Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has Anybody Noticed (in re Blanche/Williams & Lavar)?

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Has anybody noticed how indignant Greg Williams and

Greg Blache seem to get when asked anything about

LaVar? Case in point: when asked why Arrington is

removed on third down, Blache indignantly replied

"LaVar is far from being out best pass-rusher".

Well, if he isn't I would sure like to meet the

person who is.

My problem with Williams and particularly Blache,

is that they act as if thier defensive schemes

are the only schemes that can work. I find it kind

of interesting that Arrington can no longer play.

He seemed to be a pretty effective player

under Kurt Schottenheimer,Marvin Williams,George Edwards

,etc. IMO, thier arrogance is hurting the team.

Anyone else notice these things?

When is the last time Chris Clemmons busted throught he line and took down one of the top five runningbacks in the NFL down in the backfield on the goal line. I can't remember. The Gregg's have gone from the Penthouse to the outhouse. I really really hope someone offers Williams a head coaching job and he takes it. Not just because of the Lavar situation but because he is not what he is cracked up to be.

With Gregg Williams I can understand, his defenses have been good over the years. But what is this guy Blache doing? He is the defensive line coach and that unit has been one of the teams biggest problems. The only statement he needs to be making to skins fans is "I'm really very sorry about this". He certainly shouldn't be trashing a key member of the defense.

Also how is this guy going to dog Lavar? Isn't Blache the guy responsible for Holdman and Daniels being on this team? I'm glad he doesn't think highly of Lavar's ability, because the dudes he is high on, SUCK.

What the heck is his problem? Lavar isn't our best pass rusher.:doh: One thing about Lavar is even if he doesn't get to the QB, he commands respect from opposing offenses in third and long situations. Many times in the past I remember seeing him being double teamed. Even taking on a double team on third and long would help the rest of the sorry D-Line muster up a pass rush.

Ahem.... Clemons caused our only forced turnover, and also had a sack, I believe.

Blache is working with probably the most untalented DL in the league, especially now that our defensive MVP Griffin is out.

:cheers:

Clemons had the only two pass-rushing plays of consequence yesterday so it's pretty tough to question him being in there on pass-rushing downs.

Now, I don't know that Lavar needs to be removed, but I'm not sure who else you'd take out...

Blache is working with probably the most untalented DL in the league, especially now that our defensive MVP Griffin is out.

The fact that he is working with the "most untalented DL in the league" seems to be his own fault. Did anyone get a sense of urgency to improve the DL this offseason? I didn't. Blache was flying high on Phillip Daniels while we were drafting fullbacks.

Now he's trashing Lavar after having given us the gift of Holdman. Can't blame the players if you are the one picking them.

Has anybody noticed how indignant Greg Williams and

Greg Blache seem to get when asked anything about

LaVar? Case in point: when asked why Arrington is

removed on third down, Blache indignantly replied

"LaVar is far from being out best pass-rusher".

Well, if he isn't I would sure like to meet the

person who is.

My problem with Williams and particularly Blache,

is that they act as if thier defensive schemes

are the only schemes that can work. I find it kind

of interesting that Arrington can no longer play.

He seemed to be a pretty effective player

under Kurt Schottenheimer,Marvin Williams,George Edwards

,etc. IMO, thier arrogance is hurting the team.

Anyone else notice these things?

I totally agree! Espeacially about Blache, out D-line is horrible!!! They almost NEVER get any pressure and where is all this technique that he supposedly teaches them??!?! I know, it doesn't exist! The best lineman we have is Griffin and even when he's there he get's doubled almost everyplay and he STILL makes plays!

Blache and Williams are too arrogant for me, I mean c'mon man, how can they look at game film of our pass rush and be happy with that?!??!?

Please use descriptive titles to your threads.

8. Please use descriptive and accurate subject titles for your posts. Adherence to this rule assists visitors in utilizing discretion when selecting content to read. It also serves to notify members if a particular topic has already been posted and discussed, and potentially prevents multiple threads being started on the same topic.

Be respectful of the fact that some people come to ExtremeSkins explicitly for latest Redskins news and content, provided without the editorializing of titles by members.

Thanks.

Lavar is the best defensive player on this team. He should be on the field for every defensive play,especially on 3rd down when we need to put pressure on the quarterback. I agree that the D-line is bad. During the offseason Hugh Douglas was available, why not get him to rush the quarterback

Anyone notice when Lavar made that awesome tackle in the backfield on Lamont Jordan they showed Greg Williams and he had no excitement on his face at all. I know any other time when the D makes a big play that GW pumps his fists usually and is yelling. He wasn't saying a thing when Lavar made that play and seemed motionless.

