Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis!!

skins1972

I dont want him to be on TV this Thursday... Keep your mouth shut, dont dress up like a drag queen and for one second keep a serious face. This team needs a kick in the arss.. I am amazed by the way this team played on Sunday. They are loosers still to this day, mentality has not changed.

On CSN for the post-game analysis B. Mitchell made a good point saying that Gibbs is waaaay different from the first go around. He was a disciplinarian and a hard nose kind of guy. When you see Clinton Portis dress up and have fun during the week, then loose 2 fumbles that following weekend, it has to stop. Overall, the team is lacking discipline and focus, which translates into losing and not even caring enough to do something about it.

Fine, he doesn't need to dress up any more. But why are people getting so upset at him? Portis is still a Top 10 RB. He has 1 bad game and you all have a ****ing cow. There are MUCH larger problems on this team right now than Portis' 1 bad game. Stop blaming him and look at what really needs to be fixed. Mostly our consistancy.

Portis has little if anything to do with the way this team is playing right now. Actually, if anything, he is the most consistant part of our team. Our running game(I believe) is also in the Top 10 in the NFL. The only reason we're not putting up more rushing TD's is because we can't get our passing game to be efficient enough to get us down the field and in close enough. Not to mention, our O-line has played horrible lately.

So please, know what you are talking about before screaming and yelling, and starting the 10th thread about the same topic that has already been mentioned too many times as it is.

Where were these threads after our wins?

Edit: I also want to congratulate you on finding out what's wrong with this team. It's Portis dressing up! Who would have thunk it?

It's not playcalling in which for some reason or another we completely abandon the run even though it's completely unneccesary to do so and do other questionable things

It's not the O line failing to protect the QB in critical situations

It's not Brunell's accuracy

It's not our piss poor pass defense

It's not our inability to pass rush

It's Portis dressing up!

Where were these threads after our wins?

I never liked his stupid outfits, he looked like a drag queen.. Your a football player not a fing actor so act like it. Win or loose, but seriously did you see anyone on the Offense to have any pride or spark in their hearts in the 2nd half?? They were playing with no heart once again, just look at their faces and body language in the game!! Forget playoffs, this team will be lucky to win another 2 games!!

Tonight Jansen and Sean springs will be on Monday night live and smile and have fun, eat cake and shoot the s#$#.. just like they have after all the other losses.. Do you see anything wrong with that picture? No emotions, no pride, no sense of urgency.. but then hey I am a bad fan for talking about the truth I guess!!!

Also about your comment after your edit, I didnt say its all his fault, but this has gone way over board. YOU ARE A FOOTBALL PLAYER NOT A DRAG QUEEN.. Its time to be serious.. This whole football team as a whole sucked on Sunday, not just Portis. But it can be argued fumbling twice might have something to do with it!!??

Thanks you, guys. I posted on this 2 weeks ago and got slammed.

I think thats because Portis was still a huge part of our successes as a team. If we lose like we did vs Tampa and Portis still rushes for 144 and a TD, I could care less what he does. When he fumbles twice and plays like garbage, then I would say its time to stop. Thats coming from a guy who LOVES those things.

I think what we're wanting is for CP to step up this Thurs. and say he's not dressing up anymore.... that focusing on the task at hand, righting the ship and making a push for the playoffs, is more important than dreaming up his new character.

Additionally, I'd like CP to take a more leadership role..... go to Gibbs and say....."feed me the ball and I'll win the game for us". And then go out and do it. We need the leaders of this team to step up, have a closed door player only meeting, and simply demand that people focus and let's reel off three or four in a row and get back in the playoff hunt. What I don't want Portis doing is focusing on having fun when he just dropped two fumbles and gave the Raiders life. People talk about his fumbles not of any matter, but I believe the turnovers gave the Raiders like not to mention allow some of the weaker minded Redskins think...."here we go again" and then tighten up. Leaders don't do that....

I dont want him to be on TV this Thursday... Keep your mouth shut, dont dress up like a drag queen and for one second keep a serious face. This team needs a kick in the arss.. I am amazed by the way this team played on Sunday. They are loosers still to this day, mentality has not changed.

I said the exact same thing this week and was mocked for it.

