Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Would you support a "family" section at Fed Ex?

Painkiller

This idea was brought up in another thread, and I kind of like the idea. This way the drunk buffoons, who are into the game from start to finish (me :D ) can be seperated from those who just want to watch in peace and quiet.

When you buy your season tickets you have the option of purchasing them in a "Family" section. Let's say, that both the upper and lower levels have family sections. Maybe one every three sections or so. Seperate sections keeps the families, older fans, and the more subdued fans happy, and keeps the drunken fools happy. ( me :D )

Hey Dan, you reading this?

It is a great idea. With a family section children won't be forced to here the obscenities coming from many fans and people like me wouldn't feel obligated to yell in more politically correct manners.

Also it would be good because I have seen a # of very young children brought to the games who shouldn't be subjected to the loudness...bad for their hearing.

That wouldn't work. People would sell them on Ebay and there would be no way to control it.

What if the tickets had a disclaimer printed on them. Something to the effect of

"Your ticket places you in a "Family" section of the stadium. Any obnoxious behavior to include, cursing, beer/food throwing, nudity, excessive standing, or cheering is cause for expulsion from the stadium"

:laugh:

That wouldn't work. People would sell them on Ebay and there would be no way to control it.

I think I might have been the one to mention it in another thread. They have one in both Safeco Field (Seattle Mariners) & Qwest Field (Seahawks) here in Seattle.

It works great! The family sections at these two stadiums are nice. No drinking or swearing is allowed. Do it one to many times and they will help you out.

My wife and I do plan on having kids. I would have no problem taking my kids to a Mariner or Seahawks game because I know they can have a good time and that I don't have to worry about some drunk running his mouth and swearing.

I'm guilty of acting in a way that I don't think I'll act when my kids are going to the games with me. Not that I go crazy screaming FU and get in fights but I do drink more and show my anger more than if my kids were watching.

My initial reaction to the suggestion is that it's a good idea but it does seem like it would be difficult to implement considering that the stadium is already sold out.

What if the tickets had a disclaimer printed on them. Something to the effect of

"Your ticket places you in a "Family" section of the stadium. Any obnoxious behavior to include, cursing, beer/food throwing, nudity, excessive standing, or cheering is cause for expulsion from the stadium"

:laugh:

Where is the nudity??????? :whew:

So should they also put in special Family Ramps and Ecalators? Maybe a Family parking lot? Seating is only about 1/3 of the problem. If you're really that worried about your children being exposed to drunks and rude behavior, leave them at home.

And yes....I have kids....and yes I've taken them to games.

Archived