Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good Play or No?

EnFoRcEr_uPu

I think that the only problem with the WR screen is that when we do the screen to Moss we swing out a couple of our linemen which would open Brunell up to some punishment and might not allow Moss to get deep. But I am sure that Gibbs and company have many wrinkles planned that are set up from the wr screen.

It has worked very well this season, but someone will pick it and go for 6 sometime this season. Moss is the only one that can really do it on our team because of his speed and eyes on the field. He is only so good with the peole around him blocking him also. If the lineman can get out in time to block the right guys it will work everytime.

i think you'd pump fake to moss, then hit jacobs, who is doing a go straight from the snap. the safety steps up to sqaush the hitch, and jacobs runs by him.

Well, if Jacob's is that fast, maybe we could use him for a simple decoy? If he can get by the CB, then the safety would have to go help. Leaving Moss's side of the field wide open for a sprint deep.

A fake screen to Moss.

Think about it. Teams ALL know its coming, as you saw in Tampa. So why not do a pump fake to Moss, then let him burn by the CB as he comes in to cover the screen? There isn't a CB in the league that would beat Moss in a footrace.

That's the kind of play that would work one time all year. And if it worked it would be a touchdown.

And it could also get Brunell killed.

In the Giants game, if the season is on the line, you might try it. But would basically be giving Michael Strahan a free chance for a kill shot.

I don't know about a free shot. I mean, you bring Cooley up to the right side of the line with Portis in the backfield, then put Cooley in motion to the left. Let him run a quick slant to the right numbers, and Jacobs take a deep-route and draw in the safety coverage. This way you'll have Portis there to help pick up the block on Brunell's blind side, and give Moss plenty of running room.

I don't know about a free shot. I mean, you bring Cooley up to the right side of the line with Portis in the backfield, then put Cooley in motion to the left. Let him run a quick slant to the right numbers, and Jacobs take a deep-route and draw in the safety coverage. This way you'll have Portis there to help pick up the block on Brunell's blind side, and give Moss plenty of running room.

Didn't Richard Nixon cost the Skins a Super Bowl by doing this?

i figured they would rather fake it to Patten and have moss lined up in the slot to run a fly, but you dont need to fake the screen with the lineman because the only people you would have to worry about making bite would be the safety. THEREFORE you would still have the O-lineman in there to give brunell a couple seconds to get the ball off and Moss time to get outside and down the sidelines....just my opinion.....

I'd think with a fake screen to Moss, the most likely pattern we'd want to hit is a quick f-post by the FB. The idea being that the MLB and S would roll to help the CB, hoewever, if they don't roll, you'll probably have to throw the ball away (you might just need the S to roll).

You'd probably want to come up with something that'll keep the saftey home so if Moss breaks past the CB, there is no one. Knowing that Mike Sellers or Chris Cooley could turn a quick f-post into a 15-20 yard gain or more, the dc will have to keep the safety home.

A fake screen to Moss.

Think about it. Teams ALL know its coming, as you saw in Tampa. So why not do a pump fake to Moss, then let him burn by the CB as he comes in to cover the screen? There isn't a CB in the league that would beat Moss in a footrace.

I guarantee we wll be seeing that soon!!! Gibbs is a Master at setting up Defenses and we havent even seen half his playbook yet. neither have other teams so they cant study or shut down things they havent seen yet.

Archived