Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4 Receivers Visit Redskins Park

Ricky Ervins

Antonio Brown was among four free agent wide receivers who visited with team officials at Redskins Park on Tuesday.

As of Tuesday afternoon, there was no word on whether Brown or wide receivers Carl Kearney, Willie Quinnie and Taco Wallace will be signed to the 53-man roster or added to the practice squad.

Wallace is a third-year player out of Kansas State who has had brief NFL stints with the Seattle Seahawks and Green Bay Packers. Kearney is a rookie out of Georgia Southern who was with the New York Jets earlier this year. Quinnie is a rookie out of Alabama-Birmingham who was with the San Diego Chargers earlier this year.

Link

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=12808

I don't think the only reason Antonio Brown was originally cut was because of his fumble on kickoff-return. It was because he couldn't catch a freaking ball!

I still remember at least a couple of times during the preseason when he would line up at wide receiver and was wide open and the ball would BOUNCE off his facemask!!!

I'm ready for the return of Antonio Brown. It will be glorious and fumble-free!

yea i really liked that guy.

i thought that besides his fumbles, he was a speedy solid reciever, and would fit good in the system. He can catch and will be avle to get open if Moss is covered. I think he'd be the best fit for us now.

Antonio Brown knows the offense, and was a great special teams KR for us last year. I would not trust him to catch punts, but Santana could just fair catch every punt.

Jimmy Farris also know the offense, as does Rich Parson. These guys have to step up. Opportunity knocks, question is who wants it?

:logo:

Hey, if Antonio Brown can at least get open and catch say a 40 yard pass -- and THEN fumble -- we're in better position than when Brunell and Portis fumble it in our territory!! :)

Just don't make him a return man or throw him any of the wide reciever screens, and we're good to go! :silly:

i dont think Antonio Brown got a fair chance....he had one bad game...i mean yeah it was the first game but he could have been nervous for all we know....maybe his head wasnt there...i think ANTONIO would be a great pickup this time!

he fumbled last year, he fumbled in preseason, we remember his infamous 4 drops game in preseason, and then cost the shutout against the Bears fumbling the KO return.

Archived