Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Sign Jimmy Farris Back

Grimm

This makes sense for a couple of reasons. If Betts is better, he handles kickoffs ...Santana does punts.

Farris is probably a better receiver than Parsons...at least he looked like it in the pre-season.

But it still leaves us short at WR. If Parson is back on the practice squad then Farris replaces him. Thrash is injured making us a receiver short, irrespective of special teams.

And I, really, don't want Moss returning punts!

But it still leaves us short at WR. If Parson is back on the practice squad then Farris replaces him. Thrash is injured making us a receiver short, irrespective of special teams.

And I, really, don't want Moss returning punts!

Gibbs said in his presser that Parson may be back. I think they are looking at their options right now.

Jason

This makes sense for a couple of reasons. If Betts is better, he handles kickoffs ...Santana does punts.

Farris is probably a better receiver than Parsons...at least he looked like it in the pre-season.

Farris has shown me that he is the better player and better WR. I would like to see what he can do.

I am glad Ferris is back. I think he can fill Patton's or Thrash's role. TJ showed me nothing. Maybe it was rust, injuries, Brunell, or a great Raider DB - whatever - I just didn't see a thing to make me excited about him. Ferris was exciting in preseason and I was sad to see him cut. Now I hope I am right to be glad he is back.

I was willing to bet this guy would get cut today after the muffed kicks yesterday. Antonio Brown has better hands than this schmuck. :doh1:

No way. I remember scoffing when they cut Farris & kept Antonio Brown. When they cut Brown weeks later, I got to say I told you so. I never saw Farris drop anything, he didn't get a much time, but he made some crazy catches.

Does Farris remind anyone as a Ricky Proehl-type reciever? Proehl wasn't a starter bu you could count on him in a clutch situation to make the catch. I for one am glad he is getting a shot at the pros. I was dissappointed when he got cut.

Hail!:point2sky

You basically only said that because he's white.

He really hasn't done anything clutch.

Now all that's required is both Jimmy Farris and Taylor Jacobs share enough reps at practice. The most exasperating situation is a missed assignment or route.

Otherwise, I'm happy that Jimmy is back and has an opportunity. Taylor, as well, though he caused a fifteen yard penalty after an excellent run by Portis. That holding penalty caused a hole that burned through my stomach lining.

Jimmy Farris, I believe, should compliment Taylor. Also, with Sellers out for the San Diego game, I would surely like to see three Wide Receivers more often than the Tight End and H-back in on plays. Damn, I would have enjoyed watching Nehemiah Broughton or Manuel White replace Portis on a max protect with Jacobs, Farris, and Moss. With three WRs hopefully Brunell may have more target choices.

Hail Redskins!

Farris will now get his chance to demonstrate if he belongs. I hope he excels and earns some playing time. I am guessing he will play a lot on special teams and I hope he gets in on some three receiver packages.

Concerning Jacobs, he needs to step up and make plays. He did not stand out in the Raider game.

No way. I remember scoffing when they cut Farris & kept Antonio Brown. When they cut Brown weeks later, I got to say I told you so. I never saw Farris drop anything, he didn't get a much time, but he made some crazy catches.

I think he was referring to Parsons.

Archived