Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something rare for Portis

Skins24

Last week was the first time Portis followed a 100+ yard game with anything over 90 yards.

Last year his best two game stretch (yardage wise) came against Chicago and Green Bay when he had

241 rushing yards (171 and 70)

4.45 avg

0 TD

This year (so far) against Tampa and Oakland (144 and 92) he had

236 rushing yards

5.25 avg

1 TD

Look for him to continue this stretch :cheers:

People say portis is overrated and we should trade him. The fact is he isnt overrated and we should KEEP him. Look at his stats...4.5 yards per game when last year it was 3.8. I give you the averages first of all 4.5 is good and he is improved from last year, 2nd of all that means clinton portis is doing a great job adjusting to gibbs system along with gibbs fixing his system up and helping portis. Oh, by the way its possible he can break the Redskins single season rushing yards record.

^ and realize hes just getting better with time in our system, and hes only 24. I REALLY like the enrgy and heart he brings. He is also a hell of a blocker and pass catcher, no fricking way i want to get rid of him you guys are nuts

Exactly... 1300+ yards and 7 or 8 touchdowns each year along with his pass blocking and catching skills is worth the money were paying him in my book...well, almost:D .

Oh and by the way did i say he could break the redskins single season rushing record?

He's having a much better year even with the lack of TDs. Portis is a very good RB and an even better TEAMMATE which says a lot. More than his running it's been his receiving and blocking that have really impressed me this year.

I really wish we would let him catch a few more passes in the flat or on a screen. Let's get his speed in the open field.

People say portis is overrated and we should trade him. The fact is he isnt overrated and we should KEEP him. Look at his stats...4.5 yards per game when last year it was 3.8. I give you the averages first of all 4.5 is good and he is improved from last year, 2nd of all that means clinton portis is doing a great job adjusting to gibbs system along with gibbs fixing his system up and helping portis. Oh, by the way its possible he can break the Redskins single season rushing yards record.

Among the most glaring head-slapping "dohs" on here are the Portis slams. Is he doing what he did at Denver? No. And he's not only on a notably less effective o-line, he's been on a notably less effective team. It also matters having to adjust to a new and turbulent situation in all areas when coming from such an established and organized environment.

It's aslo should be no slam against him he was paid like he was for coming here, and he certainly has shown willingness to work as hard as possible for evey dollar on every play, and off the field, unlike some stars in this league. IMO, Portis has been our best single player, even with his fumbles, on an overall basis.

If you take out the Giants game where Portis had just 9 yards, he's on pace for a 1500 yard season.

Take his current season total, divide it by 9, times it by 15, then add 9.

It won't work out that way but I think Portis may have a shot at breaking Riggins's single season rushing record.

BTW what is that record?

Archived