Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beginning of Time

Cdowwe

The concept of time is interesting, depends how you want to look at it.

"Time" is just a word we use to describe aging or entropy. If you step back and look at your surroundsings, everything lasts forever in the sense of repeating. A mouse dies from age, it's offspring follow. The mouse is eternal.

This is what I believe:

There may be no such thing as time, and we're just measuring an orgainsm's or objects rate of decay. After all, years are only the counting of the earth's revolution around our sun.The 24 hour time period and all of it's increments were created by humans, for humans. The 24 hour clock is also only relative to earth. On another planet the length of the day may be longer, yet the year shorter.

I struggle with this question a lot, but the fact is that it's easily reversed. Where did God come from, if you believe he exists and has existed from the beginning of time? This may be one of the questions that's simply beyond human comprehension.

Ultimately if you boil everything down to its most basic level, there are only two possibilities: 1) There was point at which absolutely nothing existed, then suddenly something appeared out of nothing. 2) Something has always existed which has no origin.

The first is entirely contrary to the laws of science, the second is beyond our ability to understand.

God has always existed and has no origin. Time itself was created by him. Our universe and all life were created in the context of the temporal. We are temporal creatures, and therefore cannot understand anything which is outside of these confines. God on the other hand, is eternal and dwells outside time.

That is the only way I see anything making sense.

Ultimately if you boil everything down to its most basic level, there are only two possibilities: 1) There was point at which absolutely nothing existed, then suddenly something appeared out of nothing. 2) Something has always existed which has no origin.

The first is entirely contrary to the laws of science, the second is beyond our ability to understand.

God has always existed and has no origin. Time itself was created by him. Our universe and all life were created in the context of the temporal. We are temporal creatures, and therefore cannot understand anything which is outside of these confines. God on the other hand, is eternal and dwells outside time.

That is the only way I see anything making sense.

Obviously. You are human, and god is a tool you use to explain the otherwise unexplainable. That is what most people do.

Actually, 1 is the current big-bang theory, so it is impossible for it to be contrary to the "laws" of science. Which "laws" of science are you referring to, anyway? There are quite a few.

The strength of the earth's magnetic field affects the amount of cosmic rays entering the atmosphere. A stronger magnetic field deflects more cosmic rays away from the earth. Overall, the energy of the earth's magnetic field has been decreasing,[5] so more 14C is being produced now than in the past. This will make old things look older than they really are.

We already know that this website is a bunch of crap, but maybe someone (chom?) can help me out. Carbon dating is done because the half-life of C14 is well known, right? So we are measuring the decay of the isotope. If that is the case, wouldn't increasing the amount of 14C make things look younger??

So where did this complex layer of multiple universes come from?

It has always been there. As another post said there are only 2 possibilities. Something coming from nothing or something that has always been.

To me to say something had to create it skirts the issue. Because if something had to create it, what created that something. And if we believe the creator has always been. Why can't we believe the multiverse has always been?

Archived