Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is your favorite TV announcing crew? Least Favorite?

mcarey032

Hey all,

Who is your favorite TV announcing crew? Who is your least favorite or most hated TV announcing crew? My favorite crew would of all time would have been Madden and Summerall in the 80's. Most hated would be Ron Pitts and the son of Marv Albert, Kenny!

Least favorite: Aikman/Buck *throws up*

Favorite: Sonny, Sam, Doc, whoever else is there on 106.7 I turn down the TV to listen to them give me the play by play. :cheers:

Oh, all time hated: That MNF lineup that had Dennis Miller on it. Who thought: "lets take an obnoxious unfunny person who knows NOTHING about football, and stick him in the booth with others to call a game."

least favorite is Kenny Albert, Darryle Johnston, and Tony Siragusa.

This guy said it. Johnston isn't too bad, but Kenny Albert is a total homer and the goose is just annoying. The Sunday night crew with Thiesmann and Patrick is my favourite, although Mcguire is questionable at times. Monday night is good too with Al and John.

brian baldinger and kenny albert are absolutely terrible. i actually think that 95% of commentators are absolute morons. i don't really like espn's sunday night crew at all, and most cbs teams are really bad. aikman is good though and actually respects the skins.

I like Troy Aikman, but I can't stand Joe "I'm Joe Buck [scoff]" Buck.

I like Moose, but I am not a fan of Bob Stockton. He needs to retire.

My favorite team overall, who I've grown to like watching Bears games, would be Sam Rosen and Bill Maas. They work really well together, and Maas isn't nearly as bad as other Madden wannabes.

Other thoughts:

Mike Patrick is annoying because it always seems like he's running out of breath at the end of a sentence.

Phil Simms is annoying because he says "eem" instead of "him." But actually, everything to do with NFL coverage on CBS is annoying.

Madden and Michaels are okay, but ehh, I guess I'm just kind of sick of both of them.

One more thing: The worst announcing crew of all time was Kenny Albert and Tim Green. We always got stuck with them for those excrutiating games at Arizona in the mid-'90s. :doh:

I think Aikman and Buck are the best on TV. I don't know why people here don't like them, probably just because one's a cowboy. I can't front though the guys are good at what they do.

The worst that currently does nationaly televised games is the ESPN Theisman led team. Theisman is a great studio annalyst, but a terrible play by play guy. I also hate John Madden. He does nothing but state the obvious. I'm a young person though, and from what I hear, he used to be much better.

Also, I haven't seen him in a while, but for a couple years Jerry Glanville(former coach of the A.T.L.) announced games on tv. He was probably the worst I've ever heard.

If possible, I turn down the TV sound and listen to the game on the radio while I watch it, because if on average radio announcing is a 10, television announcing is a 3. Even Buck and Aikman would only be a 6.

Also, I often turn down the TV sound and just play a CD.

TV announcing would have to be the Sunday Night Football guys, least favorite is Kenny Albert, Darryle Johnston, and Tony Siragusa. I usually listen to 106.7 and turn the TV announcers down however. But with HD the delay is too much.

I actually really like Siragusa. When Dick Stockton does games with them, as he is now, that is my favorite booth (Stockton, Johnston, Siragusa). The goose offers great insight into line play, something that is overlooked by almost everyone.

Favorite is monday night crew and sunday night crew the sunday night crew is actually pretty good now since theisman joined just becuase im a skins fan and hes not a freaking homer during games and seems pretty knowledgeable.

MOST HATED OMFG your going to agree...

Troy Aikman-Whoever, Dallas vs Washington( we need to get troy and joe up in the box together during the 1:00pm game on fox lol.

I actually really like Siragusa. When Dick Stockton does games with them, as he is now, that is my favorite booth (Stockton, Johnston, Siragusa). The goose offers great insight into line play, something that is overlooked by almost everyone.

I promise im not saying this as an attack on you but Dick Stockton is one of the worst announcers of all time. How he still on the air is beyond me. He makes 10-12 mistakes EVERY game. And he's been doing it for 25 years. AWFUL.

Johnston is a good color commentator though. Goose? Meh. (shrug).

I like Al and Madden for most entertaining.

Call of the year: "Brunell goin deeeep, for Moss again HE MAKES THE CATCH! AND SANTANA MOSS FOR A TOUCHDOWN!"

Joe Buck may act like he's badass, but thats cause he is. Great announcer.

Dennis Miller, not the greatest idea for MNF, but the guy is brilliant and hilarious. Too bad most of America isnt smart enough to understand his jokes. (nor do i expect most Americans to know the details behind Gengis Kahn's battles etc.)

I like the sunday night crew also but I liked the 106.7 crew alot when Frank Herzog was there, but Joe Buck sucks and Tony Siragusa gets on my nerves he really just points stupid stuff out, even though I hate the cowboys,I think Moose and Aikman are pretty good brodcastors them 2 with a play by play announcer like Pat Summerall would be a good combo.

i dont understand all the hatred about joe buck.. and i think some of you guys take tony siragusa too seriously.. he's just in there for comic relief, although he really doesnt provide much..

anybody who says anything bad ab out the skins, people seem to hate, even though it might be the truth..

my favorite has to be troy and joe buck.. i think they are the least annoying.. the most annoying is

-brian baldinger( what an *******)

-bill maas (loves using the telestrator when its not even necessary)

-not joe theisman and mike patrick but the other guy (i mute my tv when he speaks)

Phil Simms is annoying because he says "eem" instead of "him."

LOL!!!! I can't stand Phil Simms for the same reason. It's "him", you jag!

Anyway, here are my favorite teams:

1) Mike Patrick, Joe Theismann, Paul Maguire

Really, it's because Mike Patrick is my favorite announcer; I can take or leave Joe (sorry) and Paul is just a doofus. But Mike Patrick calls a game with a unique style, plenty of emotion, and his games are NEVER boring, even blowouts. I always look forward to the Sunday night game and generally don't care that much about the Monday night game (which I'll get to later). PS - I think it's horrible that ESPN is hanging MP out to dry when MNF moves to ESPN after next season.

2) Pat Summerall, John Madden

You either love Madden or hate him. I'm kind of indifferent these days, but I always loved this duo. Summerall had that classic voice and style, and just seemed to perfectly offset Madden's, well, madden-ness.

And my least favorite announcers (I don't have a least favorite team):

1) Al Michaels

I don't understand why ABC and the NFL haven't realized that there is a common denominator behind the very obvious slide in MNF - his name is Al Michaels. It doesn't seem to matter who they pair with him, Monday Night Football is TOTALLY BORING. It doesn't matter what the matchup is, it's simply boring. Back in the day, I never missed MNF; now I miss it often.

2) Kenny Albert

Give me a break with this f--ktard. The only reason he has the job he has is because of his chain lovin' daddy.

2) Bill Maas, Brian Baldinger

These guys are just awful. Nothing more to say about them, really.

Archived