Some people need to lighten up a little bit. I used to be this upset after every loss and just pick on every little thing that is the reason why we lost.

But I guess seeing so many losses has changed me a bit. Dont get me wrong, i'm still as upset as the next skins fan, but I just think it through and realize that we just simply did not have a very good offensive gameplan. We didnt expect that kind of pass rush out of the Raiders front 4. We had some unlucky breaks.

These guys are not losers, its embarrassing that you would call them that. They are turning it around, what we've seen this year is already 10 times better than last year. Its not going to turn around in one year, especially one that you lose several key defensive players, Smoot and Pierce.

Calm down folks, we're getting there.

Well I guess we have run out of "original" reasons to pin our losing on. One week it is the offense, one week the defense, one week play calling, the next it is the referee's.

Now, the most appropriate of all reasons we lost...A running back puts on a wig and some funny glasses...during a THURSDAY interview and because of that fumbles the ball 2 times which costs us the game, and of course the season.

I assume we beat the Eagles because he wore red socks and black shoes.

I really think if he would get rid of the hair sticking out of his chinstrap then he could focus on holding the ball. And ever since Santana Moss got rid of the braids and went with the 'fro, he hasn't don't crap. Probably because he is spending all his time combing his hair now.

The reason we have lost the last two games is because the TEAM couldn't make plays when it needed to. The offense couldn't and the defense couldn't.

Portis' dressing up reminds me of all the trash talk that Smoot use to impart on us. Only to get his butt toasted in the game. Do us all a favor, shut up and take your job a little more seriously. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2cents:

Guess you haven't seen any Skins games this year or listened to Clinton Portis....

Fine, he doesn't need to dress up any more. But why are people getting so upset at him? Portis is still a Top 10 RB. He has 1 bad game and you all have a ****ing cow. There are MUCH larger problems on this team right now than Portis' 1 bad game. Stop blaming him and look at what really needs to be fixed. Mostly our consistancy.

Portis has little if anything to do with the way this team is playing right now. Actually, if anything, he is the most consistant part of our team. Our running game(I believe) is also in the Top 10 in the NFL. The only reason we're not putting up more rushing TD's is because we can't get our passing game to be efficient enough to get us down the field and in close enough. Not to mention, our O-line has played horrible lately.

So please, know what you are talking about before screaming and yelling, and starting the 10th thread about the same topic that has already been mentioned too many times as it is.

Thank you for stating the obviuos. Its a shame, after the first part of this season portis has laid it all on the line. When he isnt carrying the ball, hes blocking his ass off against guys twice his size, Hes catching the ball out of the backfield very well, making catches most recievers wish they could make...if you dont know the catches I'm speaking of then you probably dont watch his play very close. Portis has been a class act since he has been here. Unselfishly sharing the running responsibility, and just plain and simply giving his all every play. To those of you who are jumping on portis because of the two fumbles in sundays game(his only fumbles this year by the way), need to check your self. He is one of the bright spots on this team. You need to be complaining about the D-line or O-line.....But jumping on portis???? You are way off base and just plain wrong.

Thank you for stating the obviuos. Its a shame, after the first part of this season portis has laid it all on the line. When he isnt carrying the ball, hes blocking his ass off against guys twice his size, Hes catching the ball out of the backfield very well, making catches most recievers wish they could make...if you dont know the catches I'm speaking of then you probably dont watch his play very close. Portis has been a class act since he has been here. Unselfishly sharing the running responsibility, and just plain and simply giving his all every play. To those of you who are jumping on portis because of the two fumbles in sundays game(his only fumbles this year by the way), need to check your self. He is one of the bright spots on this team. You need to be complaining about the D-line or O-line.....But jumping on portis???? You are way off base and just plain wrong.

I'm with Skinthemboys. Portis is doing everything he can to help the team win, including giving 100% even when he doesn't have the ball.

The fact that people here are all caught up for what he does for a 5 min interview every week is just dumb. Just as dumb as the negative posts on gameday threads and just as dumb as people calling for Portis' head for the fumbles Brunell's for his apparent drop in production. Anyone watch Donnie Darko? The types of posters I just named remind of that female gym teacher/dance team coach from the movie Donnie Darko. Makes me sick.

Archived