Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alarming Defensive Stat

Stucon

agreed. the Redskins need help at DE.

but that doesn't explain Mike Sellers' brain fart. That doesn't explain Mark Brunell or Clinton Portis fumbling. It doesn't solve our problems with Derrick Dockery holding or the OL allowing guys like Jared Allen and Derrick Burgess to look like LT.

4 of the top 5 sackers play on losing teams

pressure is important though, the give aways on offense is more alarming.

exactly, who would have thought that we would be giving up the ball so much this year, and that our defense has been suspect all year. Who would have thought it?

then how come we lost to the Bucs? :)

the Redskins 5-5 record is a result of team wide breakdowns. Blaming the offense for only scoring 13 points today is counterbalanced by the defense's recent tear of 36 vs. the Bucs, 36 vs. the Giants, etc.

both units have breakdowns. both units have unnecessary penalties that are repeated week in and week out. both unit have players being paid well who are not performing well.

then how come we lost to the Bucs? :)

the Redskins 5-5 record is a result of team wide breakdowns. Blaming the offense for only scoring 13 points today is counterbalanced by the defense's recent tear of 36 vs. the Bucs, 36 vs. the Giants, etc.

both units have breakdowns. both units have unnecessary penalties that are repeated week in and week out. both unit have players being paid well who are not performing well.

That is right. The O has lost a few, and the D has lost a few. They have only put it together for one game, and that was against the lowly 49ers.

It's not about getting sacks. But it is about getting pressure on the QB and the Redskins are not doing that. I mentioned this before and a few individuals made excuses for the team. Sure, whatever...

I am die hard Redskin fan, but I will not make excuses for this team. They are indeed hurting in both protecting Brunell and getting to the opposing QB.

Now for a positive outlook.

Gibbs is a great coach and he will do something about this. Look at how far this team came from last year. I am willing to bet that next year they will be even better.

The offensive turnovers are putting alot of pressure on the defense, the wierd thing is at home we have been pretty good with not turning the ball over this year, you can't place blame on the defense when the offense looses the ball inside their redzone or inside the opponents redzone as we have been doing thus far....the only thing a coach will tell you is that the team has to play through it.

With the injuries on defense in addition to the lack of pressure by our front 4, and the bltiz...which isn't producing any pressure is allowing teams to pick us apart

Archived