Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Theme song question

Charbs

Im from Australia and have not had the chance to go to a redskins game live but i was just wondering about the theme "Hail to the Redskins"

Watching the 91-92 playoffs and superbowl on tape i noticed the band playing "hail to the redskins" with the whole crowd singin along and it sounded really loud and awesome, however since then i have never heard this again. Is it something that is only used when the skins are in the playoffs? or is it just not used anymore?

Im from Australia and have not had the chance to go to a redskins game live but i was just wondering about the theme "Hail to the Redskins"

Watching the 91-92 playoffs and superbowl on tape i noticed the band playing "hail to the redskins" with the whole crowd singin along and it sounded really loud and awesome, however since then i have never heard this again. Is it something that is only used when the skins are in the playoffs? or is it just not used anymore?

That, my friend, is an excellent question. I believe that the reason why you don't hear the theame song is because the fans are just not as pumped for a mediocre team. They still play the song at the stadium when we score, but it is usually played on the loud skears with 10% of the fans singing it. Believe me, when the Redskins have a winning season you will hear the song after every score!!!!

That, my friend, is an excellent question. I believe that the reason why you don't hear the theame song is because the fans are just not as pumped for a mediocre team. They still play the song at the stadium when we score, but it is usually played on the loud skears with 10% of the fans singing it. Believe me, when the Redskins have a winning season you will hear the song after every score!!!!

EXACTLY, the 12th man needs to do 3 laps, and 50 push-ups !!!!

Hey Charbs. Always good to see another Aussie on the boards. I haven't been able to get to a Redskins game either. Been tryin to save with my brother (Giants fan), but it's just too damn expensive. Hope to get there one day and sing that song LOUD!

I'm with Kevin. When I'm at the games the band plays and we sing after every score. In fact we use about any excuse to sing. Hell, we sing before and after the game too (if we win). It has more of a rowdy college football game feel than a pro game.

No other pro team has a real band that I know of. I know some other teams have songs but I don't know of any others that sing them. Some Eagle fans try with that "Fly Eagle Fly" joke of a song but that that’s just sad. It’s simply not the same thing at all. They have tried to invent a tradition and have failed.

Eagles Pep Band

pepband_0012a.jpg

The Real McCoy

Band.gif

the Ravens are the only other team with a marching band. A reason why you dont hear HTTR is cause the broadcasting usually blocks it out or switches to a commercial. Watching the game on CBS, it was nice of them to show the band marching across the field and then staying on air a little longer and making it so people at home could hear HTTR in the background, I certainly did this past weekend against the Raiders.

Usually when Fox broadcasts, it switches to a commercial rather fast and then they focus the sound to come from the crowd and all this other jazz, and not from the band, so its hard to hear HTTR being sung.

As to my knowledge, the song is still played after every score, and seemed like enough people were singing it after every score, cause I try and zero in my hearing for the song, as I want to eventually join the Redskins band!

Archived