Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would Portis be a good trade for.....

Redskins4ever

our 1st round draft pick for the first overall pick for a shot to draft Reggie Bush? Bush is a lot like Joe Washington, who wasn't a fumbler and who wasn't a classic power runner such as Riggins, Rogers, and Riggs. We can resign Betts and risk him fumbling and have Bush carrying the football at times and flying out of the backfield to catch passes from Brunell or Campbell.

What do you guys think?

our 1st round draft pick for the first overall pick for a shot to draft Reggie Bush? Bush is a lot like Joe Washington, who wasn't a fumbler and who wasn't a classic power runner such as Riggins, Rogers, and Riggs. We can resign Betts and risk him fumbling and have Bush carrying the football at times and flying out of the backfield to catch passes from Brunell or Campbell.

What do you guys think?

dud eyou got problems. Portis' fumbles yesterday were cetainly unfortunate on a day when it really burns. BUT, he never fumbles... like 9 games this yr w/o a fumble!!! Get over it, bad day, bad game...Portis is the man. Go eat a snausage!

Its wishful thinking but I think Reggie Bush is gonna be real deal. I talked to Vernon Davis the TE for Maryland. He played with Reggie Bush in the Army High School All Star game. Bush played with a cast on and was killing. Davis told me that Bush was gonna be abeast in college. Man if we could get that cat, he's worth the risk. I think he has the potential to be like Marshall Faulk.

dud eyou got problems. Portis' fumbles yesterday were cetainly unfortunate on a day when it really burns. BUT, he never fumbles... like 9 games this yr w/o a fumble!!! Get over it, bad day, bad game...Portis is the man. Go eat a snausage!

Well, to me these 2004-2005 Joe Gibbs squads are the most imcompetent bunch that he's ever coached here. Even the squad that went 7-9 in 1988(Gibb's only losing season prior to his return) was better than these players playing for him now.

The point is we are not getting beat. We are beating ourselves with turnovers. We should be 8-1. Three games have gotten away because this. The only game we really lost was the Giants game.

70 yards in the first half and only finished with 90? Theres something wrong there.

What the hell is wrong with Jacobs holding on the portis run for 30 yards??? It was something of a ticky tac call but damn man, you are right in front of everyone, you can't get caught holding in the open field.

DEAR LORD IN HEAVEN I AM SO SICK OF THESE TRADE (insert a Player's name here)threads...First it was Lavar, then Ramsey and now this one....how soon before we see a "Should we trade Santana & Taylor to the Texans" threads?

Bush...he's going to make the Arizona Cardinals a very happy team. Until he realizes he plays for the Cardinals and waits for his chance on the Free Agent market.

omg wtffffffffff

dude..................portis has a lot of talent alotttttttttt

hang in their portis will give us the moneys worth

don't forget alexander was average until the age of 29 where he became a superstar

poritis is only 24 give him one more season next season he will get 1600+

I think we're getting way ahead of ourselves. Portis is our man and should stay at or near Pro Bowl form for years to come. He's a gamer....he's not afraid to do the dirty work. He saved a TD in the Eagles game with a timely tackle off of a turnover. He's not afraid to block either. He'll throw his body out there when called for. Agree, we need a key DE and OL. We're obviously weak at the 2 WR spot and could use more help in the secondary. It was geat seeing ST back in the fold again...Sometimes I wonder about our marguee bookend tackles but I believe they're solid on the whole. I really get irritated when I see the opposing QB camping in the pocket forever with no apparent rush. On the other side, I hate it when Brunell has to constantly duck and cover....I can't wait to get this game behind me!!! Bring on SD and Marty ball...

omg wtffffffffff

dude..................portis has a lot of talent alotttttttttt

hang in their portis will give us the moneys worth

don't forget alexander was average until the age of 29 where he became a superstar

poritis is only 24 give him one more season next season he will get 1600+

You're surprised at threads like this?

Redskins loss = people turn into (not smart people)

Oh yeah, I'm sure whoever has the #1 overall pick would just love to trade it straight up for Portis.

They'd think, "Hmmmmm, we could trade for Portis and pay him eleventy billion dollars, or we could just stand pat and have the most electrifying player to come out of the college ranks since Marshall Faulk. That's a tough one..."

Of course, it's no wonder Portis gets paid that much. I mean, he does have "Uniformica Sockosis"... the rare and debilitating disease which causes otherwise talented players to be unable to conform to the uniform code that all of his teammates do. All of those fines must eat away at his family's savings.

Really the NFL should understand that Portis is above everyone else in the league.

What do you guys think?

Look at clinton portis stats before you say stuff like this...Please...:doh:

That is just ridiculous, Portis is a gamer and he has tons of heart. Hell he went out and put on muscle to be the kind of back Gibbs wanted. How many other players do you think would have done that?

He throws his body around every game making blocks and stretching for that extra yard.

Archived