Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm terrified....guess why..yes TURNOVERS

GO GO SKINS

TURNOVERS! All I can think of is us turning the ball over...I truly know that if we don't we can be a dominating team.

Im just glad Sean Taylors back, even with the turn overs last week we still would of won that game by 14 if Taylor protects the deep ball.

But without turnovers and our starting D coming back, we can be a very Dominant team, this Sundays game we will rebound and I feel good about how the Skins will play :point2sky

Yes, that has been the story all season long it's more of a mental thing than anything else, Gibbs I heard he had all his key position players carry the ball around with them all practice that doesn't seem to have solve the problem. Concentration is the word I think they do not turn the ball or miss assignments on defense have breakdowns etc they could possibly win this game in a convincing manner but if they have turnovers we're talking about another close game .

I am not even pressed about us getting turnovers yet. I would rather see them eliminate the turnovers. Think about it, if we eliminate turnovers and possess a nice lead. That will inturn make the opponent one dimensional, which will cause turnovers in it self (thats my take on it).

With a perfectly healthy defense, the offense can afford to be conservative and concentrate on a firm grip of the ball ie. Brunell. Our defense has been devastated with injuries to takes us into the off season. Brunell and others, particulary the special teams, feel that with every touch they must make a play. Focusing on that alone may cause one to forget the little things, which become big things, in a game of big, quick men. As frustrating as turnovers are, it is doubly frustrating for the player. The key, in my humble opinion, is to be in position to recover a fumble without need of review. The Offense must be aware of each others position on the field, to put themselves in position to fight for the ball while on the ground or in the air.

Hail Redskins!

Brunell is a fragile stallion. Once we get JC playing in a year or two i think the fumbles will drop drastically. That doesn't really help this year though, but this team is still a few moves away from being dominant anyway. But, we are at least competitive, which is all you can realistically ask for.

if any team stops having less turnovers than takeaways doesnt win then they are poorly coached. i still maintain that if we have more takeaways that we can be a dominating team. our D needs to get more takeaways im not to upset with having turnovers the only thing is the amount of turnovers. it really means alot where we have turnovers. we need more takeaways we only lost bc of a **** call on the last play of the game. we all saw the tape. lets be honest refs certainly dont make all calls.

i was going to say something extremely positive about tomorrow but on the other hand i dont want to jinx it....

needless to say i will NOT be wearing the beautiful gold/yellow v-neck sweatshirt i got from the Skins store last year. our boys have lost just about everytime that i have donned that shirt. it is to the point now that i wont even wear it when it isnt gameday, the evil rag. so my question is do i keep the shirt and never wear it, throw it away and live with the knowledge that it still exists somewhere or do i burn it to ashes?

Yup. Yup. Yup. I have said this in soooo many threads this year I am boring myself with repetitiveness.

It does not matter how many freaking turnovers we get if we do nothing with them. It only helped us in ONE game, and that was against a staggering Philadelphia Offense.

It is the fact that other teams capitalize on our turnovers with other teams.

Archived