Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Raider and Charger game dosen't really matter

ahhyeaa

From a playoff perspective the Raider and Charger game dosen't mean anything. We could lose next week and it really want matter either. This team needs to win the 5 remaining NFC games or win next week and drop 1 NFC game and we will still be in the playoffs at 10-6 as a wild card with a record of 10-2 or 9-3 in the NFC.

Is this possible? yes, likely no. I think Patton has really screwed are chances. In my opinion the only reason he had the surgery is he wasn't getting the ball as much as he would have liked and he probably thought the season was over with the Tampa loss. I gurantee if he was putting up good numbers he would have not done this. I would cut this guy right now. It is to late to sign a good free agent at this time to learn our offense and the WR's we have left are just not good enough. I think are only chance in hell is to try and resign A. Brown and K. Dyson. These 2 guys know the offense and could step right in. If we are not able to sign one or both of these guys the season is over.

I doubt that if we lose to the Chargers we'll make the playoffs. the Tampa loss killed us. We would most likely end up 2nd in the division to either the Giants or Cowboys. After that we'll be in line with the other NFC teams at 10-6. Tampa will most likely be in that mix and we would lose the head-to-head tiebreaker to them. The only shot we have left is to win out which seems a distant possibility.

I think we are just as competitive as anyone....difference is we shoot ourselves in the foot more than the good teams. Good teams dont fumble 3 times and twice inside their own 30.

We are 5-5. Things are now in perspective for us. I think that this is the first time all year that our backs are against the wall and we are faced w/a must win game. The Raider game is over and it sucks that we played poorly and lost but I honestly believe both the Giants and Cowboys will lose this upcoming week (Dal vs. Den and NYG@Sea). If we can somehow put all the chips in the table and play a near perfect game (which is what it will take) then we would sit at 6-5 while Dal/NYG would be at 7-4. We have home games vs. both coming up in a few weeks....

We are by no means done but we have a TON of work to do because this game vs. SD will make or break our season PERIOD...not the TB game last week...not the Oakland game yesterday and not any of the remaining NFC EAST games....SD makes or breaks our season.

From a playoff perspective the Raider and Charger game dosen't mean anything. We could lose next week and it really want matter either. This team needs to win the 5 remaining NFC games or win next week and drop 1 NFC game and we will still be in the playoffs at 10-6 as a wild card with a record of 10-2 or 9-3 in the NFC.

Is this possible? yes, likely no. I think Patton has really screwed are chances. In my opinion the only reason he had the surgery is he wasn't getting the ball as much as he would have liked and he probably thought the season was over with the Tampa loss. I gurantee if he was putting up good numbers he would have not done this. I would cut this guy right now. It is to late to sign a good free agent at this time to learn our offense and the WR's we have left are just not good enough. I think are only chance in hell is to try and resign A. Brown and K. Dyson. These 2 guys know the offense and could step right in. If we are not able to sign one or both of these guys the season is over.

While Conference games are more important than non-conference games, it's going to take 10 wins to make the playoffs. We have to go 5-1 down the stretch to do that (and even then we will probably lose a tie-breaker with Tampa).

Right now, making the playoffs is a very difficult task. If we lose next week, it becomes next to impossible.

From a playoff perspective the Raider and Charger game dosen't mean anything. We could lose next week and it really want matter either.

This is the "losing culture" attitude that plauges this team year after year.

Killer instinct? What killer instinct?

As long as we squeak by it's all ok?

Give me a break.

Even if your lame-ass scenario pans out, we'll get it handed to us in round 1.

But than again, does that really matter?

Guest sith lord
This is the "losing culture" attitude that plauges this team year after year.

Killer instinct? What killer instinct?

As long as we squeak by it's all ok?

Give me a break.

Even if your lame-ass scenario pans out, we'll get it handed to us in round 1.

But than again, does that really matter?

I totally agree. What is the original poster smoking? Some said the exact same thing when we lost to the Broncos and Chiefs. I'm going out on a limb and stating that if we would of won thos games, we would be sitting pretty right now.

Actually, the Bucs and Bears game were less important than the AFC games

divisional tiebreakers

1. Head to head - (so our division games are most important)

2. Division Record - (so our division game are even more most important)

3. Common games - (so our games against afc and nfc west are 2nd most important.)

4. Conference record - (so that gives a boost to the games against the nfc west, but the other nfc games are not as important as the games against the afc west)

So ranking the importance of our games based on tie breakers

1-6: Eagles, Giants and Cowboys(2-1 so far)

7-10: Seahawks, Rams, 49ers and Cardinals(2-0 so far)

11-14: Raiders, Broncos, Cheifs and Chargers(0-3 so far)

15-16: Bears and Buccaneers(1-1)

furthermore, all games matter because in order for these games to matter or not matter, we have to get in a meaningful tie. In order to get in a meaningful tie, we need to win football games. Our chances of getting into a meaningful tie at this point are wanning. If we drop below .500 with only 5 games to go the chances of us doing so drop down towards the nadir of probability.

Do you understand math at all??

If we lost next week, and Dallas and NY both win, well then we are 3 games behind, and with only one against each that means we can only get to at least 2 games behind, and they play each other once so that means we might get to a game of the other, but that doesn't seem like enough for the playoffs now does it, we need all the wins we can get :doh:

I hate having to depend on others, we need to to win out and put it in our hands.

While Conference games are more important than non-conference games' date=' it's going to take 10 wins to make the playoffs. We have to go 5-1 down the stretch to do that (and even then we will probably lose a tie-breaker with Tampa).

Right now, making the playoffs is a very difficult task. If we lose next week, it becomes next to impossible.[/quote']

What he said, with the exception that Atl is starting to stumble and Car finally played a good team and got beat, so TB may actually win the South.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Do you understand math at all??

If we lost next week, and Dallas and NY both win, well then we are 3 games behind, and with only one against each that means we can only get to at least 2 games behind, and they play each other once so that means we might get to a game of the other, but that doesn't seem like enough for the playoffs now does it, we need all the wins we can get :doh:

I hate having to depend on others, we need to to win out and put it in our hands.

You're right, it's very simple math. The more wins (no matter against who), the better. The Raiders and Chargers games are not important? I don't understand the original post at all.

Archived