Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Posters should have accountability and patience

AUskins

I probably shouldn't make this public, but ... under the team's auspices, we've hired a Quality Control Coordinator (with attendant staff), who will operate behind the scenes and track exactly the kind of posts AUSkins is bemoaning here.

Posters will be granted a certain number (a number we are not going to announce) of unsupported, inflammatory posts, subject only to the censure of the board and any administrative action deemed necessary by the Moderators.

When and if they exceed said allotment, offending posters will be given a 10-day suspension, and a "last strike" warning via PM.

If, after reinstatement, they run afoul of this new directing and post again w/o adequate backup statistics, or at least a considered case, they will be subject to permanent banning.

Yes, we know it's harsh.

But we had to do something.

I probably shouldn't make this public, but ... under the team's auspices, we've hired a Quality Control Coordinator (with attendant staff), who will operate behind the scenes and track exactly the kind of posts AUSkins is bemoaning here.

Posters will be granted a certain number (a number we are not going to announce) of unsupported, inflammatory posts, subject only to the censure of the board and any administrative action deemed necessary by the Moderators.

When and if they exceed said allotment, offending posters will be given a 10-day suspension, and a "last strike" warning via PM.

If, after reinstatement, they run afoul of this new directing and post again w/o adequate backup statistics, or at least a considered case, they will be subject to permanent banning.

Yes, we know it's harsh.

oooh ohhh :excited: can I be one of the narcs :D

For example.

"Face it everyone. This guy is a definitely a bust and we never should have drafted him."

That may be opinion but its stated very matter of factly. It implies there is no room for a differing opinion or an opposing argument.

This is America and the Internet. You can argue anything, anytime, anywhere. Strap on a set will you. Don't like the thread? don't read it...

I believe there are 4 different types of fans that post.

1) The Bandwagon - No description needed. I think we all know who they are.

2) The Complainer - Always finds something to complain about. No mater how good the team is doing they are not happy.

3) The Tool – Don’t ever say anything negative about the team to this guy, no mater what the facts are. They refuse to listen to constructive criticism. They are nothing but a "Yes Man".

4) The Fan - Somebody who has opinions that they can support. And it doesn't mater if you agree with them or not, you still respect their opinion.

Yes, we know it's harsh.

Hey Om,

If we call a guy an "idiotic, douchebag nazi moron" or some such, BUT we add the little winking smiley-face after, does the smiley-face guy exempt the post?

;)

I don't have a problem with it. It's someone expressing their opinion. We're fans, that's what we do. I take it for whats it's worth and then move on.

Shuddup, I'm holding you accountable for that statement!!! No opinions allowed on Extremeskins forum, sorry! Well, it seems that way sometimes.

Yes, we know it's harsh.

You're joking, right?

It is so irritating you can come here and anyone can pull any comment from left field, out of their ***, whatever and post it here with no qualifier as if it is fact.

X player is 10X better than Y player.

Player Z is a bust.

I watched him in 2 games last year and I know he will never be good in the NFL.

I guarantee we will beat team X by 30 pts.

When 90% of this BS turns out to be false no one cares, no one calls them out on it. The poster of course never admits they were wrong.

Waaaa, Waaaa, Waaaa. Jesus. You know what I find to be irritating? You. Welcome to the internet, buddy. This is where any a-hole with half a brain can voice whatever lame ass opinion they happen to have at a given moment--e.g. you and me.

At this moment I'm thinking: "Shut your pie-hole"

Waaaa, Waaaa, Waaaa. Jesus. You know what I find to be irritating? You. Welcome to the internet, buddy. This is where any a-hole with half a brain can voice whatever lame ass opinion they happen to have at a given moment--e.g. you and me.

Not here. If you haven't learned that yet, I suggest you study up.

I'm thinking take your own advice. This is ES where just any a-hole with half a brain is going to be treated as such. We have standards here. If you're not willing to meet them, then maybe you're better off somewhere else.

Not here. If you haven't learned that yet, I suggest you study up.

Heh. Really? Cf. AUskins original post.

Touche, mon freir. I suggest YOU study up. I haven't been here long, but since I started visiting ES I've observed that, like most sites, this one is not immune to the a-holery of its posters--as, you may argue, my post proves.

So, hop on down from that high horse and join the rest of us, here in reality. :point2sky

If you want to succeed at ES.com, live by this motto: think first, post second. :)

Very true i-man. It's usually very difficult for most people to form new habits even when they want to, and it's extremely difficult when they have little or no desire to do so because they enjoy or still get sufficient pay-off from current behavior. When it comes to peer pressure tools, the Swarm Rules :D .

Touche, mon freir. I suggest YOU study up. I haven't been here long, but since I started visiting ES I've observed that, like most sites, this one is not immune to the a-holery of its posters--as, you may argue, my post proves.

So, hop on down from that high horse and join the rest of us, here in reality. :point2sky

Attitudes like that don't last long aroung here..........................

I'm thinking take your own advice. This is ES where just any a-hole with half a brain is going to be treated as such. We have standards here. If you're not willing to meet them, then maybe you're better off somewhere else.

Perhaps you missed my point: The standards of which you speak are those which I would like to see applied to AUskins original post--a post that, in essence, simply points out that people sometimes offer thoughtless, redundant, and/or trivial opinions/observations/etc.

Hence, I pointed out that message boards will, without fail, contain this brand of commentary. I appreciate your touting of ES' "standards," but with all due respect, in my view AUskins' post was just another post that violated these standards.

:munchout:

Yes, we know it's harsh.

Ok, I understand that you all want to censor blatantly racist/derogatory/etc. remarks; but "unsupported, inflammatory posts"? So you're going to have someone just decide on the qualifications for these type of posts? Sounds a little like the FCC determining what is or is not "decent." Nice to see that ES may be entering its own little communistic era of its evolution...

Ok, I understand that you all want to censor blatantly racist/derogatory/etc. remarks; but "unsupported, inflammatory posts"? So you're going to have someone just decide on the qualifications for these type of posts? Sounds a little like the FCC determining what is or is not "decent." Nice to see that ES may be entering its own little communistic era of its evolution...

ha ha..be careful now, that might be considered inflamat:paranoid: :paranoid: :paranoid:

Well. Hmm. When did you say that you arrived at ES.com? I believe you said it was relatively recently? Would you say that generally those who have limited experiences have a diminished capacity to compare within their experience as related to those who have had a much longer expereience with the same stimuli? If so, then you really aren't even qualified to make a comment that we are "entering a own communistic era." Even if that were true, notice the use of the subjunctive implying that something is not true, then do you think you would have had the ability to make repeated posts such as you've been making in this thread? If you need to be reminded, which from what you've written I would bet that you do, take a look at thinker's thread dealing with the constitutional rights that you are[n't] afforded as a member here.

If you weren't so green, then perhaps you'd have realized that ES.com has always held itself to a higher standard of discourse such that mindless babble has never been tolerated. That's been the M.O. of this site heretofore, and it will continue to be in the future. The size of the membership and the fact that so many people have willfully ignored the rules and the requests-to-think-before-speaking, have forced us into a place where we need to take more direct corrective action.

If individuals such as yourself find solace in calling this activity by another name, then so be it.

Archived