Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumsfeld given withdrawl plan by Pentagon

chomerics

How could I know what is going on internally in Iraq?? I don't live there.

But I believe the news. The only people who see this going well are choosing to do so and aren't looking at the situation objectively.

Every GI I've talked to upon return tells a different story than the press and is angry at their coverage. :2cents:

I'll laugh at you Chomerics when you are making the argument, after an early, ill-timed withdraw, that our failure in Iraq is the reason Terrorism continues. The failure will be on your hands and those of your ilk. You can argue the need to be there until the cows come home, but we are there now and need to make sure Iraq is stable and self supporting when we pull out. If that is not accomplished, the terror situation will get worse, not better. But you'll be sure to blame that on everyone except those of you who pussed out and forced an early withdraw.

You must be selectively picking who you talk to.

What can I say, the mainstream press refused to believe we had reached the Baghdad airport (most noteably the BBC), and stood in downtown Baghdad claiming U.S. forces were no where near the city. Yet my good freind Rob was standing on the roof of the Baghdad airport at the time, shaving as he watched us bomb the grand total of 2 tanks the Iraqis sent to retake the airport.

I have a lot less faith in the press than I do in the folks on the ground in Iraq.

I'll laugh at you Chomerics when you are making the argument, after an early, ill-timed withdraw, that our failure in Iraq is the reason Terrorism continues. The failure will be on your hands and those of your ilk. You can argue the need to be there until the cows come home, but we are there now and need to make sure Iraq is stable and self supporting when we pull out. If that is not accomplished, the terror situation will get worse, not better. But you'll be sure to blame that on everyone except those of you who pussed out and forced an early withdraw.

The terror situation is getting worse every day anyway.

What can I say, the mainstream press refused to believe we had reached the Baghdad airport (most noteably the BBC), and stood in downtown Baghdad claiming U.S. forces were no where near the city. Yet my good freind Rob was standing on the roof of the Baghdad airport at the time, shaving as he watched us bomb the grand total of 2 tanks the Iraqis sent to retake the airport.

I have a lot less faith in the press than I do in the folks on the ground in Iraq.

I've heard troops in Iraq call for Bush's and Rumsfeld's resignation, and say they had no idea why we were still there. The Media bias card has been played out. If you choose to believe in conspiracy theories rather than accept media reporting as fact, then there is no point to arguing anything.

You are a lost cause, indoctrinated fully by the Republican party.

Archived