Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Taylor Jacobs (MERGED x2)

Sherlock Holmes

Guest sith lord
is the season over? maybe we should give up on portis he fumbled twice....

:doh:

let it play out if he stinks the rest the season he will be gone.... if gets better we have another starter for next season.

The problem is that people are getting sick and tired of waiting for these guys to develope.

Exactly. Some of those passes could have been easily picked off too.

I think Brunell just wasn't the same after that hit he took....

lol

Jacobs looked weak. He was never open today. I too, did not understand our forcing the ball to him.

They did try and force the action his way which I don't get. It seemed like they strayed from Redskin football to try and establish him instead of letting him work his way into the game.

And why the hell did we run so many fly patterns?

This isn't 7 on 7 or college..... where recievers run wide open by 5 yards:doh:

Taylor lacks toughness, a knack for running routes, maybe a little heart issue and just doesn't have "it"

Good point. Jacobs doesn't seem to "want" the football. There were a couple plays, most notably covered down the sideline against Fabian Washington, where he didn't make a strong move on the ball.

It's all about toughness and heart. I am a Jacobs supporter(just beause he isn't Patten) but I was real dissapointed with his effort today.

the problem is some peoples expectations are unrealistic. You have to play to develop.

one start is hardly a fair judge of his abilities

The guy was a high 2nd round pick and this is his 3rd year :laugh: Make all the excuses you want, the skins front office thought this kid was a 1st round talent :doh: What are your expectations? We are not talking about Cliff Russell or Justin Skaggs :doh: Rookies step in and play well in todays age. Look at Roy Williams in Detroit hell look at Chris Cooley.

Are the gratuitous threads saying how great this guy is and that he should be starting done now? please for the love of god let them be done.

he did absolutely nothing today.

this guy stinks!

You are sooooooo right. How about he had 0 yards after the catch. Some people are just in denial.

If he starts, we will certainly be in deep do-do.

I'm curious, what is this crap about "no one could cover taylor jacobs"? I took my lunch during the 4th quarter and witnessed with my own eyes Jacobs getting completly owned by #21 of the raiders. Thanks for wasting my time ya'll. The whole "Jacobs is the man" talk is just talk and more of testiment of how really pathetic and old our DBs are. Too much talk, it's time for the team to get down and play some football.

Next week: Chargers. I don't want to hear anyone out of redskins park say anything about how they're gonna spank them (and they better spank 'em good, too). They need to go out there and handle some business before New York and Dallas run away with the division. :doh:

:logo:

I'm curious, what is this crap about "no one could cover taylor jacobs"? I took my lunch during the 4th quarter and witnessed with my own eyes Jacobs getting completly owned by #21 of the raiders. Thanks for wasting my time ya'll. The whole "Jacobs is the man" talk is just talk and more of testiment of how really pathetic and old our DBs are. Too much talk, it's time for the team to get down and play some football.

Next week: Chargers. I don't want to hear anyone out of redskins park say anything about how they're gonna spank them (and they better spank 'em good, too). They need to go out there and handle some business before New York and Dallas run away with the division. :doh:

:logo:

maybe they said" no one can't cover jacobs"...see its a double negative. ;)

i agree with your second point. i too am feed up with the "we are going to kill x team, they are over rated, we are going to do this, we are going to do that" and they end up giving us the fight of our life or beating us. :mad:

Being at the game, Me and my buddies kept pointing out how the Raiders played bump and run on Jacobs with no safety help. The only gripe I have with the long throws to Jacobs is that they didn't have him do a double move or something. They just hung it down the sideline. The Raiders constantly played one man on him with no safety help, yet Jacobs couldn't take advantage of it.

Just curious, what did the raiders do to moss to shut him down?

For anyone at the game who saw the entire field... Was Moss doubled the entire game? Seems like hardly threw to him

i was at the game today, and it drove me crazy that every time we went deep was to Jacobs. Its like he has no deep ball skills whatsoever. On the one in the endzone, he turned around and started to go out of bounds then turned back over his right shoulder while losing his balance and had the ball knocked away. Moss looked open on a lot of deep post and go routes but was rarely thrown the ball.

he did okay in his first start, in a game Brunnel was way off.

anyone "expecting" more was being unrealistic

First let me state that I did not hype Jacobs because that would be foolish to do given that we have seen so little of him on the field. However, it is equally as foolish to totally write him off after one game.

I have seen him make some eye opening plays when given the opportunity. This is his first game back and probably his first week getting reps with the first team. Let's give him a few more games.

To be totally fair, Brunell was off today. His passes to Jacobs were not placed in a position where he could make a play. Granted, TJ did not gain separation for whatever reason either but this was one game.

I am going to reserve judgement on TJ until I see more from him. Either way, we need to draft or sign a FA WR in the offseason, preferably a big possession receiver who can get us that first down on a play like that 3rd and 2 on a quick slant for example.

I hate to think it, let alone say it, but Taylor Jacobs appears to be a bust from the Spurrier project. He found out today that trying to fill Pattens shoes is not going to be an easy thing to do. It's one thing to come trotting in on third down to play against the nickel corner, but it's another thing altogether to play the entire game against the other team's starting cornerback. And today was a great example from an Oakland secondary that is beat up. Jacobs failed to get any separation at all against rookie corners. Starting Jacobs is going to allow our opponents to keep Santana Moss blanketed with double coverage.

I knew Gibbs was making a huge mistake when he released Darnernian McCants. And now we're going to see what a huge loss Patten really is.

Don't expect Rich Parsons to be the answer either. He's too slow to make it in this league.

Archived