Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Long Will Gibbs Stay With Us???

qcraftsman

I think you have to allow him to re-tool the roster to his likig. Your team was bad, just like Dallas was before Parcells got there. It took Parcells 3 years to get his brand on the team. Give Gibbs some time...though you haven't really had that much more success in the draft since he got here either. This last draft, IMO, was a joke on your guys part. 2 FB's, no DEs, and trading what could end up to be a mid to high 1st rounder (not to mention the other picks u threw in there which if you add them to teh 1st rounder make the 1st rounder even higher) for Campbell. Im not exactly sure what you saw in Campbell. Personally I think he benefited emensly from Brown and Williams, and that stout defense. I may be wrong, but I don't think he was worth what you gave up for him. Especially with the money given to Brunell

5 years until his contract expires, and then maybe he'll sign a new one.

Joe Gibbs isn't leaving us.

Agreed, success doesn't come overnight when you inherit the mess that Gibbs inherited from Spurrier. Gibbs isn't a quitter, he didn't win overnight in NASCAR either and he ended up winning there too with Tony Stewart. Don't underestimate "The Coach". :mad:

I just have a bad feeling that he'll hang it up after this season.

The players aren't the same as when he last coached. The NFL isn't the same. Free agency, salary cap... even the officiating are all new or different now.

I'm scared to death that he'll just say time to move on to the rest of my life. He did it once before when times were better for him. Why not again.

:doh: How many times does the man have to tell this fanbase that he signed a five year deal and that he will finish out his contract??

Don't you all get it?? The man really means what he says and says what he means.

Don't YOU understand that he had signed a new contract before he abruptly retired in 1992. Just because you sign a new contract doesn't mean you will always fulfill it. His health will obviously play a big part.

I think he's gone. He's already wasted two years on Brunell, there isn't a franchise qb on the horizon, even a functional qb for that matter. Four? Five? years before Jason Campbell can start? Gregg Williams is probably going to leave and that will be a nightmare. Where is this team over the past two seasons without the defense? I hate to say it but the game seems like it has passed him by. Someone mentioned how Gibbs doesn't even watch key moments of the game and that is upsetting. If he was just going through the motions to rebuild the team in his image then I would be more comfortable than seeing him pray for a 45 yd. John Hall field goal to put us up ten going into halftime of a regular season game at home. If Coach Joe was going to stay here three or four more years then why waste a miracle on an average team with gaping holes that is going nowhere this season? Why get so burned out after every agonizingly average game this team goes through week after week?

I'm pretty sure he'll stick this contract out...

What's tough about it is that we've been in practically every game from last season to this season, with so many one-score losses (7 points or less).

People forget that the NFL now is three-year rebuilding plans....St. Louis, Carolina, Atlanta, for example. We just happened to be crappy when Joe got here, but still have to go through the process. He is here to WIN. And I mean win the Big One.

We still control our own destiny this year. It's not over yet, we're only 5-5. Remember when we started 0-5 under Marty, then came back with 5 straight? We were right back in the hunt.

Don't YOU understand that he had signed a new contract before he abruptly retired in 1992. Just because you sign a new contract doesn't mean you will always fulfill it. His health will obviously play a big part.

I get that he had already coached 12 years when he abruptly left to have more time with his family(when his boys were still young).

This is a totally different situation here.

Every time this team suffers a loss, fans and the media rush to Gibbs and ask: "Are ya leaving yet??" and each time the man says: "I've signed a 5 year deal and will be here 5 years and maybe beyond that."

Why is it so hard for fans to take the man at his word?

Everything changes in this world.....and Joe Gibbs is eligible too. No playoffs this year means more hours next year because that is how Gibbs is. Gibbs is also another year older. Who knows. I am 75/25 that he will return next year. I am 75/25 that he doesn't finish all five years.

If I know Gibbs, which I don't, he'll stay at least 4 years. The man is a HOF, and personally, his legacy will be more tarnished by quitting rather than toughing it out. He inherited quite a mess here, just like Bill did in Dallas. It seems like Bill might have fixed it, but there's still plenty of football left to be played. Now, without attacking your draft or spending, you can't say if Gibbs is going to fix things or not. But with his credentials, I'd be willing to give him some time. This team is better this year than it was last year, I will give you guys that much.

If you finish 6-10 or worse, or even 7-9, I think he steps down as head coach.

Not necissarily because he WANTS to, but because Danny boy is going to get antsy. Considering that you have no first round pick for next season, and now appear to have regressed back to 2004 form, he could pressure gibbs into stepping down.

Honestly, I think that Gibbs is holding your franchise back. He's no doubt a hall of fame legend, but I'm not convinced that he fits in the "modern game". I'd be willing to give him a third season, but if he strings together a 6-10, 7-9, 6-10 streak, he'll be adios.

I am a Jet fan but with my team stinking it up so bad I've decided to take a look around at this site again (haven't been back since the Coles trade)

Anyway, I think you guys have a really greach coaching staff with Gibbs and Williams. I still wish we would have gotten Williams even with Donnie H. being as good as he is but Williams has a great defensive mind. If Herm gets canned or resigns I would love to take a look at him for Head Coach.

If Gibbs does leave, I think Williams would likely take over without much effect.

he will probaly quit soon

he looks like he has no idea what is going on the feild. 4th and inches on the 39 of the raiders with a 7-0 lead at home , you dont call time out and go for it?

what kind of clown crap is this. you get to the red zone every week and you keep running portis when he has has proven he is not a big time back in the 2 yrs we had him

he has made no adjustments from last yr. He still has portis and brunell fumbling games away

We need a coach who is going to fit players with his schems. Not making a soft running back like Portis into Ernest byner or John Riggins.

Archived