Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

brunell on espnews...

FightForOldDC21

but he's not on a ROLL fumbling the football, yet.

You should see when him and "Sticky Fingas CP" really get on a roll. We're talking double digit fumbles in a game!!

It's the ole Waterboy Prevent Offense (keeping the D on the field) :laugh:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hadn't CP gone 9 games without a fumble previous to last Sunday's game?

Did anyone see him try to hand the lady her bag of food with his right hand, only to switch it to his left? His hand is bothering him more than we know. More shotgun this week?

Brunell should have switched the bag to his left hand since the lady is on his right and he was on the left sideline. He did the right thing.

Mark Brunell is a good guy, and still a halfway decent QB. He would be a great backup at a lower price. Nevertheless, Joe Gibbs wrecked the team's trajectory on several fronts when he signed him, and wrecked the last two seasons by playing him. If he had just stuck with Ramsey, we would really be on the way to something. Instead, they compounded the mistakes at the QB position by wasting draft picks on Campbell.

I wish I could have one conversation with Gibbs, or see one press conference where he speaks openly, to explain what his thinking has been at the QB position. We had a good, young QB in place with Ramsey. All he needed was more time on the field and some good coaching. Instead we signed an aging veteran and drafted Campbell, wasting cap room and draft picks that were desperately needed to shore up the defensive line. Now we have a totally unstable situation at QB and no pass rush, and no way to fix it.

Brunell rules...screw you guys, Brunell knows whats going on better than we do. This comment makes me feel better about the team.

Agreed. I still like Brunell... maybe its because I like the Redskins so I have a thing for players that shoot themselves in the foot. But I'd still give him a B for the job he's done at QB this year. Ramsey and Campbell i couldn't see grading over a C at this point.

Mark Brunell is a good guy, and still a halfway decent QB. He would be a great backup at a lower price. Nevertheless, Joe Gibbs wrecked the team's trajectory on several fronts when he signed him, and wrecked the last two seasons by playing him. If he had just stuck with Ramsey, we would really be on the way to something. Instead, they compounded the mistakes at the QB position by wasting draft picks on Campbell .

I sense some sarcasm here.. Right???

I wish I could have one conversation with Gibbs, or see one press conference where he speaks openly, to explain what his thinking has been at the QB position. We had a good, young QB in place with Ramsey. All he needed was more time on the field and some good coaching. Instead we signed an aging veteran and drafted Campbell, wasting cap room and draft picks that were desperately needed to shore up the defensive line. Now we have a totally unstable situation at QB and no pass rush, and no way to fix it.

Yup, Everyone knows that with the 2nd ranked D (or was it 3rd?) and an offense that was towards the bottom, you draft for Defense.. :doh:

I am not saying that this poster is guilty of this, but some people on here tend to forget about the things and focus on what is wrong now, and not what got us to this point. Also, Ramsey had plenty of time to prove himself, and isn't our offense better now, than i has been in the past 4 years with Ramsey in? I like Ramsey, but C'mon don't say that we would be on a roll with him in there..

I sense some sarcasm here.. Right???

I mean exactly what I said.

Also, Ramsey had plenty of time to prove himself, and isn't our offense better now, than i has been in the past 4 years with Ramsey in? I like Ramsey, but C'mon don't say that we would be on a roll with him in there..

Anybody who says Ramsey had a real chance is being dishonest. And yes, I think if Ramsey had been the unquestioned starter for the last two years, we would be on a roll right now, or very close to breaking out. Either that or Ramsey would have failed, but we'd still have all the cap space and draft picks we wasted on Brunell and Campbell. Even if he did tank, which I don't think he would have, we'd be in no worse position than we are now, facing elimination from playoff contention for the 6th year in a row.

:doh: Geez this is real sad reading some the previous posts. Some of y'all sound like Eagle fans.

I think you're being too generous. They sound like a bunch of Chicken Little's, not REAL fans! I also notice that most of the negativity comes from those of the post-Gen X crowd!

Believe, my brothuhs! We're going to see the men separated from the boys on this team, and we're going to "kick it" all the way to the playoffs!!

Brunell rules...screw you guys, Brunell knows whats going on better than we do. This comment makes me feel better about the team.

Can't some of you listen to others thoughts WITHOUT having to tell them to go screw?

Geez.

The feel of this board is going down by the minute at times.

Blondie

Archived