During the offseason Hugh Douglas was available, why not get him to rush the quarterback

You're kidding, right? Hugh hasn't had anything left in the tank for a couple years now, and is out of football entirely (unless you count being a "team ambassador," whatever the heck that means.

Our real mistake was not signing Bert Berry a couple years ago when he went for dirt cheap. :(

Ok one more time for everyone out there. Blanche is the type of coach that love players he had in the past. Look at Harris look at Holdman. This is the same coaching staff that wanted Holdman a couple of seasons ago and we lucked out because he signed with the Browns. The result was Marcus Washington.

This is the same coaching staff that for the first 5 games would not play Lavar because according to them didn't practice very well and yet Holdman was nothing more than a "chair" in the field. Case and point when Lavar started he supassed Holdman's tackle stats in less than half the games.

Case and point this is the same coaching staff that takes out Lavar on every 3rd down play but who has come up with some huge stuffs in the backfield? Lavar. Now I am not saying Clemons is not a good pass rushers what I am saying at the very least if you are going to rush a LB and have the other OL cover a TE rotate Lavar and Washington out to keep them fresh. To me they are one in the same with Lavar being a bigger hitter.

Lets us not go crazy however, yesterday's game lose was not the Ds fault. They allowed a total of 9 points (considering they scored 7). Its our offense that bogles the mind on how inept they were against the 25th ranked D after coming off a 28 point game against he #1 D.

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold
Lavar doesn't have one pass rushing move. All he does is Bull Rush:doh: Maybe the Great Greg Blach can teach him some moves.... Swim moves maybe a spin who knows:doh:

Not only that he seems to have lost some of his pure speed he had a couple years ago, however not his fault, the fact remains. I watched a lot of LaVar yesterday and I know everyone is going to say oh wow what a hit he made on the goaline blah blah blah, when in reality it was pretty much the only good play he made all day, and if they had been on a delayed snap he would have been offsides.

Did anyone notice how Burgess or Burress (#56 for the Raiders) routinely beat Royal and Portis in one on one pass protection, getting hits on Brunell, and often hurried him when he was on an actual olineman? How about the fact that LaVar went against a TE on about 5-7 plays yesterday and didn't get a sniff at Collins.

Look I love LaVar as a character, and I think he's a decent human being. I wanted to see him return to the form he had 3 years ago just as much as anyone. But wake up people, he is nowhere NEAR as effective as he used to be. period.

Funny how teams aren't running to the left a will since Lavar has been on that side. When the Skins were 3-0, Williams could afford to spit that garbage but I'm one who'll assess things even when a team is doing good also. Like last season. Just because the def was ranked #3, they felt the didn't need to get a pass rushing DE.

Not only that he seems to have lost some of his pure speed he had a couple years ago, however not his fault, the fact remains. I watched a lot of LaVar yesterday and I know everyone is going to say oh wow what a hit he made on the goaline blah blah blah, when in reality it was pretty much the only good play he made all day, and if they had been on a delayed snap he would have been offsides.

Did anyone notice how Burgess or Burress (#56 for the Raiders) routinely beat Royal and Portis in one on one pass protection, getting hits on Brunell, and often hurried him when he was on an actual olineman? How about the fact that LaVar went against a TE on about 5-7 plays yesterday and didn't get a sniff at Collins.

Look I love LaVar as a character, and I think he's a decent human being. I wanted to see him return to the form he had 3 years ago just as much as anyone. But wake up people, he is nowhere NEAR as effective as he used to be. period.

I think you're overstating his loss of speed. He's displayed his preinjury burst on many plays since he's been back. Is he as fast as 2-3 years ago? Maybe not, but I don't think its as cut and dried as you make it out to be. And I'd have to go back and look, but I don't think he was in that many plays where he was rushing the passer yesterday. I know he was pulled on virtually all passing 3rd downs.

Our defensive problems start up front. Lavar should be the least of our worries at this point. He's doing just fine.

If we don't pay good money this off-season to shore up the d-line then we're going to continue to be shakey on D. A good d-line makes mediocre linebackers and modest Dbs into pro-bowlers.

Same goes for the oline for that matter. Solid oline play can turn a decent rb into a hall of famer (see Emmitt). But that's another discussion for another day;).

:doh: Our problems start with theDefensive coordinator. I've never seen a more arrogant, and undeservedly so, individual. If Arrington doesn't fit your scheme....CHANGE you scheme!!!! For gosh sakes he's the best our defense has.

Want to get better? Find better coaching!

Archived