, on a little thing called NFL SUNDAY TICKET. (I've got Drew Brees as my fantasy QB and I like watching LT play).

I mean how can you turn such miserable plays in to a good plays? because he made tackles after ****in up? Wow. impressive.

Yeah I know you're right-- me and the the others who think Merriman's done an impressive job thus far and is a stud and should be considered for Def Rook of the Year --- we're all just dead wrong.

I know there's some Charger fans who've been coming through here. But I doubt you'd give a damn.

I really think you have absolutely no idea how Merriman did/does. The only thing you've seen about him is this great highlight video where he was unblocked numerous times or even got owned (by curtis martin). I mean how can you turn such miserable plays in to a good plays? because he made tackles after ****in up? Wow. impressive.

Bro, is Willie Roaf a good player? Is the Chief's o-line one of the more solid in the entire league? You had to answer yes to both of those question. Watch the video and see him bull rush, as an OLB, both tackles to get to the quarterback, one of those tackles is pro-bowler Willie Roaf. Get out of here man. A few plays he goes un-blocked, but that's a minority, sometimes it just seems like he is unblocked because he gets off the ball so well. You can't deny this kid can play, and if you really insist on it, then realize that he has half as many sacks as your entire team, and if he sucks what would that then say about your team? I think your defense is great, I can't see why you think Merriman isn't impressive in his limited rookie duties.

Are you blind or are we watching a different clip? The guy is impressive and that sack against the cheifs was amazing, you don't often see LBs pushing offensive lineman back 5 yards to sack the QB.

Archived