Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar Arrington is a STUD

MRMADD

Watching him explode through the line to drop Lamont Jordon was unreal. The guy is truly talented. He's obviously fully recovered from his injury.

Now... back to the old question: would you trade him?

We all know the salary cap implications of keeping, trading, or cutting him. We all know he's due a $6.5m roster bonus in July. We've all now been reminded (for those of you that forgot) that he's one of the most ferocious playmakers in the NFL.

But with his resurgance, his trade value has increased. The Skins could reasonably expect to get more than a first round pick for him. Of course, with the cap problems, they'll have trouble paying a first round pick, but that can be overcome.

Would you take a 2006 first round pick for him? Would you take a 2007 first round pick and a 2006 second round pick for him? Would you trade him for Matt Schaub or Philip Rivers straight up? Or have you fallen back in love with him?

A player who has been a Redskin his whole career and played well, we seem to always want to trade. LA trade rumors are complete garbage. It's a waste to even talk about. If our big headed defensive staff would keep him on the field on third down you might see more 3 and outs or turnovers. 3rd down is the down when turnovers happen, but yet one of our best playmakers is picking pine out of his ass. :puke: If we ever traded LA for Shaub or Rivers I would have to seriously question rooting for this team.

Please. No way could the Skins get more than a mid round pick for him. Yes, he's good enough of a player for a first, but this is not 1975. He's not a good value vis a vis his cap numbers. If you think we could get a 1st rounder for Lavar, you probably thought we could get a 2nd for Gardner too. Lavar will be released, not traded.

Please. No way could the Skins get more than a mid round pick for him. Yes, he's good enough of a player for a first, but this is not 1975. He's not a good value vis a vis his cap numbers. If you think we could get a 1st rounder for Lavar, you probably thought we could get a 2nd for Gardner too. Lavar will be released, not traded.

What are you smoking. Cut him? Why? Hell the way things are going right now their might not even be a cap next year. And who is going to replace him? Holdman? This team can't afford more stupid moves and believe me they know letting go of Pierce was a major stupid move. if anything I want Gregg Williams next year (if he is still with us) to consider switching at least part time to the 3-4 D. Just pickup the biggest nose tackle you can in FA and make 30% of your plays 3-4, especially on 3rd and long.

Why? $12million cap hit. I'll believe no cap when I see it. Holdman can be replaced by a decent OLB. After all, we were an excellent D last year with Marshall on the outside. I love Lavar, but it's not about how good a player is, it's about how good they are relative to their cap hit. Lavar is one of the highest paid defensive players in the NFL. It's NOT that he's not that good, he's simply not worth the $$$.

The fact is Lavar is now a starter and the defense still does not put pressure on the QB and the defense still does not create TO's. Chris Clemons is a better pass rusher then Lavar and thus gets the 3rd down rush duties. If Lavar restructures his contract then fine but a guy getting 5 tackles a game doesn't warrant a 6.5 mill. roster bonus and a high cap number.

Is Holdman the answer probably not but you can get the same production through FA or the draft at half the price. The cap is always going to be a problem in Washington and taking a hit next year will be no different then the Coles situation last year. 2007 would leave us with a ton of extra cap space and depending on the collective bargaining agreement and the new TV contracts, taking effect next year, 2006 my not be as bad as some think as far the cap goes.

Lavar could be part of a pkg deal with Ramsey to move into the first round but who knows.

:gaintsuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck

Archived