Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do Not Blame The Defense

Warhead36

This loss was NOT on the defense's shoulders today.

When you only allow 16 points(and 3 of them were off the short field)it's generally a good day.

I know they allowed the FG at the end but what did you expect? The offense kept going 3 and out at the end, you knew they'd succumb eventually.

The D got the takeaway, hell even a TD out of it, that we've been begging for for weeks. They should have had another one I know, but meh, at least they had one.

This loss was ALL on the offense.

It's on the team, both offense and defense. Offense couldn't do anything all day but run the ball somewhat. Defensively they couldn't stop the Raiders at all when it mattered, they let Jordan just catch ball after ball out of the backfield unchecked. I don't know how a coach can think of himself as a genius and let that go on. Sorry Gregg but after the Lavar mess and the last few weeks, you're certainly not as good as you thought you were.

Hey, the defense sucked. You have got to be on crack. Did you watch Collins sit in the pocket all day and throw at will?? The defensive line got their ass handed to them, no pressure, and the secondary was scorched. I am not blaming the defense, hell they scored seven points, but don't tell me they didn't look like crap. The Raiders ran the ball right up their ass in the second half. Luck kept the score from being a lot worse, not defensive play.

Hey, the defense sucked. You have got to be on crack. Did you watch Collins sit in the pocket all day and throw at will?? The defensive line got their ass handed to them, no pressure, and the secondary was scorched. I am not blaming the defense, hell they scored seven points, but don't tell me they didn't look like crap. The Raiders ran the ball right up their ass in the second half. Luck kept the score from being a lot worse, not defensive play.

Wrong. ST kept the score from getting worse.

The defemse held the raiders to 3 FG inside the five, 3 times. They held Moss to 2 catches. they held Jordan to under fifty yards. That ain't bad defense.

But the stalled drive on thet crazy thrid and seven bomb attempt, then the two straight three and outs... killed us

the defense was bad, but i'll grant that the offense was worse. Bottom line, the entire team was pretty bad. Let's not try and protect a defense that really DOESNT deserve any credit right now.

I'll agree the D-LINE doesnt deserve any credit....But you have to give our secondary and LBs credit. Hell, Kerry Collins had time to **** shine shower and shave. I dont give a damn who the QB is if you have that much time you should have a huge game. I give our D credit today. They are the only reason we had a chance today and scored our only TD.

Archived