Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Officials Against the 'Skins? (Merged)

bubba9497

The zebra have cost us the division lead at this point. The 2pt and the push out calls last week. The two fumbles on that last Oakland drive were obvious, but the first one ticked me off because it was obvious clark had fallen on it. If none of the refs could see that then that entire crew needs to be fired or there needs to be more refs. I encourage Gibbs to complain about these calls.

We SHOULD be 7-3 and tied for the division lead, but instead thanks to the idiots in the striped shirts we are 5-5 and fighting for our playoff lives. We have not played the last seven weeks to deserve the 2-5 record we have over that time. I was hoping that if we won out at home and pulled out a game on the road we could get the division, that is no longer the case. We MUST beat the chargers next week, we CANT get upset by st. louis and arizona. We Must win the last three games. Basically, I think that the Redskins have to win out to make the playoffs.

... that was clarks fault for not keeping that ball. Happens all the time. not the refs fault. And that Jordan one at the goalline was not a fumble. Last week we had legit claims, this week we have only ourselves to blame.

This game is not the refs fault. This game is on us. Every game is on us. WE don't dominate unless the team is named the 49ers. Look back. Look at all of our wins and losses. Look at all of our turnovers. Stop blaming the refs cause its chicken ****. We may have gotten the short end of the stick several times but If we would just win games outright, these calls wouldn't matter. The problem is, we can't win games outright. We give up big plays all the time. Like when Shawn springs dropped off his man and Taylor started going to the other reveiver. Like no one picking up Jordan on the flat. Guess what, EVRYONE in this league is savy to greg williams system and they know how to beat it now. Time for new defensive schemes. This is stupid. His sytem only works when the QB is sacked or hurried. None of this happens. WE arent forcing the QBs to do anything wrong. THIS GAME IS ON US!

Stick a fork in us, this team is done for the year. What a bummer. but until we stop being so consevitive we will be out of the race.

This game was over when Gibbs did not go for 4th and 1/2 at the 40 in the very first part of the 1st Qt.

That would have set the tone for a victory.:(

The zebra have cost us the division lead at this point. The 2pt and the push out calls last week. The two fumbles on that last Oakland drive were obvious, but the first one ticked me off because it was obvious clark had fallen on it. If none of the refs could see that then that entire crew needs to be fired or there needs to be more refs. I encourage Gibbs to complain about these calls.

We SHOULD be 7-3 and tied for the division lead, but instead thanks to the idiots in the striped shirts we are 5-5 and fighting for our playoff lives. We have not played the last seven weeks to deserve the 2-5 record we have over that time. I was hoping that if we won out at home and pulled out a game on the road we could get the division, that is no longer the case. We MUST beat the chargers next week, we CANT get upset by st. louis and arizona. We Must win the last three games. Basically, I think that the Redskins have to win out to make the playoffs.

Officiating has been putrid...

But the Skins must love pain becasue they love to rely on their calls week in and week out..

if we get the clark fumble, the way portis was running, we could have run the clock down and at least had a chance.

I agree with your assessment except for Gibbs wasn't using Portis in the second half. See the thread about play-calling to see my thoughts on our 2nd half drives.

We showed nothing offensively to give you any confidence that the "fumble" would have changed the outcome of the game. At best, we go to OT and let them beat us then.

If we would just win games outright, these calls wouldn't matter.

You said it right there. A lot of people think that the games have come down to just one play. The fact is it doesn't. We could have played alot better and calls the refs make shouldn't matter that much.

Good points, playoff teams score more than 13 at home with everything on the line against a suspect D. We are a bottom dweller in the division. We are what we are.

Exactly, we always seem to play down to the level of our competition, and it is killing us. We can never put a team away when we should. Today we should have been up at least 14-3 at one point and then 20-10, but no we screw up to much.

Sorry for questioning your infinite wisdom Bubba.

You are SO smart in your nonstop complaints about officiating.

Jacobs held. Was it ticky tack? Probably, but he WAS holding. When you're outside like that and you're blocking a man right where the play is going, the officials are obviously going to be looking at you a lot harder.

No, you are wrong. Jacobs was not holding...no more than the 1000 holds I saw by Oaklands' offensive line. It was a garbage call.

Ok, last week against the Buccaneers, it appears that Alstott did make it in, i'll give ya that! However, after seeing the replay of Lamont Jordan's fumble over and over and over again, (You get the message), why would'nt the refs look at the replay for themselves? Everybody saw it including the Raiders! The 12th man and the Redskins made it quite obvious. What have we done to the refs to get these bad calls?

Ok, last week against the Buccaneers, it appears that Alstott did make it in, i'll give ya that! However, after seeing the replay of Lamont Jordan's fumble over and over and over again, (You get the message), why would'nt the refs look at the replay for themselves? Everybody saw it including the Raiders! The 12th man and the Redskins made it quite obvious. What have we done to the refs to get these bad calls?

You got it backwards. Last week Alstott was stopped, but that wasnt a fumble from Jordan. He was stopped for awhile before he started reaching for the goal line and pretty much set the ball on the ground, i couldnt see calling that a fumble

Wow the irony of this...

Trust me, no team has lost more heartbreakers at the hands of the refs than the Raiders, the phantom PI call on Moss against KC, then the bs trippin call against KC, the tuck of course, Siragusa's flop on Gannon, I could go on for days. Trust me, if you feel like the refs screw you then stroll on down to Raiderfans.net(cheap plug:laugh:.) and search for "screwed" and "refs"

Archived