Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can The Skins "Run The Table"?

melonhead1959

I am a transplanted Washington, D.C. native now living in Shreveport, Louisiana(only about a three hour drive from those hated cowboys)

I know it has been a frustrating, up and down season and our team has struggled, but I believe we could land a wild card if we could win 4 of our remaining 6 games. I'm not willing to write off the Chargers game.

Anybody agree? Your thoughts are welcome.

Keep me in your thoughts down here in cowpattie land.

Skins fanatic since 1965,

melonhead1959:dallasuck

Yup

O plays like it did against Tampa, D like it did against Oakland (eh first half) and yeah we run the table

Its frustrating because everyone knows how damn close we are

minus the INTS we gave away against tampa

and the few big plays we gave up against oakland, including having a LB cover Jerry Porter on his Touchdown catch. That has to be fixed, put a safety of CB on him and let the LB play zone,and we will be fine.

we are damn close to being able to run the table.

Run the table? No, we cannot.

I really believe this team is devoid of a true standout leader. I think it used to be Lavar but after Arringtongate this year.....I don't think he's "the man" anymore.

I'm really disappointed in our guys and the coaching. We've had so many close ones. We just have not had the desire, execution or that certain something to put games away. Something is missing. I don't know what it is.....but something just is not right to come so close so many times and come away w/ a loss.

Best case scenario - we go 8 and 8.....which is a step up from 6 and 10 last year...but disappointing after a 5 and 3 start.

The only thing that we have going for us is that we have 2/3 division games at home. That could help! I hope that we win out! The players have to go out and accomplish this. At least we don't have nick sabin who is out there saying games don't matter. That is absolutely crazy.

Yup

O plays like it did against Tampa, D like it did against Oakland (eh first half) and yeah we run the table

Its frustrating because everyone knows how damn close we are

I don't see how anyone here can honestly think you have any respectable shot at beating San Diego or New York.

Arizona, I can understand.

St. Louis, I can understand, even though both of these games are on the road.

Dallas, yes, I CAN understand, as much as I think we'll control Moss this go-around, you beat us before, you can do it again.

Philly, yes, they are falling apart, although it is on the road.

However, you just lost to the Raiders, who are the worst team in the West. And you lost to them at home.

Now you play the Chargers, a much better team, in the same stadium, one week later. You've shown no signs of having any heart at all.

And as for the Giants, they beat you 36-0. I'm all for home field mattering, but I just don't think that playing in FedEx instead of the Meadowlands is a 36 point swing. (However, if you lose the games I expect you to lose coming up to this game, I really hope you do win, just so you can help us win the East by pulling down the Giants).

But I just can't understand how any fan with a shred of intelligence can consider finishing 6-0 a realistic possibility when you've dropped 5 of your last 7. :2cents:

If our offense doesn't get rolling we don't stand a chance. Injured receivers or not, gibbs need to get this thing moving. Look at how bad minny and green bay are. GB has 1 starting receiver and they can still air it out. Get the scheme working, it's all on gibbs right now. He hasn't done what is necessary to put the points on the board.

We can run the table if and only if our turnover ratio from now on becomes positive in each game by at least 1 turnover. Just think about it even the game against the Giants where we got blown out if we had no turnovers and no pass drops (especially when the ball hits you on the numbers) we would have been in it for a win.

If our offense doesn't get rolling we don't stand a chance. Injured receivers or not, gibbs need to get this thing moving. Look at how bad minny and green bay are. GB has 1 starting receiver and they can still air it out. Get the scheme working, it's all on gibbs right now. He hasn't done what is necessary to put the points on the board.

I agree. Its time to gamble a little aslo so please not more WRs screens and little dinks and dunks. Get Cooley over the middle (if we did that against the Raiders we would have won because both the safties were not in the middle at all. Get Jacobs-Cooley going middle slot routes and Moss deep to take the saftey with him. Get Portis our there on the edge too and swing it to him.

Archived