Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

vernon davis

portis&taylor

DO you think we could get our hands on this guy?

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/409254

Let me drop his measurables on you. 6'3 255, 5% body fat, 40 inch verticle 4.41 forty, and he is the strongest person on marylands team right now. Also he holds all of maryland tigh end records in recieving and in the weight room.

Vernon Davis would be a good choice but I think he'll be a high draft pick and won't be around by the time we draft.Besides, he's more of a receiving tightend. But I do like Fasino from Notre Dame. He's as good as Davis and fits the bulky attack blocking tightend that Gibbs likes. On top of that he can certainly catch the football.

I would love to have him. Line him up as a wide reciever since Cooley plays his position. But I think we have greater needs. If he is available when we pick and he is the best available pick, then they should take him. But I doubt that would happen. Besides, we need defensive help, like a pash rusher.

A guy that you don't hear being mentioned too much but would be a great fit in our offense is Jeff King from Virginia Tech.

With Joe Gibbs, all you need out of a tight end is a steady blocker who can also be a threat in the red zone, and not remain in a three point stance while your QB is getting nailed, a la Robert Royal. Jeff King has good hands and has done a good job getting open on third downs for V Tech, much like Cooley does for us now. He has good size (6'5" 245) and would definitely be an upgrade from what we have at TE. I think if we had King with Cooley and/or Sellers on the field, the Skins could be dangerous in the red zone.

I think we should grab King in the 3rd because I think he would still be available. I am expecting to get a 3rd or 4th for Ramsey, so we would have that pick along with our 2nd to get someone solid on DL, OG, or a nickel back.

Thoughts?

I don't post too much, so here is to a lot of W's from here on out.

:cheers:

I think people are a little too seduced (perhaps not the best word choice there) by his physical skills and inhuman ability to stay upright.

I heard that he's very prone to making mental mistakes on the field and that he isn't a tremendous route runner. I think his value may slip between the end of the college football season and the draft.

As a Terps fan, I hope he stays in College Park next year. He is still a man among boys out there.

It will be hard to get Vernon Davis period. I wish he would stay his senior season at MD but that will never happen..lol! We sure could use a big time DE but addressing TE is not too far fetched. The secondary is a general concern, but where the picks will come from I know not. As you all know Free Agency will be the basis for plugging some of the holes. I know we arent limitless with money....but itll have to be there.

It says on his profiel hes 225 pounds.........

The redskins will draft the best pass rushing DE they can find with there 2nd round pick

Yup. If they don't do this I'll personally visit Redskins Park and wring Cerrato's neck. An additional TE is a luxury that we can't afford if it comes at the expense of shoring up our D-line.

I'm very wary of guys with great "measurables." We need smart, tough football players. In terms of TEs that fit that description, I'd opt for Fasano out of ND. I hope he comes out and has a crappy combine workout so we can draft him w/ our second rounder.

Vernon Davis is all of those things you mentioned.

Any team who drafts a TE ahead of him is f'ing stupid.

Hopefully he falls. It's possible if Mercedes Lewis or Pope really impress during tryouts

No it's not. Vernon is going to kill the combines.

He is a combine warrior.

His 40 time will be in the 4.4 range, his vertical will be over 40, and his bench reps will be somewhere around 30.

This guy was built to go to things like this.

Archived