Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone Notice after that hit Brunnell took...

Inigo Montoya

That was my observation...his mouth piece came out of his mouth about 2 yards from where he landed. It was a helluva hit.

i think it was actually a part of the inside padding of the helmet where his ear would be.

still- a brutal hit. i was surprised he got up right away.

That was my observation...his mouth piece came out of his mouth about 2 yards from where he landed. It was a helluva hit.

That was his ear piece. He also got his right hand banged up. He kept it in his jacket pocket during the post game interview. Mark is a warrior.

Brunell has turned the ball over in every single game this season either by INT or more often by fumble, except two games ( San Fran and Chicago ). :yikes: It has nothing to do with getting hit in the head. It had nothing to do with an injury last season. Sure he has played a bit better this year than last as I would expect any QB coming into a new system. But bottom line is he turns the ball over all the time.

Just a question, you think coach Joe would have such a long rope with Ramsey if he was giving the ball away every game?! I don't.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Do you also believe Ramsey would have thrown 14 TD's and numerous 300 yard games by this time in the season?

2 300 yrd games. 14 TDs 4 INTs 7 Fumbles ( 6 Lost)

3 sub 200 yrd games ( 2 sub 100 yrd) :yikes:

According to the Gibbs I know and love, it doesn't matter. Turn the ball over and sit down. Ever wonder why Portis didn't see the ball more in the second half of last weeks game. I'll give you a hint, he fumbled twice and Joe hates that so he looked another way. Brunell is the only guy on a Gibbs coached team that I can remember turning the ball over this much and not getting called on it more. It's the " Oh, I wouldn't want anyone else back there for us right now"," he fought his guts out", routine again. I am not saying Brunell is terrible. Last year was terrible. But as the starting QB of a Gibbs coached team I would expect him to be more accountable.

I agree that there is NO WAY Gibb's would have allowed Ramsey the number of turnovers that have been generated by Brunell and kept him in the game. INT OR Fumble. What is the difference? A turnover is a turnover. What kills me about Brunell is that he will play hurt and sacrifice the team for his ability to play. Give me a break. The guy is looking like he is hurt with the subpar play. We all know as fans what last year looked like and we got it now.

That wasn't his mouth piece, the was his ear piece, not many if any QB's wear a mouthpiece,because they have to call out signals.

I agree that there is NO WAY Gibb's would have allowed Ramsey the number of turnovers that have been generated by Brunell and kept him in the game. INT OR Fumble. What is the difference? A turnover is a turnover. What kills me about Brunell is that he will play hurt and sacrifice the team for his ability to play. Give me a break. The guy is looking like he is hurt with the subpar play. We all know as fans what last year looked like and we got it now.

To me, the difference is Brunell has shown the moxie to bounce back and make a couple of great plays after the turnover. Patrick, as much as I love him, hasn't and still gets rattled easily.

Thank you, and for God sake's how far beyond the pale must some travel before they let it go. Especially when they're wrong.

This is not about placing Ramsey in there. I never said that as I was ever a Ramsey supporter. I however, trusted that when Joe Gibbs came to town that his team would be held accountable. I have seen it with every other player that turns the ball over with , "He knows he can't do that", and ,"We are working on things to help him out", and "you never like to point at one thing, but yes, those turnovers cost us." Now when its Brunell and the stagering number of times he hands the ball to the other team its," Ah, he's fighting his guts out in there," and ," Well you know, when you're a mobile QB those things will happen", and ," Did you see some of those passes he completed, only he could do that,". What is that? I want some accountability. He expects it from everyone else. Remember the tough stance on Lavar this year. I agreed 100% with the way coach handled that situation. Don't perform don't play or at least get called out a bit on it to give you a gut check. But with Brunell its a different story and I don't understand why.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Archived