Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Walt Harris vs Joey Porter

kevinklein

I actually like the match-up of Joey Porter versus Harris. I mean' date=' Porter has never actually run routes so Harris could probably take him.

Jerry Porter scares the heck out of me.[/quote']

That's what I meant by Harris having an advantage, but yeah Jerry Porter is a nightmare match up for Walter. At least ST is back so he can help Walt deep.

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

You guys think Springs can handle Moss one-on-one? It's gonna be interesting where GW assigns Sean Taylor. I personally think we need to double team whomever lines up against Harris.

I think he can do a reasonable job vs. Moss. I think he'd give up some plays, but who wouldn't?

I tend to agree that we should shade ST over Harris' side of the field.

Whatever the case we desperately need some sort of pass rush. It seemed when Lavar was brought back into the mix, we started to exert a little pressure...but that has since subsided. As much as I am starting to dislike Harris...he is not the reason for all of our problems on D. Hopefully, we'll see the likes of Griffin real soon...that should ease some of our problems. Either way...I feel pretty good about this game.

How do you cover Porter, Moss, et al? Knock the **** out of Collins.

If we don't pressure Collins we're going to need to beg Turner not to run up the score on us...You can't cover Moss and Porter all day long. Collins is a head case though so you have to knock him around.

Blitz and play cover three with Taylor in the middle of the field. I don't think Collins can do anything other than throw the ball deep if he's under pressure. Let's just hope that Walt Harris doesn't knock the ball away from ST when he's about to get a pick (Bears game).

We MUST pressure the QB. I believe the one thing separating us from a legit hard core defense is a pass rush. The fundamentals are there, if we can put serious pressure we can start to create the turnovers we are looking for. Last weeks loss was because of the fact that we cant pressure,. I nthis day and age of football, its very tough to expect your team to have 2 shutdown corners. We cant come in to a passing situation, bring 5/6 on a blitz and create zero pressure. I'd rather us sit in a prevent and do what we do well with our line (stopping the run) and double cover anyone on the field...

Archived