Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your thoughts on Antonio Brown (Merged)

OriginalBroccoli

Great, every time he returns I'm gonna hold my breath.

Honestly the guy better shape up, because he is an average returner, even without turning over the ball. I doubt we'll see much of him lining up at wide unless theres another injury.

Well maybe this signing is telling us that Joe is about to give up on the conservative approach because, hey it wasn't helped. Antonio is probably one of the top 8 fastest guys in the league and at this stage of the game you need these type of players that can give you the big play. You just hope it will not burn you also.

LiveLongSkins,

I 100% agree with everything that you said. I to am excited to have Brown back...very excited. I have always believed that we have exceptional blocking on our return teams but no one to take advantage it. Brown is a natural return man and will take a couple of kicks to the house before the season is up...just wait and see.

The big challenge for him is going to be at the WR positon. I think that he is worth spending extra time on and giving extra reps to in order for him to be able to perform on game day, like he was able to perform in training camp. The bottom line is that he has too much natural talent not to be playing football.

Great, every time he returns I'm gonna hold my breath.

Honestly the guy better shape up, because he is an average returner, even without turning over the ball. I doubt we'll see much of him lining up at wide unless theres another injury.

Average? So who in your opinion did we have that was better than him at returning the football? Who in your opinion gave us a better chance at either taking it to the house or giving us great field position? He fumbled the ball once and suddenly we have to hold our breath every time he returns the ball. :doh:

Average? So who in your opinion did we have that was better than him at returning the football? Who in your opinion gave us a better chance at either taking it to the house or giving us great field position? He fumbled the ball once and suddenly we have to hold our breath every time he returns the ball. :doh:

Yes average, why else would Betts replace right after the fumble in the Bears game???

Betts by the way scored us a TD on ST.

In 4 games he's had 1 big punt return and 1 big kickoff return, with 2 very costly fumbles. That is very average production from a returner.

His punt return average is 4.5yds, edit- its about 7.3yds mis-calculated

He usually does not return kickoffs, but he had a very nice one last year against Minny for 66 yds.

Parson had a nice return last game, but I don't see people raving about him.

If Brown shows his speed at WR the defenses can't just assume that he will drop the ball. They will have to pay a little less attention to Moss. All he has to do is just catch one big one a game, and things will open up for Moss again. Brunell and AB seemed to be in synch during the pre-season. It wouldn't surprise me if it was Brunell who pushed for AB to come back.

AB may drop the ball; but at least he'll freakin get open!!! Taylor Jacobs needs to go on top of that trash heap of former Spurrier Receivers. He didn't come close to beating a 3rd rate DB. That was pretty lousy. So, while I'm leary of the fumbles I gotta be honest. Not like the vets have been doing much better. Still pissed at Portis.

In 4 games he's had 1 big punt return and 1 big kickoff return, with 2 very costly fumbles. That is very average production from a returner.

His punt return average is 4.5yds, edit- its about 7.3yds mis-calculated

He usually does not return kickoffs, but he had a very nice one last year against Minny for 66 yds.

Parson had a nice return last game, but I don't see people raving about him.

So then what you are saying is that Thrash and Betts are better at returning?

So then what you are saying is that Thrash and Betts are better at returning?
At kickoffs but not punts.

My only point is that AB is not that great of a returner to begin with and has given us, overall, average production, which was why we cut him in the first place. He's been given a second chance due to injuries. I'm skeptical and not happy with him back there, but he's got another chance. We'll see if he steps it up and proves me wrong.

I personally like Brown. I think he has shown some hints at greatness...but he has also shown a knack for making mistakes. I'm not sure we've seen the REAL Brown. In any case, he absolutely MUST hold on to the ball. If we can overcome our turnover problems...I think this team has what it takes to make the playoffs. That's what makes me a little nervous about this kid.

At kickoffs but not punts.

My only point is that AB is not that great of a returner to begin with and has given us, overall, average production, which was why we cut him in the first place. He's been given a second chance due to injuries. I'm skeptical and not happy with him back there, but he's got another chance. We'll see if he steps it up and proves me wrong.

Well, It's all a matter of opinion anyway and I of course respect yours. Personally I don't think that Brown was here long enough to be able to classify him as being a average return man. From the brief flashes that we got of him returning, I felt like he gave us the best chance at taking it all the way every time he touched the ball.

However, if being a bad WR were a crime...he would be doing life with no chance of parole. :) I'm hoping that they can coach this guy into being a half way decent WR so that he can put that 4.1 speed to good use.

My thoughts on Antonio Brown?

He's bottom of the barrel. He was cut once already for performance. The only reason he's coming back is because he has some knowledge of the playbook. That puts him above some of the other bottom of the barrel possibilities.

That being said, he has some physical skills. He's got good speed.

He has another chance to prove himself. That's all you can ask for in the NFL. Just ask Antonio Pierce

I'm hoping he makes the most of his second chance. :point2sky

I am not overly excited with Antonio Brown. He has had trouble catching the football even while he was in college. His straight line speed is very impressive, but he shows no real elusiveness, or ability to make the first guy miss.

As a Wr, straight line speed and quickness doesn't mean nearly as much as body positioning and catching the ball, two areas where Antonio Brown needs to vastly improve.

My thoughts on Antonio Brown?

He's bottom of the barrel. He was cut once already for performance. The only reason he's coming back is because he has some knowledge of the playbook. That puts him above some of the other bottom of the barrel possibilities.

That being said, he has some physical skills. He's got good speed.

He has another chance to prove himself. That's all you can ask for in the NFL. Just ask Antonio Pierce

I'm hoping he makes the most of his second chance. :point2sky

Thats not saying much about our coaching staff if they are willing to pick someone who is "bottom of the barrel" talent. BTW, 4.1 is not good speed...it is elite speed.

Well, It's all a matter of opinion anyway and I of course respect yours. Personally I don't think that Brown was here long enough to be able to classify him as being a average return man. From the brief flashes that we got of him returning, I felt like he gave us the best chance at taking it all the way every time he touched the ball.

However, if being a bad WR were a crime...he would be doing life with no chance of parole. :) I'm hoping that they can coach this guy into being a half way decent WR so that he can put that 4.1 speed to good use.

:laugh: :cheers:

Your probably right about him giving us the best chance of taking one to the house. Can't teach speed, 4.1 is lightning. As long as he holds on to the football, maybe shows some of those moves he had during training camp, he'll perform above my expectations.

I am not overly excited with Antonio Brown. He has had trouble catching the football even while he was in college. His straight line speed is very impressive, but he shows no real elusiveness, or ability to make the first guy miss.

As a Wr, straight line speed and quickness doesn't mean nearly as much as body positioning and catching the ball, two areas where Antonio Brown needs to vastly improve.

Huh? No elusiveness? No ability to make the first guy miss? You and I weren't watching the same guy last season, in training camp and the begining of this season. The coaches all made remarks about how elusive A.Brown was and how well he was doing in training camp. Unfortunately, he just had problems catching the ball come game time.

is anyone here aware that brown was at redskins park today....keep up with the news

I think I started this thread the day he was at redskins park so im not sure if the news was out there yet, but I have to say

I TOLD YOU SOOOOO!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA

HA HA HA HA HA

just kidding, I am glad that he's back, I really think he'll make up for the mistakes he made earlier

Archived