Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Maybe this loss wasn't as bad as we think

jbooma

Before you grill me listen :)

Yes we loss to a bad team that traveled a long distance. However this same team gave Norv the gameball because it meant the world to him. This was Norv's superbowl there is no other way to put it. The way he was handled by Danny was just uncalled for and totally low. You don't tell someone in Norvs position to wait and then never come back :doh:

It is all about karma, Norv could never win the close game with us, his teams played hard however we were never able to get over that hump.

Oakland played yesterday with more fire then they have all season and I honestly think it was for Norv.

WHEN we beat SD this week we will all forget about this game, but it was just someone getting his revenge in the only way he could.

Yes we loss to a bad team that traveled a long distance. However this same team gave Norv the gameball because it meant the world to him. This was Norv's superbowl there is no other way to put it. The way he was handled by Danny was just uncalled for and totally low. You don't tell someone in Norvs position to wait and then never come back :doh:

It is all about karma, Norv could never win the close game with us, his teams played hard however we were never able to get over that hump.

Oakland played yesterday with more fire then they have all season and I honestly think it was for Norv.

WHEN we beat SD this week we will all forget about this game, but it was just someone getting his revenge in the only way he could.

I was just about to start a karma thread--you and I must be on the same wavelength. But, Jbooma, don't you just get the feeling sometimes that we will never win with Snyder because he is such an *******, and the negative karma follows him and this team around like air.

You don't lose at home to a bad west coast team in a 1:00 game. You just don't.

The Raiders are BAD team, any way you put it.

The Raiders beat us in our own house.

This was the most painful thing i've had to swallow as a fan all year!

NORV BEAT US. I can't express it any more than that. We STUNK yesterday.

No excuses. When we lost to the Giants, well, that was weird, and I'll call it a fluke.

But we flat-out got beat by a LOUSY team. Period. There's nothing worse than this loss AND the fact that both Dallas and NY won. Only thing to have made it worse is if somehow Norv was the Cowboys coach and they beat us. Maybe then I'd feel worse.

I was just about to start a karma thread--you and I must be on the same wavelength. But, Jbooma, don't you just get the feeling sometimes that we will never win with Snyder because he is such an *******, and the negative karma follows him and this team around like air.

I think we will in time, the culture had to change and Gibbs is doing that. I do think we need to get a GM in here as well because we have nothing to show from the second half of the drafts, sorry but Vinny is not getting it done. We fall apart when we lose starters, we have no depth on this team. Snyder has changed, but he is burning to win and that is what I look at and respect.

For those saying it is bad to lose against bad teams, tell that to Tampa, NY, and whoever lost to Texas :laugh: This happens in the NFL and yesterday Norv wanted it more then anyone else in the building, anyone.

I think Norv was on borrowed time after his 3rd season here. None of us really knows how the situation was handled with him. Just as we don't really know about Coles and the flat screen. Frankly, I couldn't care less. I was just glad he finally got the ax. Norv is not a good head coach as his record shows.He left a cloud of mediocrity over the entire organization when he left. A cloud Joe Gibbs game back to clear away.

I disagree the Raiders played with fire. They were ready to roll over from the opening kick-off, but the 'Skins were just flat as a pancake in the second half.

I do agree there was some Karma involved, but in the end Norv will be fired from the Raiders under much the same circumstances as he was here.

Marty's team is going to beat us, too. Except in this case, they are just better.

And Marty, as he leaves the field, will wink at Dan Snyder up in his owner's box. Just like Norv did yesterday.

:doh:

Yep! It's not like Marty won't be motivated.

I still think we have a shot without a doubt. But the coaching staff HAS TO STOP BEING SCARED TO TAKE CHANCES!

I'm not sure what you mean by this. The way I saw it, there were several 3rd downs with 4, 5, or 6 yards to go when they went for the home run (usually to Jacobs) instead of the easier first down underneath. I think they did a lot to take chances.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. The way I saw it, there were several 3rd downs with 4, 5, or 6 yards to go when they went for the home run (usually to Jacobs) instead of the easier first down underneath. I think they did a lot to take chances.

One of the problems with the O and all the TV guys have been saying this is Mark has no where to go with the ball, yes it is great to max protect, but when the line can not handle the pressure and the other team is all over the 2 running routes, it is to predictable.

I think we need to go to a 3 WR set and put Cooley or Portis in the slot, opened it up and give Mark a chance to make a play, and then they will not be able to double up Santana on the line every play.

Plus we need Portis in the second half, how can we forget about him.

If all it takes is a little motivation for another team to drum up the energy to beat us, we have no business calling ourselves a contender for anything. Every week we're going to face ex-players, ex-coaches, ex-managers, not to mention players or whole teams who've come up with some kind of 'dedication'. Are we supposed to politely accept losses because our opponent declares they're dedicating the game to some sick kid somewhere? Sorry if its crude, but the logic is just offensive.

It's an awful loss because it drops us our of the division race and to the bottom of the wild card race with 6 weeks to go.

The only possible rationalization that it wasn't that bad was that it was an AFC team, and if we really do pull of a surge in the next month it won't matter as much in tiebreakers.

Archived