Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All I want for xmas is a pass rush!!!

End2round2sanders

We have needed a pass rush for a long time. We haven't signed any talent in this area but have aquired it for other areas instead of the d-line. I actually think that this was a good idea cause we needed help in other areas more.

Unfortunatly it is kicking our @$$'s right now. But i can bet that we are going to be scouting for some talent up front this offseason.

:2cents:

Because thats the next time anything relevant is going to happen for us. That was a disgusting game to lose, sound familiar? Every week we find a way to blow games.

13-3 at the half and come out doing jack sh!t... way to go guys, you must be proud of yourselves.

We have ZERO pass rush and no 1st round pick... I can smell another 10 years of bad football.

As for the Draft, man how about if we could get Mathias Kawanuka DE BC (sp?). Oh wait, no 1st... oh well. Heres to being heartbroken yet again.

well consider this, if the colts resign freeney, they will be paying him a lot of money, a LOT... they still have to deal with James, Wayne, June, Brock, Mathis... they're losing a lot, no way around it.

i say whoever they dont keep, we sign.

If theyre costing the Colts a lot of loot, theyre costing the Skins a lot of loot too.

screw the other positions such as a cb, an extra safety. If we get pressure on the qb ad force him to make passes you can make 6th round straight outta JC corners look good. Same thing with a decent O-line if we can protect the QB like TB did with simms last week he made rookies like Edell shepered, a no name rookie look good. You can only cover a reciever for so long in the NFL we gotta get a pass rush your kidding yourself if you think we need help elsewhere.

Because thats the next time anything relevant is going to happen for us. That was a disgusting game to lose, sound familiar? Every week we find a way to blow games.

13-3 at the half and come out doing jack sh!t... way to go guys, you must be proud of yourselves.

We have ZERO pass rush and no 1st round pick... I can smell another 10 years of bad football.

As for the Draft, man how about if we could get Mathias Kawanuka DE BC (sp?). Oh wait, no 1st... oh well. Heres to being heartbroken yet again.

I hate the direction the Redskins are going in. We have an old coach and an old QB that won't be around for a rebuilding process, yet we aren't good enough to win with them either.

I really don't see the point of Gibbs sticking around and Brunell still playing. Get our the eraser and start over for god sakes.

They traded away our draft to get Campbell, well play his ass then, i'm with you I don't wanna see another 10 years of 6-10 seasons.

the Redskins are going to have to find a pass rusher in FA because we certainly don't have the draft picks to make a play for one in April. At least not one that will come in and contribute right away.

of course the acquisition of a pass rusher doesn't solve the mystery of how the healthy OL gave up season best games to Simeon Rice and Derrick Burgess in consecutive games.

you can blame mismatches and blown assignments by good players only so long.

when does it start to become a system problem?

If we spend big money on a pass rusher in free agency, we'll continue to suffer through mediocre years for the next five seasons at least. We need to draft some defensive talent. Tough to do when you don't have a first round pick. If solving a team's problems was as easy as throwing money at free agents, this team would be competing for the division. Problem is, we're tapped out. After four years of spending the ofseason with the assumption that we were one or two pieces away from a Super Bowl, we learn again that we're one or two lost pieces from the cellar. See what happens when you only have one impact d-lineman (Griffin)? See what happens when you have only one good receiver (Moss)?

What I'm saying is obvious, yet for some reason I don't have an ounce of confidence that the Redskins have a clue. Watch, we'll spend 15mm for John Abraham or Darren Howard when we really need a Demarcus Ware.

I made a post probably 2 weeks ago saying I hated how the Redskins continue to trade draft picks and then draft a QB with our 1st RD pick.

I stated that our D-line is awful, QBs sit back in the pocket and just eat us alive. I know our secondary has it struggles but honestly when the QB has all day to throw the ball the recievers have the advantage and will get open a majority of the time.

You have got to get pressure on the QB in this leage to win. We cannot get any pressure with just a 4 man line, we have to bring a blitz and if you've noticed lately even our blitzes are being picked up quite easily which means not only are we not getting any pressure on the QB but we're in man to man coverage.

I also stated that our O-line is some what old in places and not very talented. Sammuels is done, we have Ray Brown as back up, we just aren't very good on the O-line.

I got a reply from one of these guys that has like 5,000 post basically saying I didn't know what I was talking about because our O-line was good and the pick of Campbell was great and all this.

Campbell might be great, but we are never going to be a good team without having atleast a decent o-line and a d-line that can get some pressure on the QB.

We are building this team backwards, this team dosen't need to go 3 deep at the QB position and ignore the lines.

If we spend big money on a pass rusher in free agency, we'll continue to suffer through mediocre years for the next five seasons at least. We need to draft some defensive talent. Tough to do when you don't have a first round pick. If solving a team's problems was as easy as throwing money at free agents, this team would be competing for the division. Problem is, we're tapped out. After four years of spending the ofseason with the assumption that we were one or two pieces away from a Super Bowl, we learn again that we're one or two lost pieces from the cellar. See what happens when you only have one impact d-lineman (Griffin)? See what happens when you have only one good receiver (Moss)?

What I'm saying is obvious, yet for some reason I don't have an ounce of confidence that the Redskins have a clue. Watch, we'll spend 15mm for John Abraham or Darren Howard when we really need a Demarcus Ware.

I'd go draft for a DE, if we had a 1st round pick. BUt since we don't, and since we suck soooo badly at getting to the QB, I think you have to spend some bucks. Ramsey probably won't be here next year,and I can think of a couple others. We should have some bucks for the job. Then int he other rounds we can go D-line and maybe receiver

I think we're hurting without C Griffin in there and we SURE could us a top notch DE, also on the other side of the ball our "O" line can't seem to keep any pressure off Brunell. Thats just how I see it, the pocket seems to break down way too soon lately. :mad:

Archived