Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is what happens when you play not to lose, conservative. Thx again JG.

Jphat007

Agree with this. Where did our creative offense go? A great defensive effort spoiled by a lack of offense. Two lousy field goals is all we can get against such a poor D? Looked like poor play calling throughout the game, I put this one on the coaches.

Conservative?? Stupid maybe. They threw deep a lot so I wouldn't call that conservative. But that deep play to Taylor Jacobs sucks because Jacobs couldn't get open.

Either running plays or deep to Jacobs. What happened to passes to Cooley or Portis - the 5 - 10 yard passes to tight ends that have worked all year?

I don't agree that it was conservative but it was pretty bad play calling. Not to mentioned the players sucked real bad - Portis - 2 fumbles and Brunell just went into the toilet.

Agreed. We thre like 3 deep passes to Jacobs only. When it was tied we go three and out twice because we passes way to much. At that point Portis had around 20 carries for 88 yards, and we dont run on any play.

Also, do we have an audible package. I remember hearing Brunell say that he would never change a call that Gibbs has put in. This is rediculous. Your plays Mr. Gibbs are not going to be run efficiently everytime you step on the field. If Brunell sees something he likes in the Defense, allow him to change our Offensive play. He is a veteran.

Our playcalling was not conservative. We bounced Portis around all day (which we have been asking for) instead of running him up the gut. We threw a ton of bombs. But some of our traditional money plays were noticably absent, such as the Moss screen or the little 5 yard passes to Portis. I dunno, to not put up 17 points on the Raiders at home is kind of depressing. If I were a lesser man I would blame the offense on this one, but then I remember this is a team sport. Do not blame one person or aspect, you have to blame everyone for losses and credit everyone for wins.

Everyone was worried about the defense and what happened? The offense really let us down. A portis fumble in the 20 and not going to run three people in the pattern will get you nowhere. I don't think that our season is over, but it isn't looking good. We need to win the last of our remaining games. We can't afford to lose more than one.

This team can't play a complete game. One game the offense is great but the defense is horrible. Then the defense will be great while the offense is awful. Same old Redskins. This team is doomed for all time. I would say we need a new coach, but if a Hall of Famer can't get it done who can?

If you play conservatively when you have a lead, you can lose to a horrible, horrible team. Oakland is a awful team, but because Joe Gibbs try to just barely hold on, he ended up losing. Bye playoffs. Just like last week. THanks JG.

Dude shut the hell up. He ran last week and yall ****ed, he threw it today and you *****. You'll never be satisfied so do us all a favor and just be quiet.

Not going for it on 4th down with the ball on thier 40 yard line when you're up by 7 already is being conservative, they only had to get a foot or less for a first down. You go for the first, you get the first and you go on to score another TD hopefully slamming the door on the Raiders completely.

As for those deep balls, they were a completely joke. No chance to actually have the ball caught and yet the ran the SAME play at least 4 times and every single time it was the same, reciever double covered, no chance to make a chance. You think after the first 2 times they would have got the hint but no, with time running out when they should have simply spiked the ball they choose instead to run that play AGAIN with 30 seconds or so remaining and it had the same conclusion, double covered, no chance to complete the pass.

Gibbs and his offensive staff simply do not know how to call a game and now it seems Gregg Williams doesn't have the first clue either. This team could still windup at the bottom, like all your favorite reporters projected at the beginning of the season. Gibbs is done, he got lucky for a while there but we need someone who knows how to coach in the 21st century heh.

If you know better then why aren't you coaching? Oh because you really don't know S. Again I say, stfu with your ignorance

LOL. I love when people come back and say, "if you know better then why aren't you coaching." Really gives me a laugh. Thanks man.

Archived