Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I missed the game, please tell me what happened

IrepDC

A lot of my friends were in town, from college, for Thanksgiving so we all were out playing football all day today. When I left my house the Skins had just ran an INT back for a TD. I got home a little while ago and I see that we lost 16-13. Would anyone be kind enough to tell me what happened? How in the world did the Raiders come all the way from the west coast and beat us in our house? Thanks ahead for any responses.

We were up 13-3? WTF, I see that we still have no killer instinct on this team. Sitting on lead's no longer works in the NFL. There are too many talented athletes who can make big plays. Joe Gibbs needs to stop trying to be classy and run up the score. The only time he seems to let our offense play is when we are down.

Portis and Cooley fumbled. Our Offensive line could not protect a ****cat. Brunell had Raiders at him within 2 seconds of every pass, tried to scramble, and oftentimes threw it out of bounds, out to North Mexico, and almost into the hands of the other team. Moss was covered most of the time. Portis kept running up the middle into the arms of black and silver. Rock did the same thing. The Raiders kept making miracle awesome throws down the middle between our blockers and had miracle awesome catches. IMO our D did well stopping them even under the 5 a few times yet still allowed field goals. The Raiders made some nice missed catches, but Brunell threw off-short or long and missed Taylor Jacobs. (either that or Jacobs was not as fast for the route). Sean Taylor and Lavar Arrington made some 'slap your daddy' hits that made us proud in the midst of negative oblivion. Marcus Washington was on every play as usual.

We sat on our lead, watched the Raiders catch up, and then did nothing in the drives. Old "call me craters" Norv got revenge on Danny Boy. This board thinks the world is going to end, thus reneging all positives said about Gibbs or Williams or the team in the past.

IMO, this team can do anything, and nothing will surprise me. Not even if they go 11-5. I'm going to shut my mouth, get my BP down, and wait and see. :helmet:

They didn't get conservative and "sit on the lead". Portis only ran the ball once in the 4th quarter! In fact they gave up on the run and kept trying to force the ball downfield. But the receivers couldn't get open, and the o-line couldn't protect Brunell.

Yes he only ran the ball once but that probably was because we had five three and outs in the second half. I cannot count how may 3rd and longs we were in. The offense is still in Tampa. Hopefully next week they will show up.

This team is turning into the New Orleans Saints.

I live overseas and cant watch many of the Games but give me a break, 52 one week, and shut out 0 points the next, then beating the Eagles with 17 then scoring 35 points on the best defense in the league and still lose to the same team which has one of the 3-4 worst offenses in the league, then lose at home to a team with a weak defense because the offense can do absolutely nothing on them. AT HOME!

They score 35 on Tampa in TAMPA, the best defense in their house but cant even get a single TD against the weak ass Raiders at freaking home! They get shut out by the weak Giants Defense but can score 52 on the not nearly as bad 49ers Defense?

I have 0 faith in this team winning any game from here on out. I know that Gibbs knows what he is doing but these players just have nothing. They either dont want to win, dont give a rats ass, or just plain suck but you can't be that inconsistent. It's obviously the players not being able to understand a gameplan or just being lazy, something is not right.

Archived