Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey

sitting bull

I don't dislike ramsey. I think that he is better off getting a new start elsewhere. He seems to hold onto the ball too long! I mean he couldn't get out of his own way in a lot of games. The redskins should try and get something for him. I don't know what they could get? Maybe a late round pick? They could have had the Jets over a barrell with their problems. I think he has a hell of a gun, but I don't know about his decision making. what is it by the way with Tulane QBs? Losman and Ramsey? Not looking very good.

I'm going to p*ss a bunch of people off here, but that's nothing new. I've come to a conclusion about this season. Ramsey being on the bench is the reason the team is not better than it is. Not because of the comparative talent between Ramsey and Brunell, but because of the way the situation was handled. The whole team looks to the QB position for its leadership and identity. Throughout the whole offseason, from immediately after the last game last year all the way through the first quarter of the Bears game, Ramsey was the starting QB. By doing what he did, Gibbs completely FUBAR'ed the team's chemistry and psychology. Now, at the time when all the rubber of your offseason preparation hits the road of must-win games, the treads are coming off because you had the car tuned for one driver and gave it to another at the last minute.

The whole thing bothered me greatly at the time it happened because it seemed to me Gibbs was throwing away the season in week one. You just don't do what he did without throwing the whole team off. After a few games that were miraculous, last-minute mirages, I think I'm starting to be proved right.

I'm going to p*ss a bunch of people off here, but that's nothing new. I've come to a conclusion about this season. Ramsey being on the bench is the reason the team is not better than it is. Not because of the comparative talent between Ramsey and Brunell, but because the way the situation was handled. The whole team looks to the QB position for its leadership and identity. Throughout the whole offseason, from immediately after the last game last year all the way through the first quarter of the Bears game, Ramsey was the starting QB. By doing what he did, Gibbs completely FUBAR'ed the team's chemistry and psychology. Now, at the time when all the rubber of your offseason preparation hits the road of must-win games, the treads are coming off because you had the car tuned for one driver and gave it to another at the last minute.

But doesn't that theory become moot when a team opens the season 3-0? It seems to me they should have fully come to terms with Brunell replacing Ramsey by week 10, no?

But doesn't that theory become moot when a team opens the season 3-0? It seems to me they should have fully come to terms with Brunell replacing Ramsey by week 10, no?

Don't forget how close those games were.

A functioning team doesn't fail to show up for key games the way this one has three out of the last four weeks. What I'm saying is I think the coaches' backstabbing of Ramsey and disdain for Arrington severed the bond of trust with the players, and that's why they aren't playing hard when it matters. They play hard out of fear that they'll lose their jobs, but they don't really have a strong desire to win because there's too much uncertainty going on.

Don't forget how close those games were.

A functioning team doesn't fail to show up for key games the way this one has three out of the last four weeks. What I'm saying is I think the coaches' backstabbing of Ramsey and disdain for Arrington severed the bond of trust with the players, and that's why they aren't playing hard when it matters. They play hard out of fear that they'll lose their jobs, but they don't really have a strong desire to win because there's too much uncertainty going on.

I might agree with you...if not for the fact that the team has failed to win close games over the last several seasons, and really going all the way back to Turner's days here.

As for not having a strong desire to win, what better way to keep your head off the chopping block than to play hard and amass a winning record?

I wish we could get some real opinions on the Ramsey situation from some of the players. I'll bet more than a few of them were secretly concerned about Ramsey's ability to lead the team this season. I'm pretty sure Coach Gibbs was thinking this, as his move in the first game was a big vote of no-confidence in Ramsey.

I am a Redskins fan of 20 yrs and i do not like Brunell or Ramsey for that matter. If i had to choose it would be Ramsey due to the fact he is younger and got a more powerful arm i think than Brunell.Brunell is gettin old and tired even if he did have a great first half this yr. It seems to me it is starting to show on him now through the 2nd half. Ramsey was never given the full opportunity but from what i did see it doesnt surprise me. If we lose the next 2 games by chance we need to throw Campbell in there to get him some in game experience and then ditch Brunell in the off season. Keep Ramsey around for one more season and give him the go with Campbell as his backup and go from there. Brunell isnt getting younger and he isnt going to be around for long.Ramsey has a future somewhere and one more year to try to develop him here wont hurt.Heck he cant do worse than Brunell.Develop Campbell to be the QB of our future and slowly work him into the game. And get rid of the old baggage that hasnt proved nothing in the last few yrs.

I might agree with you...if not for the fact that the team has failed to win close games over the last several seasons, and really going all the way back to Turner's days here.

As for not having a strong desire to win, what better way to keep your head off the chopping block than to play hard and amass a winning record?

I wish we could get some real opinions on the Ramsey situation from some of the players. I'll bet more than a few of them were secretly concerned about Ramsey's ability to lead the team this season. I'm pretty sure Coach Gibbs was thinking this, as his move in the first game was a big vote of no-confidence in Ramsey.

I think the other players saw it coming because Gibbs & co. were giving Ramsey hell all offseason. I think it had to be a personal thing on some level. They didn't like something about his attitude. On Ramsey's part, he may have acted off because he felt like a marked man from the minute they signed Brunell. Signing Brunell was a mistake, even with the few good games he's had this year. Ramsey was and is a promising player, and he's probably going to be somebody else's starter.

They alienated him right off the bat with a wasteful deal for Brunell, then they made another wasteful deal for Campbell to spite him, and then they stabbed him in the back in front of everybody. That's the way the whole thing looks to me at this point.

All I can say is, when Gibbs made that move on opening day, my high hopes for his second time around changed dramatically, because of everything it implied. I think I was right. How right, I don't know yet.

Brunell was garbage last year, was solid but not great for about 3 games this year, and been average at best the rest of the way. He is starting to look the way he looked last year by letting balls sail, fumbling, and losing. Only the coach and Brunell know if he is injured. If he is put Ramsey in there to let Brunell heal for the NFC push after the SD game. A healthy Ramsey is far better than an injured Brunell..

Who is this Ramsey guy????????

Hes this one guy who flaps his arms at the line of scrimmage like he's fixing to take flight which i guess hes trying to change the play, then stares his recievers down and proceeds to throw into double coverage and complete a 20 yard pass to the opponent. Look i really wanted Ramsey to work out but he didnt. Enough said. To inconsistant with the ball. And Marks troubles have been with fumbles which are not all of his fault, we have these really big guys that we pay alot of money to that are suppose to block. I stress the word suppose. :gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck :point2sky

... Play just 1 QT and Vs The Best D in the NFL.

I think he can play as good as Brunell... if not better.

:logo:

No, he can't.

Further, Brunell has played better than 80% of the QB's in the league.

Interesting perspective, but really unwarranted and unrealistic.

To this day, I'm still baffled by the Jason Campbell selection in April's draft. We traded up in order to get him. Where does that leave Ramsey and why would Gibbs draft a QB in the first round, something he's never done before. Stan and Mark were the only QBs Gibbs/Beatherd drafted and molded.

There has to be something Gibbs dislikes about Ramsey. Or could it be that although Brunell is signed to a 7 year deal, he won't be around and eventually Ramsey will be the starter and Campbell the back up? Or in that cases eventually Campbell will be the starter with Ramsey as his back up? Whatever the scenario unfolds, it's safe to say that this current QB situation is very interesting.

Ramsey should start somewhere Else.

At this point 5-5, and possibly 5-6 coming up, I'd let him play the rest of the season. Why not? He could pull out a 5 game win streak! Who knows...the NFL is unpredictable.

I've been on Brunells jock since the Dallas game, but now I've kindof sat back and realized that Brunell is average, and Ramsey is an unknown commodity.

Our QB problem will continue until someone steps up and actually makes plays. Neither QB has shown that, and maybe Campbell can.

But knowing our luck, Campbell won't be anything more than average either...:(

I think Ramsey has never been given the opportunity to really prove himself. This year we gave up on him too quickly. Brunell was having a great year, but you can tell that it is all starting to catch up to him. A good quarterback doesn't have a good game against an excellent defense (Tampa Bay) and then come home and look like he did all last year against a poor Raider defense. This team needs to learn how to play consistently.

Ramsey play well with a crappy offense last year (without Jansen... with Gardner and Coles and Raymer etc And a play book extra conservative).

This year Ramsey has never been given the opportunity to really prove himself...

And Look at the game Brunell played :

Vs the Buccs: Brunell made 2 fumbles... and failed the last drive (we lost by 1).

Vs The Raiders: Brunell failed the last drive (for the FG... and we lost by 3).

Vs the Broncos: Brunell played a good game but failed the 2 pt conversion (also good play by Gold).

Vs the Giants he has done NOTHING.

Vs the Seahawks : he was intercepted on the last drive... (fortunately... Seahawks missed FG).

Vs Cowboys: he has done nothing... except the 2 pass for Moss.

Brunell has the opportunity to make play (because he is the starter)... Ramsey neither.

Brunell has made too many plays at this point to give the job to Ramsey. I was pissed when Gibbs pulled Ramsey, too, but the 2005 'skins are Brunell's team now.

Funny though that he's been turning the ball over so much lately. He was supposed to be the guy that protected the ball, while Ramsey was the "turnover machine".

Too many plays? This is the guys main weakness, he is hitting all the underneath stuff and converting a high percentage of third downs, but when it comes time to make a play, this is what has been missing.

Archived